Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Who's Terminated the Terminator?

This is a discussion on Who's Terminated the Terminator? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by preston1980 I will probally not mod it to much, Just your basic bolt ons. KNN, Full exhaust, ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    I will probally not mod it to much, Just your basic bolt ons. KNN, Full exhaust, tune, stuff like that. But no major mods like cam/heads.

But I might do a 200 shot of NOS. They take it just fine, I have read up on the LS6, it responds to N2O very well. That way Ill have a 400 rwhp car with the bolt ons, and a 550 rwhp car with the NOS. Only when I need it.
    as much as i love the z06. your cobra is a bad mother. i wouldnt sell it, not even for a c6 actually.

nitrous would be cool to have....

do what you feel man.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Eh Nos is kinda gay in my book i would rather have F/I on a vette all the time 550rwhp but thats just me. I had NOS on my 89 240sx lol it was stock except i rebuilt the tranny it ran a 13.8 lol.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    LS1s are great engines. I love my cobra so much. i ran bone stock 12.70@113mph and best trap was 114mph. and now my mods are only, intake, pulley, tune and i ran 11.90 with easy launching on 2,5k RPM.

if anybody talks sh*t to cobras, either don't know nothing about cars or JEALOUS!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Whe na cobra wants to race me i jsut get my dads truck and plow into that son bitch yeaaahhaaaa!!!

golden
    89 grand prix

there's very little that can compare to the noise of an uncorked kb blown mod motor. the sickest i'd ever heard was a k.b. 2.6l (i believe) blown lightning with long tubes. i get chills just thinking of it that thing it would just lift and scream.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I thought the Magnuson (SP) fit under the hood of a stock vette. Centrifugal s/C's are nice and all but I love the sound of the roots/screw superchargers. I love hearing termy's and lightnings go down the track. If Gm does like some of the flying rumors on the net (not that I totally believe them) GM will have a couple of blown v8's out there. One will have a caddy badge, one in the vette, and one (supposedly) in the new Camaro. And the new Goat is supposed to be on the same platform as the Camaro, it might get one too. I know GM has a 6.3L S/C motor out there ready for production but anything other than the ubervette at this point as to what gets it is speculation and guessing. Just keep the weight down unlike the GT500. IMO Termy>GT 500.

SSMOKIN_SS
    Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    I thought the Magnuson (SP) fit under the hood of a stock vette. Centrifugal s/C's are nice and all but I love the sound of the roots/screw superchargers. I love hearing termy's and lightnings go down the track. If Gm does like some of the flying rumors on the net (not that I totally believe them) GM will have a couple of blown v8's out there. One will have a caddy badge, one in the vette, and one (supposedly) in the new Camaro. And the new Goat is supposed to be on the same platform as the Camaro, it might get one too. I know GM has a 6.3L S/C motor out there ready for production but anything other than the ubervette at this point as to what gets it is speculation and guessing. Just keep the weight down unlike the GT500. IMO Termy>GT 500.
    I like the idea of the supercharger in the new Camaro but I wish they just put a LS7 in it. We'd have Ford crapping out their pants.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The new Gt 500 with a everything stock just a new S/C made 734rwhp in a vid i saw.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    The new Gt 500 with a everything stock just a new S/C made 734rwhp in a vid i saw.
    probably a kenne bell or that saleen twin screw blower that costs about 8 grand....

bad ass though

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

GT 500's can make huge numbers but they are heavy as sin and unless you modify the rear suspension you cant fit less than an 18 inch rim and you aren't going anywhere with an 18 inch rim no matter what brand tires you have with 700 + HP. There was one at the track last time I went had his dyno sheet with 702 RWHP. Kenne Belle blower etc. However the fastest he ever went was like 12.5 because the lit the 18 inch nitto's halfway down the track.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

My friends neighbor has a black vert, he ran an 11.8 with 655rwhp. Stock Rims

Silver
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    LS1s are great engines. I love my cobra so much. i ran bone stock 12.70@113mph and best trap was 114mph. and now my mods are only, intake, pulley, tune and i ran 11.90 with easy launching on 2,5k RPM.

if anybody talks sh*t to cobras, either don't know nothing about cars or JEALOUS!
    I don't think jealousy would have anything to do with it. Whilst they are bad ass cars, I have yet to lose to one.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I know for a fact there are several around the Denver area that will beat me.
    10.98 on just the blower...has nitrous but it didn't have the bottle even in the car for that pass.
    Another is 11.1 on a KB blower and 75 hit.
    Another one is 11.0 on some nitrous and upgraded pulley.

