Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Who's Terminated the Terminator?

This is a discussion on Who's Terminated the Terminator? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I learned my lesson when I bought my first LS1 car. It was a 98 SS, stock except exhaust, and ...

NBM/Torch Red
    01 SS Blown/03 Cobra

I learned my lesson when I bought my first LS1 car. It was a 98 SS, stock except exhaust, and I jumped on a pullied 03..Needless to say, i was butt-hurt for the next few days. I'm an LS1/Chevy guy at heart, but I absolutely love the 03-04 Termys. Everyone that has posted has talked about the KB blowers on them...how bout the Whipple!? Regardless, if you run into a Termy with a Twin Screw blower, you better be making some power otherwise watch out...

BTW-I have both a 01 Camaro SS(408 D1 Procharged) and a 03 Cobra(whipple/solid axle/etc)...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    I am from East Moline. My parents still live there. I wanna take my car back to Cordova sometime though.
    Now that would be a hell of a time!!!

Get both our black WS.6's out there.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Smile

I ran a stock termi...who lives in the area... I have my mods in my sig. mostly stock... he took me bad... first 2 times... I could gain the lead early once by 2 cars...then as soon as I went to 3rd (Auto)... he would blow past me...(same thing happened at the track with one...but he ran like shit 13.4...) then on the last run... I guess he didn't get any grip...so I took it as an Emotional WIN... cause he let out after 2nd gear...

There's only a hand full of stock ones in the whole Metro area... so I haven't really ran any other Cobras... as many as there are around... cause I'll get raped 99.9% of the time
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

10's N/A

Supercharged 4-valve motors are nothing new...and really not to special - no pun intended. Guys have been supercharging the 4.6 Cobra's since back in the mid '90's when that motor was first introduced. The reason was simple: they "needed" them. It wasn't until Ford put the blower motors into production in '03 that people started noticing them. There fast - just as really any V8 with a supercharger should be - no suprise there. But, you build a low-comp LSx blower motor and you can make sooo much more power and torque than a "terminator" -- with much less boost. We see it all the time.

NBM/Torch Red
    01 SS Blown/03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Supercharged 4-valve motors are nothing new...and really not to special - no pun intended. Guys have been supercharging the 4.6 Cobra's since back in the mid '90's when that motor was first introduced. The reason was simple: they "needed" them. It wasn't until Ford put the blower motors into production in '03 that people started noticing them. There fast - just as really any V8 with a supercharger should be - no suprise there. But, you build a low-comp LSx blower motor and you can make sooo much more power and torque than a "terminator" -- with much less boost. We see it all the time.
    I agree to an extent. I love my Procharger but the feel of a roots(twin screw) style blower is badass. Almost no "boost-lag" and the torque curve is nice too. If only we could put a nice sized Roots style on and LS1 F-body w/o hacking it to death. And I personally dont think its how much power/torque you make, but when you make it. Either way, they're both badass cars. Just depends how much money the owner wants to spend as to who is faster...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

It wasn't until Ford put the blower motors into production in '03 that people started noticing them. There fast - just as really any V8 with a supercharger should be - no suprise there. But, you build a low-comp LSx blower motor and you can make sooo much more power and torque than a "terminator" -- with much less boost. We see it all the time.
    I agree 100%.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by onefastss223 View Post
    I agree to an extent. I love my Procharger but the feel of a roots(twin screw) style blower is badass. Almost no "boost-lag" and the torque curve is nice too. If only we could put a nice sized Roots style on and LS1 F-body w/o hacking it to death. And I personally dont think its how much power/torque you make, but when you make it. Either way, they're both badass cars. Just depends how much money the owner wants to spend as to who is faster...
    If Roots-type is what you want, then Magnuson's MagnaChager is what you need to get. They offer a "kit" (not some hacked up system you were referring to) in conjunction with Kenny Duttweiler for the LS2 that makes 740HP @ the crank. It uses a 402 LS2 Block, Duttweiler massaged heads/cam, and a Magnuson MP122 HH roots-type supercharger with air-to-water intercooler. And, oh, is 650 ft-lbs of torque @ 2500 on only 8lbs. of boost a nice enough torque curve for you? Magnuson also offers stand alone mild-to-wild supercharger kits to go on your LS1.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 07-14-2007 at 03:39 PM.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

If Roots-type is what you want, then Magnuson's MagnaChager is what you need to get. They offer a "kit" (not some hacked up system you were referring to) in conjunction with Kenny Duttweiler for the LS2 that makes 740HP @ the crank. It uses a 402 LS2 Block, Duttweiler massaged heads/cam, and a Magnuson MP122 HH roots-type supercharger with air-to-water intercooler. And, oh, is 650 ft-lbs of torque @ 2500 on only 8lbs. of boost a nice enough torque curve for you? Magnuson offers kits from mild to wild for LSx motors.
    Look @ my avatar profile thats what I'm running.....however if I had it to do over I would buy Harrops, check that monster out
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Black
    2004 GTO

Trick post up u got a termy.? what u pushin'?

