Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 120

why is it all i hear is cobra....?..really??

This is a discussion on why is it all i hear is cobra....?..really?? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by jcso1477 all i hear is 03 04 cobra...blah blah blah....how many of you with modded ls1's actually ...

  1. #21
    Member El Toro Loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Harlingen, tx
    Posts
    757

    pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jcso1477 View Post
    all i hear is 03 04 cobra...blah blah blah....how many of you with modded ls1's actually have problems with the cobra? I only had one try and it was a good race he pulled 1/2 car on me from a dig but 2nd gear i started pullin up un him and he shut it down...hate to say but this was before cam and heads... all bolt ons...he was stock but still.. tired of hearing Cobra....
    because my friend they truly are badass rides. i grew up in a garage full of the generals masterpieces, and have always been a GM guy, never really been a fan of stangs, but if i did own one or decided to get one like most other members on here it would definitely be one of those two years cobras. Ford definitely got it rite with those and then like idiots they kill it lol

  2. #22
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    03-04 Cobra is a badass car but you pay for it. LS1 is cheaper to build faster if you take the price of the car into play Cobras get fast for cheap but then they even out. You can get around 500 rwhp for cheap but then shit gets expensive really quick. LS1 wins everytime:

    A: Cheaper to build
    B: See above
    C: More displacement
    D: Arguement ended

    I will own a Cobra some day and have already started shopping for one But they will never beat a LS1 in the long run just like a LS1 won't beat a big block in the long run......its called displacement

  3. #23
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    I know the super charger ones can give you a run for your money. what about the non super chargerd ones. having 32 valves really make that much difference?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    03-04 Cobra is a badass car but you pay for it. LS1 is cheaper to build faster if you take the price of the car into play Cobras get fast for cheap but then they even out. You can get around 500 rwhp for cheap but then shit gets expensive really quick. LS1 wins everytime:

    A: Cheaper to build
    B: See above
    C: More displacement
    D: Arguement ended

    I will own a Cobra some day and have already started shopping for one But they will never beat a LS1 in the long run just like a LS1 won't beat a big block in the long run......its called displacement
    The fact of the matter is, for most people, any street setup you run on that 4.6L motor will not have to require internal modification to the engine. So in essence, for big numbers, all you're shopping for is a nice supercharger or turbocharger setup.

    The LS1 on the other hand will not take the punishment, internally, from 600+whp on stock internals. So essentially, you not only have to purchase a nice forced induction setup, but you also have to build the motor to handle the power as well. That costs a lot of money and is the reason why '03-04 Cobras are so easy to make power on for cheap.

    Unless you are building a straight up drag car or a monster setup, and money is not an objection, then yes the LS1 will come out on top due to displacement. However, for the 95% of you who are only looking to make a good "chunk" of power (around the 600whp range or less), then it's cheaper and easier to due it on the Cobra.

    Hence, your argument does not hold true in most cases.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    47

    Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    really? i seen a vid of both an ls1 and a termi running twin turbos, the ls1 took the cake--- seemed like both had deep pockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01
    Deepest pockets wins races but "No replacement for displacement" So when all out, the LS1 will win every time
    You guys just always assume that the Ford is going to stick with the smaller 4.6, handing the LS1 a displacement advantage. When I say deep pockets, why would I not swap out the 4.6 for a 5.4? I'll guarantee you that if I put twin turbos on a 5.4 Ford GT motor, your LS1 will have no place to run, no place to hide. Now you've pretty much lost your displacement advantage. There's a whole lot of different combinations that can be built from these modular motors, and from the outside, they all pretty much look alike. All it takes is a few truckloads of money!

  6. #26
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    ummm, 5.4 is still smaller than 5.7?

    and even if you do that, we could just as easy upgrade to 6.0 or 6.2

    fail

  7. #27
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Not much out there can take a well driven LS1, in the same class anyway. But Ford got it right with the 03-04 Cobra. It was a last ditch effort to actually beat the camaro cuz weve kicked its ass since they were introduced.

    But yeah. a pulley and exhaust and theyll rape your ass


    One thing to consider is price.....Termis are expensive as shit, and you can pick up a good LS1 for 10k
    this


    Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    You guys just always assume that the Ford is going to stick with the smaller 4.6, handing the LS1 a displacement advantage. When I say deep pockets, why would I not swap out the 4.6 for a 5.4? I'll guarantee you that if I put twin turbos on a 5.4 Ford GT motor, your LS1 will have no place to run, no place to hide. Now you've pretty much lost your displacement advantage. There's a whole lot of different combinations that can be built from these modular motors, and from the outside, they all pretty much look alike. All it takes is a few truckloads of money!
    stop trolling, ls1s are still bigger than 5.4 and we can swap in a 6.0 or 6.2 liter probably alot easier,

  8. #28
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    ummm, 5.4 is still smaller than 5.7?

    and even if you do that, we could just as easy upgrade to 6.0 or 6.2

    fail
    whoa read my mind lol

  9. #29
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    whoa read my mind lol
    i noticed that....i was like wtf dude, just said that

  10. #30
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    The fact of the matter is, for most people, any street setup you run on that 4.6L motor will not have to require internal modification to the engine. So in essence, for big numbers, all you're shopping for is a nice supercharger or turbocharger setup.