I have beaten several though. Had the pleasure of catching a modded one off guard once or twice.
    Don't think he expected me to slowly walk away from him seeing as he had a ported blower and all the regular stuff.

Great cars. Not exactly the best drag cars with the IRS, but very quick none-the-less.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I just raced my buddys 04 modded terminator. What I remember he has ported blower, 2.6" pulley, full exaust, headers, Drag Radials, short throw shifter, bigger throttle body, bigger intercooler, and thats all I remember. We raced about 4times 10mph roll, 20mph roll, and a dig. The results were all about the same he would jump about 1 1/2 cars ahead and stay there till about 130mph when we got off of it..I atribute this to the shifter, and the DR's....his throw is alot shorter than mine. a week later his half shafts broke and mine just broke this last Monday for the second time.....lol
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Pewter
    2000 z28

all serious drag racers should ditch the independent rear. its amazing how deep into the 10 people go with them.

one around here runs an 11.70 with a pulley swap, intake, and exhaust with the live axle. easier at the strip for sure.....

superchargedgto brought up a good point about the half shafts...is there a given tolerance or does it just depend on the harshness of the launch in regards to breaking them? i read about a cobra that was in full drag trim and ran low 9s high 8s but still retained the irs...yet broke both half shafts EVERY pass it made.

?

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Yes, but the IRS is so nice when you are in the twisties. Im am constantly pushing it harder and harder in the corners. It took a while to get used to the feel of IRS, but now I love it. And I can throttle real hard coming out of corners, its nice.

I have 0 problems launching the Cobra, and with level 5 half shaft upgrades, I hear you can laucnh hard with 900 horsepower and DRs all day long. There are alot of 9 sec Cobras with IRS out there.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I know for a fact there are several around the Denver area that will beat me.
    10.98 on just the blower...has nitrous but it didn't have the bottle even in the car for that pass.
    Another is 11.1 on a KB blower and 75 hit.
    Another one is 11.0 on some nitrous and upgraded pulley.

I have beaten several though. Had the pleasure of catching a modded one off guard once or twice.
    Don't think he expected me to slowly walk away from him seeing as he had a ported blower and all the regular stuff.

Great cars. Not exactly the best drag cars with the IRS, but very quick none-the-less.

What is your race weight Curtis? any more upgrades power wise? I think you can give a very good run to whipple / KB cobras at sea level.

are you planning to come to cordova this year? If so, Please PM me when so i can come over.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I personally would not trade in my irs for a solid rear end. My car is a fast d/d and I would miss the ride. You are right you just have to upgrade the half shafts and axel stubs to keep them from breaking.....my .02 worth
    Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 05-19-2007 at 03:01 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    What is your race weight Curtis? any more upgrades power wise? I think you can give a very good run to whipple / KB cobras at sea level.

are you planning to come to cordova this year? If so, Please PM me when so i can come over.
    With me the car is about 3750. I am no little guy though.
    No Cordova this year. Might be a while...with the baby it might take a year or two to get back and visit family AND have the car with me.

But I am running about even with KB Cobras here. Trap speeds are similiar and the ET's are close.

And no more power. 531 to the ground is enough.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    With me the car is about 3750. I am no little guy though.
    No Cordova this year. Might be a while...with the baby it might take a year or two to get back and visit family AND have the car with me.

But I am running about even with KB Cobras here. Trap speeds are similiar and the ET's are close.

And no more power. 531 to the ground is enough.
    Mr. Luos are you from IL? I grew up about 15 minutes away from Cordova! My dad used to race out there all of the time when I was young.
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information