10's N/A

Purely Insane...is all I have to say

Black
    2004 GTO

Purely Insane...is all I have to say
    About what?....the harrop s/c? I got some vid of mine if interested?
    Not interesting enough I guess
    Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 07-14-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Preston, you sound a little like me. Except where you've swapped from car to car, I've kept my old 5.0 and modified it to keep up with the fastest production cars available. It started with my good ol' trusty stock 5.0. I was outrunning f-bodies and enjoying it until I got beat by an LT1 vette. I took care of that with a basic h/c/i upgrade, but when I got outrun by a C5 vette, I redid the H/C/I with a little professional help from Ed Curtis 320rwhp and a weight of less than 3200 lbs I had0 no more LS1 problems. Then I ran into a Z06 ... So, I decided to "go all out" and invest in a twin turbo kit from incon. The car made 420 rwhp, and I thought that I wouldn't have to worry about chevy again.....wrong!

When I found out that the production for the new Z06 was approved, I pushed the boost limits and blew up the stock 5.0. It seems 500 rwhp was a little much for the ol' mill. I was just planning to stick some solid internals together and outrun the new Z06, but then I heard about the supercharged corvette, and I'm tellin' ya man, I'll be damned if I ever let a production corvette get the best of my very modified mustang. Plus, there's something I enjoy about upholding the 5.0 reputation. It seems like all but the old-schoolers underestimate the potential in these cars.

I'm putting together a little combo that goes like this: a 331 c.i. 302-based Dart Iron Eagle block, billet crank and rods, forged custom 8.5:1 pistons, AFR 205 heads, TFS-R box intake, custom Ed Curtis hydraulic roller cam, Precision GT42-76mm ball-bearing turbo, shaft mount rockers, Big Stuff 3 stand-alone engine management system, and all the supporting goodies. I'm shooting for a conservative goal of 700 rwhp on pump gas, and the turbo is rated to 1200 hp (a little over 1000 rwhp) all maxed out - race gas. I'm considering running the car on E85 so that I can run more boost on the street (104 octane) than with regular gasoline. It seems ridiculous to me that I might still have my hands full with corvettes, though. If this SS is still 427 c.i. and comes with forged internals, it's still going to be very hard to stay in front of them after just a few modifications. But, I think at this point, everything will come down to who has the most traction. If 1000 rwhp isn't enough to hold off these damned chevies, then I guess I have to join the ranks.... Though in a way, I already have. I just bought my '97 C5 in November... It's a great car, but I don't plan on dumping the same kind of money into it.

Chris

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I love muscle car wars!!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah they can be quick, my girlfriends cousins 91 has a 62mm trim turbo on a built 302 and made 622rwhp he is selling this setup and going with a 398 and a 101mm trim turbo hes lookign for 1200-1400hp.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Now that would be a hell of a time!!!

Get both our black WS.6's out there.
    and a yellow terminator!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I was terminated...I didn't know what it was when i raced. I just figured it was a GT. This is when I first got my car too. I was like holy crap that GT is fast. I never heard the SC, but that car was loud. Turns out he had owned several camaros before the Terminator. I beat him from a dig but he said he wasn't trying and I believe him. I think a stall and a cam might do the trick.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

pullied cobras have the loudest blower whine ive ever heard. its the most fantastic death you could be dealt.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    pullied cobras have the loudest blower whine ive ever heard. its the most fantastic death you could be dealt.
    yeah man...it's like a screaming Banchee coming for your Head...nothing like a turbo spooled which is just noise...

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    yeah man...it's like a screaming Banchee coming for your Head...nothing like a turbo spooled which is just noise...
    "A Turbo spooled which is just noise" I know a few turbo cars that if you hear that noise it's already too late for you........heck....we can't even get the Rustangs to play with us any longer.........I'll take a turbo any day over a s/c.......

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information