    The LS1 on the other hand will not take the punishment, internally, from 600+whp on stock internals. So essentially, you not only have to purchase a nice forced induction setup, but you also have to build the motor to handle the power as well. That costs a lot of money and is the reason why '03-04 Cobras are so easy to make power on for cheap.

    Unless you are building a straight up drag car or a monster setup, and money is not an objection, then yes the LS1 will come out on top due to displacement. However, for the 95% of you who are only looking to make a good "chunk" of power (around the 600whp range or less), then it's cheaper and easier to due it on the Cobra.

    Hence, your argument does not hold true in most cases.
    While I respect your opinion because you know your shit, I disagree on some of your statement. To make big power 600+ you are looking at a different supercharger/turbo that runs big money......You can do that with a LS1 I have been shopping and found a set of forged internals for the LS1 for $1000 That takes care of that.....thats crank/pistons/rods forged!!!!! Cheaper then shit well maybe not shit but you get the point! Ebay is the friend of car masters! Cobra's peak out quick with little cash but to get the big boy numbers you have to invest I love both cars, thank god ford put up big numbers but the LS1 will win in the long run depending on cash. I wouldn't mind making 450+ for under or around a $1000 dollars with the Cobra but in the long run......my LS1 will and does win! Now money talks and bullshit walks, for someone with no money (the cobra will win) but with people that are willing to spend money, LS1 is MY toy

  11. #31
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    this




    stop trolling, ls1s are still bigger than 5.4 and we can swap in a 6.0 or 6.2 liter probably alot easier,
    Your point? I'm a gm man by heart, but their motor is superior to the ls1. size doesn't mean shit. Also which 6.0 are you talking about? Also longevity is a HUGE factor. Most of the termi motors won't last past 60-70k miles if driven hard. I will say that the ls1 will last longer, but it is out dated for sure by alot. The LQ4 or the LQ9 is a far better motor for modding for the price than a ls1 and will last you ALOT longer.
    Last edited by adam3566; 11-23-2009 at 10:06 PM.

  12. #32
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    I see you peeping Adam!!!

  13. #33
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Your point? I'm a gm man by heart, but their motor is superior to the ls1. size doesn't mean shit. Also which 6.0 are you talking about?
    I disagree....... Its iron which is nice but aluminum has been proven to support 900+ hp in the lingenfelter set up Your only as strong as your weakest link which is Fords timing chain (pretty important ) or our 10 Bolt.....maybe/is rod bolts

  14. #34
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Either way they both are domestic and rock And fuck the imports They dominate Adam...hit me up with your phone number PM style! I'm putting my car away for the year but obviously next spring we can get a car crew together

  15. #35
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I disagree....... Its iron which is nice but aluminum has been proven to support 900+ hp in the lingenfelter set up Your only as strong as your weakest link which is Fords timing chain (pretty important ) or our 10 Bolt.....maybe/is rod bolts
    Well I can pick up a 6.0 and throw some boost or spray on it for under 3k and have a reliable 550hp. You going to buy and mod a ls1 for that? Doubt it. Pm sent. Sounds good to me. Tired of meeting 60 plus year old guys that don't drive their cars.
    Last edited by adam3566; 11-23-2009 at 10:14 PM.

  16. #36
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Well I can pick up a 6.0 and throw some boost or spray on it for under 3k and have a reliable 550hp. You going to buy and mod a ls1 for that? Doubt it. Pm sent. Sounds good to me. Tired of meeting 60 plus year old guys that don't drive their cars.

  17. #37
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    I have a eye doctor appt at 12pm at Janesville Mall (Lenscrafters) for my contacts but gonna drive the Maro.......Have no clue when you get done with work but wouldn't mind meeting up and shooting the shit.

  18. #38
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    This thread is the funny.

  19. #39
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    [Best Darth Vader Voice] The Stupidity is strong with this one [/Best Darth Vader Voice]

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    And fuck the imports They dominate
    Hrmm.... I don't agree with this statement.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  2. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  3. anyone ever use or hear of this?
    By DemonSpeed in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 04:36 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Any one else hear this sh*t?
    By 02ultraZ in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •