Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

why is it all i hear is cobra....?..really??

This is a discussion on why is it all i hear is cobra....?..really?? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I agree with Shady....there are some serious dumbasses in this thread, lol...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I agree with Shady....there are some serious dumbasses in this thread, lol

white
    02 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You make no sense, of course the 03/04 has a low comp ratio, its supercharged and noone would take the blower off sicne its the big modding point for those cars. Anyone who wants to make more than 390whp in a mach 1 4.6 would still need to go lower comp ratio and a FI.
    First off why do people get all butt hurt over other peoples opinions. Why would one have to lower the compression and go the FI induction route to get 390rwhp on a Mach? All you would have to do would be put better heads/cams, and a procharger. You would be sittin' at 450-500rwhp if not better. It just an opinion on my part. I just prefer N/A over FI. Yet again just an opinion!

silver and black

I guess my whole point is the 03 04 cobra is a bad ass car so is the mach1. However there are tons of bad ass SS's, WS6's, Formulas, GTO's and even the SRT8's my issue comes in where all I hear is Cobra the badest thing invented. People just need to be open minded and look at the fact They are all bad ass give props where they are due...like for instance, As I said.. He pulled me from a dig. when I hit second I started pulln up on him. The thing is if he woulda stayed with it we would have been side by side before I hit third. But instead of taking the loss he quit. AND it was a Cobra there is no mistaking that freakin S/C squeelin. Anyway yea i was mildly moded he was stock..so what? Run what ya brung! If the cobra is the badest on the street, LS1 Goat give him a close run! so my lil 5.7 must be pretty bad ass too. I have a friend with a WS6 that will hand me my ass on a platter..Example.. I had an older guy in a new Zo6 wow awsome car. he wanted to play so i did I stuck with it and took my beatin like a man. Nice car gave the props he deserved. I dont think the results with the cobra would be the same now... I have a few more mods now! then again he may as well.. but I still say while the Cobra's and the Mach 1 are nice rides...beware of the GM Ls cars...you never know what may happen...I Agree 100% who has the deepest pockets!!......just sayin!!!

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

You make no sense, of course the 03/04 has a low comp ratio, its supercharged and noone would take the blower off sicne its the big modding point for those cars. Anyone who wants to make more than 390whp in a mach 1 4.6 would still need to go lower comp ratio and a FI.
    I don't know about that last statement. I made 415rwhp on a stock Mach 1 motor with a 100 shot of nitrous. I have a buddy with a Procharged 03 Mach 1 making 460rwhp on the stock motor. Car has 87k miles on it, 44k of them with the Procharger.

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    The header is used to draw you in to the thread. The OP explains the synopsis and reasoning in the first post, which he clearly states is about '03-04 Cobras. You are purposefully omitting information stated by the OP in order to have posters denounce and reject other models and versions of the Cobra.

The thread is about '03-04 Cobras, don't try to change the subject.
    The thread is about Cobra's, that's what it says. I didn't change anything. I don't hear you complaining about people talking about Mach I's, so why complain about all Cobra's?

The pinnacle of Cobra's is the 03-04. Most people will talk about them, kinda like no one is talking about LT1 F-Bodies on the LS1.

I didn't omit anything. You need to chill out dude. Life is to short to get your panties in a wad over this.

By the way, I love Cobras, they taste like chicken.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by supersexy View Post
    First off why do people get all butt hurt over other peoples opinions. Why would one have to lower the compression and go the FI induction route to get 390rwhp on a Mach? All you would have to do would be put better heads/cams, and a procharger. You would be sittin' at 450-500rwhp if not better. It just an opinion on my part. I just prefer N/A over FI. Yet again just an opinion!
    the problem with running high compression and boost isn't your inability to get power, it's the fact you cant run as much boost without quickly maxing out the capabilities of your fuel. heat and detonation become big issues. it's not that you absolutely cant. just you're taking a risk and running on borrowed time. plus i dont think the mach has as good of pistons as a termi.

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

This argument is older than the first flame being sparked.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Well I can pick up a 6.0 and throw some boost or spray on it for under 3k and have a reliable 550hp. You going to buy and mod a ls1 for that? Doubt it. Pm sent. Sounds good to me. Tired of meeting 60 plus year old guys that don't drive their cars.
    Dude, not all old guys are like this. I take the 02 to the track all the time.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    I don't know about that last statement. I made 415rwhp on a stock Mach 1 motor with a 100 shot of nitrous. I have a buddy with a Procharged 03 Mach 1 making 460rwhp on the stock motor. Car has 87k miles on it, 44k of them with the Procharger.
    Yes you made that with nitrous. A 4.6 even dual over head cams have a very hard time hitting 400whp N.A. And once again your buddys is super charged, not N.A.. Quite a few ls1 cars make 460whp with prochargers but thats about all you can go and even then your running high comp on boost.

