Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Who's Terminated the Terminator?

This is a discussion on Who's Terminated the Terminator? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I don't want to see a blower fight I want to see a slobber knocker with who's got the best ...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I don't want to see a blower fight I want to see a slobber knocker with who's got the best setup no matter what it is. Preferably all motor.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well GM already has the better motors and we all know what happens when you put a blower on our motors not to mention what happens when you put one on a LS7, whos gonna win the power fight. I think we all know

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have beaten 2 so far. Just a matter of time, til I run into someone that can drive the car, or someone with crazy mods. 1 was stock, with my mods below in sig. At about 65mph, 3rd gear for me, don't know what he was in, I put about a fender at first then to 5th gear I had him by about a car or so. Second, I think the dude couldn't drive, he told me he had a different pulley, he had 1 girl in the car, I had 2 dudes with me. About 65 mph again (God bless 3rd gear at that speed in a F Body, fucker loves it) I put a fender and held just a fender length through the top of 4th. I don't like Ford, but I will give them credit, where credit is due. A fucking badass car. I would like to own one someday, but I don't think at the expense of my car.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    <ahem>
    NICE !

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    <ahem>
    I see em for 23 or 24 grand now with low miles (35000), with 25000 miles or less, you will still pay 25 or more.

Im thinking of selling mine, 18k miles, If I sell it, I will sell it for 23$ because my throw out bearing is making a sqeeking sound, probally means I need a clutch soon. Not sliping yet, even when I power shift, but Im sure someone will have to do a clutch soon, so I will be honest when I sell it. I may keep it, and drop a spec 3+ clutch in it? Dunno yet.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    I see em for 23 or 24 grand now with low miles (35000), with 25000 miles or less, you will still pay 25 or more.

Im thinking of selling mine, 18k miles, If I sell it, I will sell it for 23$ because my throw out bearing is making a sqeeking sound, probally means I need a clutch soon. Not sliping yet, even when I power shift, but Im sure someone will have to do a clutch soon, so I will be honest when I sell it. I may keep it, and drop a spec 3+ clutch in it? Dunno yet.
    keep it. theres no clear reason not to. a throw out bearing is a minor issue man. cobras are very fast and cheap to mod, you said it yourself countless times. so listen to....yourself!

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    keep it. theres no clear reason not to. a throw out bearing is a minor issue man. cobras are very fast and cheap to mod, you said it yourself countless times. so listen to....yourself!
    I agree, I think that this car is great, I still have not lost a single race, I just want to sell it and buy a Vette. I know it will be slower, I just want a Vette. Always have. I was shopping for a Vette when I bought this car. One test drive and I had to have the power. Now I think I need a change.

My dad has had alot of Vettes, so has my older brother, I love em. So I think I will sell my Termy and get a 02 Vert Vette, or an 02 ZO6. But Im not 100% sure yet. Right now I beat a 02 ZO6 by 2-3 cars, and a 02 regular Vette by around 4-5 cars. I know I will be sad to see it go, so Im struggling with the choice.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Why not just get an 02 z06 and a roots style supercharger then you can have like 500 rwhp easy.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Why not just get an 02 z06 and a roots style supercharger then you can have like 500 rwhp easy.
    nah to the roots idea. to difficult to fit in there.

preston, if you do infact sell and get a z06, will you modify it. i would love to see a torch red z06 with a nasty lope cruising down hwy 70...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Not on the corvette i saw one on a video at laguna seca raceway pulling on track built m3s and porsches belive me it aint that hard just need a higher hood like a cowl hood corvette engine bays are nothing like ours. It had that crazy whine tha cobras have.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Not on the corvette i saw one on a video at laguna seca raceway pulling on track built m3s and porsches belive me it aint that hard just need a higher hood like a cowl hood corvette engine bays are nothing like ours. It had that crazy whine tha cobras have.
    why spend the money on a new hood and an intake for a roots when you could just use a centrifugal and mount it to the engine?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

So you dont have to move anything around on the front of your block and because it looks cooler.

Pewter
    2000 z28

So you dont have to move anything around on the front of your block and because it looks cooler.
    ha ha! thats a good point! but if youre going for cool then nothing is sweeter than a pair of turbos mounted low in the engine bay!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Eh turbos are to temperamental, even if your motor is well built to take the psi eventually its gonna break something. i have had many friends have turbos on many cars i have one on my supra turbo=Headaches and lots of wrench time.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Eh turbos are to temperamental, even if your motor is well built to take the psi eventually its gonna break something. i have had many friends have turbos on many cars i have one on my supra turbo=Headaches and lots of wrench time.
    trust me i know....

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_SS View Post
    I agree you gotta give respect where it is due and I have to say that the Cobra is a freakin beast. Would I trade my F-body for it hell no...over my dead body, if I could afford a Cobra I would buy one but that would mean I will have to pass up the Zo6 or the Corvette SS which'll be out in 2 or so years which I don't see myself doing. I wonder if GM has anything in the works to compete with the Cobra besides the obvious Corvette. I do think GM will come out with a supercharger off the line one of these days. It'll be just like back in the day when the competition was Ci but now I think it'll be who's got the better blower. Can't wait.
    more displacement + blower = GM wins

cheating bastards!
    Last edited by drewhenderson13; 05-15-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: didnt make any sense without the quote

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I watch my cousin blow the head on his IS300 he dynoed at 550rwhp it was hilarious. Those cars have nice motors lol same engine as a supra in a family car ha.

Pewter
    2000 z28

I watch my cousin blow the head on his IS300 he dynoed at 550rwhp it was hilarious. Those cars have nice motors lol same engine as a supra in a family car ha.
    im turning japanese i think im turning japanese i really think so.......

take the chorus now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have that song in my car lol

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    nah to the roots idea. to difficult to fit in there.

preston, if you do infact sell and get a z06, will you modify it. i would love to see a torch red z06 with a nasty lope cruising down hwy 70...
    I will probally not mod it to much, Just your basic bolt ons. KNN, Full exhaust, tune, stuff like that. But no major mods like cam/heads.

But I might do a 200 shot of NOS. They take it just fine, I have read up on the LS6, it responds to N2O very well. That way Ill have a 400 rwhp car with the bolt ons, and a 550 rwhp car with the NOS. Only when I need it.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information