Black
    2001 WS6

cobra, mach 1, gt500, 500kr, shelby, and whatever else name you throw on to it, at the end of the day, its only a mustang, and stock to stock, the ta's/ camaross were always faster

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    cobra, mach 1, gt500, 500kr, shelby, and whatever else name you throw on to it, at the end of the day, its only a mustang, and stock to stock, the ta's/ camaross were always faster
    Ok, now you got me started with this comment. Lets go back to 1985 and tell me the Camaro was faster then the Mustang!!!! My 190HP Z28 had its ass handed to it by every Mustang GT on the road and they just laughed....
    Sure, today they are faster, and probably most people on this forum weren't even born then, let alone driving...enjoy these times while we can.
    Ford will return, they have deeper pockets right now.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Ok, now you got me started with this comment. Lets go back to 1985 and tell me the Camaro was faster then the Mustang!!!! My 190HP Z28 had its ass handed to it by every Mustang GT on the road and they just laughed....
    Sure, today they are faster, and probably most people on this forum weren't even born then, let alone driving...enjoy these times while we can.
    Ford will return, they have deeper pockets right now.
    True ford has deeper pockets, but even there near 90k supersnake is a let down compared to other cars in its price range. They have enough power with 635ishwhp and the supersnake looks good but its missing alot. Ford has deeper pockets now they just need to figure out how to use that money correctly. Hell they put a roots style supercharger on a ls3 camaro ran 8psi and bolt ons and made almost the same hp and more trq than the supersnake. They also beat it around a track, in the 1/4mile, and from a roll.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-27-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Black
    1999 WS6

True ford has deeper pockets, but even there near 90k supersnake is a let down compared to other cars in its price range. They have enough power with 635ishwhp and the supersnake looks good but its missing alot. Ford has deeper pockets now they just need to figure out how to use that money correctly. Hell they put a roots style supercharger on a ls3 camaro ran 8psi and bolt ons and made almost the same hp and more trq than the supersnake. They also beat it around a track, in the 1/4mile, and from a roll.
    Soooo true!!! No traction whatsoever in the Snake. People focus on horsepower, but unless it gets to the ground, its useless. This is proven in the SuperSnake.
    I was just referring to the post above. Stock for stock going forward will be interesting, but back in the 80's when a 190HP Z28 versus a 225HP GT, the tables were reversed. Ford had its rule, then GM came back, especially with the 98-02 model cars.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Soooo true!!! No traction whatsoever in the Snake. People focus on horsepower, but unless it gets to the ground, its useless. This is proven in the SuperSnake.
    I was just referring to the post above. Stock for stock going forward will be interesting, but back in the 80's when a 190HP Z28 versus a 225HP GT, the tables were reversed. Ford had its rule, then GM came back, especially with the 98-02 model cars.
    1996 was a bad year for the stang lol.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-27-2009 at 10:54 AM.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I think this (and some of the comments below it) deserve another bout of this....

[Best Darth Vader Voice] The Stupidity is strong with this one [/Best Darth Vader Voice]

That is all.

Black
    2001 WS6

I take back my part about always, I mean with current since ive been in the car scene. from the 90s up. that should clear up my stupidity. Stock to Stock

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

90-92....lightweight 5.0 LX M5 (especially notch) would handily beat anything except the L98 F-body, and with a good driver, still had a slight advantage over it, too (significant weight advantage).

93-95....agreed.

96/97....Cobra was a good run for an LT1.

98-02....agreed.

03-09....we know that story.

2010....SS is significantly quicker than a GT. GT500 is significantly quicker than an SS (even though traction does seriously limit it).

Waiting for the cost arguement from one side and the cid arguement from the other. Neither change the results, but someone will no doubt bring them up.

Black
    2001 WS6

stock to stock.. SS to GT, WS6 to GT. Anything above a gt isnt a fair comparison because you get involved in aftermarket companies. not cobras or gt 500s

Arctic White, red/gray

stock to stock.. SS to GT, WS6 to GT. Anything above a gt isnt a fair comparison because you get involved in aftermarket companies. not cobras or gt 500s
    Lol come on, the cobras and mach 1s were good races for ls1 cars. Cobras were ford factory cars that you can order through ford. They count.

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Yes you made that with nitrous. A 4.6 even dual over head cams have a very hard time hitting 400whp N.A. And once again your buddys is super charged, not N.A.. Quite a few ls1 cars make 460whp with prochargers but thats about all you can go and even then your running high comp on boost.
    I was disagreeing with his comment of having to lower the compression in order to apply forced induction, that simply isn't true. Achieving 400rwhp n/a on a 4V mod motor would be difficult, and expensive, no argument there.
    2003 Torch Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 5-speed
    FRPP Aluminator 32V Long Block + Kenne Bell 2.1
    657 RWHP 635 RWTQ @16psi on 93 Octane
    Custom Tuning by Tillman Speed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information