Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Who's Terminated the Terminator?

This is a discussion on Who's Terminated the Terminator? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by preston1980 +1 I dont like the new body style, and it still has not grown on me ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    +1
    I dont like the new body style, and it still has not grown on me like I thought it would. The Shelby Looks ok, much better than the GT. My favorite new style Mustangs are the Stage 3 Roushs. They look cool. And they are faster than the GT 500 with less Horsepower.
    the son of a bitch wont show up now. go to my earlier posts it should still be there. sorry for the inconvenience. i guess my sig wore out its welcome.....

its on post number 61....

Stangfreak91
    I'm a proud owner of A 2004 Terminator! Love the car and have always owned mustangs! I Remember getting handed often as I drove my 91 Mustang GT lighty modded by 93 Z-28's . So I say its a sign of the times. Was at the Speed Inc open house few weeks back, lots of bad ass LS1's in the house.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Stangfreak91 View Post
    I'm a proud owner of A 2004 Terminator! Love the car and have always owned mustangs! I Remember getting handed often as I drove my 91 Mustang GT lighty modded by 93 Z-28's . So I say its a sign of the times. Was at the Speed Inc open house few weeks back, lots of bad ass LS1's in the house.
    I had similar experiances in 1996 with my 89 5.0 stang. The LT1's would beat me, I had all the basic bolt ons and could only kinda keep up with the Z28 or the TA, so I traded in my Mustang for a 93 TA 6 speed, I loved it, with bolt ons and a chip (yes the 93 still used a chip), I could beat auto LS1 Vettes and stay with the 6 speeds. Then I got a 97 Ram Air and did the same bolt ons. Then I started running in to alot of LS1 F bodys, I could barley beat a stock one with my modded LT1, so I traded in my 97 for a 99 LS1 6 speed TA. That was my favorite car ever. My girlfriend liked it so much, she bought a 98 Auto TA. I drove the TA for years, then I got my ass handed to me by a 03 Cobra, So, I traded in my GM for another Ford. Back and forth I go.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Preston Friday night this guy my dad works with came up in his new ride. 03 Black Cobra vert, ported supercharger, 2.81 pulley, lowered, different heat exhanger (said cobra on it) said it was putting 550 to the wheels. Needless to say I went for a ride, half throttle I was about to shat myself. Those cars are F'in amazing. The supercharger whine was kind of annoying at first, then when it started to scream I really fell in love with it.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Preston Friday night this guy my dad works with came up in his new ride. 03 Black Cobra vert, ported supercharger, 2.81 pulley, lowered, different heat exhanger (said cobra on it) said it was putting 550 to the wheels. Needless to say I went for a ride, half throttle I was about to shat myself. Those cars are F'in amazing. The supercharger whine was kind of annoying at first, then when it started to scream I really fell in love with it.
    Sounds like a Beast, I want to be pushing 520 to the wheels, all I need is a Port, a differant pulley, and a re-tune. As far as the supercharger whine, I didnt like it at first, it sounded like a toy car, like riding in a Big Wheels when I was a kid. But now I am used to it, dont even notice it. Cant really say I like it, but it does sound cool when you come up on some and fly by them. People either think it is an abulance or a Jet. I have been in my wifes car when my friend flew by me in his yellow one, it sounded awesome.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Makes me want to live at home forever so I can buy one.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No car wants to make me live at home lol. Get out its soo much better.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Sounds like a Beast, I want to be pushing 520 to the wheels, all I need is a Port, a differant pulley, and a re-tune. As far as the supercharger whine, I didnt like it at first, it sounded like a toy car, like riding in a Big Wheels when I was a kid. But now I am used to it, dont even notice it. Cant really say I like it, but it does sound cool when you come up on some and fly by them. People either think it is an abulance or a Jet. I have been in my wifes car when my friend flew by me in his yellow one, it sounded awesome.
    I haven't heard to many superchargers but just a few. I've heard one in a Cobra and I've heard one in a GT. I wasn't a big fan and I was just happy that I recognized what I was hearing.

You guys ever heard of Need for Speed Most wanted? I've got the sickest vette on this game. Well the engine is built and on top of that I added a supercharger. The sound of that thing on that car made me fall in love with the sound of it over the turbocharger. I mean it sounds so good sucking all that air in and the roar of the engine at the same time. Its like the sound of the air going in and the roar of the engine are equal and it sounds so good.

Thats pretty much my reason for wanting a supercharger on my car right now.

Dark Shadow Gray
    2003 Ford Mustang Cobra

My 03

I have a 03 Cobra all the boltons ported blower etc, 505 rwhp and 520 torque and the engine is just as Ford built it. I have absolutely PUNISHED the 4.6 engine 60k miles not a whimper out of it. I have lost twice on the street both time when I was stock. Once against a WS6 with an intake and exhaust mods. He was alone I has 380 miles on the car, I also had 2 people with me approx 450 pounds extra weight. He got me about 1 car or so.
    2nd time a STOCK looking 5.0 wiped my A** from a 30 roll by about 7 lengths in second gear. Heres a hint if you see a little blue or red fuel pump at the back of a 5.0 be careful it could spell trouble.
    One thing is for sure the 03 04 cobra engine and the 5.0's are the best engines Ford ever built in my opinion.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    I had similar experiances in 1996 with my 89 5.0 stang. The LT1's would beat me, I had all the basic bolt ons and could only kinda keep up with the Z28 or the TA, so I traded in my Mustang for a 93 TA 6 speed, I loved it, with bolt ons and a chip (yes the 93 still used a chip), I could beat auto LS1 Vettes and stay with the 6 speeds. Then I got a 97 Ram Air and did the same bolt ons. Then I started running in to alot of LS1 F bodys, I could barley beat a stock one with my modded LT1, so I traded in my 97 for a 99 LS1 6 speed TA. That was my favorite car ever. My girlfriend liked it so much, she bought a 98 Auto TA. I drove the TA for years, then I got my ass handed to me by a 03 Cobra, So, I traded in my GM for another Ford. Back and forth I go.
    you seem to follow wherever the faster car goes,lol....im keepin my loyality to my lt1, however if it wasnt for the low low low miles and great condition and that i sank lil over 10gs into it...id have a termi,lol

How much are 03 cobras going for nowadays?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I'm lining up with one soon. I know I shouldn't have problems with stock ones now that I have full bolt ons 3500 stall and 4.10's (great combo from a roll sux big time from a dig). Hopefully with my cam supporting mods and the 150 shot I'll be battling some lightly modded ones as well.

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    I'm lining up with one soon. I know I shouldn't have problems with stock ones now that I have full bolt ons 3500 stall and 4.10's (great combo from a roll sux big time from a dig). Hopefully with my cam supporting mods and the 150 shot I'll be battling some lightly modded ones as well.
    how the fuck does a 3500 stall and 4.10s suck at a dig? especialy if ur juicing it!

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Here is some video from one of my runs with one-
    In car #1: http://video.ls1tech.com/video/2d412...19000d009b.htm

In car #2: http://video.ls1tech.com/video/72099...19000da4da.htm

Outside view: http://video.ls1tech.com/video/f68f1...190008b9e5.htm

They are quick cars.
    Last edited by Packy; 05-20-2007 at 06:03 AM.
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    how the fuck does a 3500 stall and 4.10s suck at a dig? especialy if ur juicing it!
    Street tires = gooey black marks on road and lots of tire smoke. Gotta hurry up and get some DR's or slicks.

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

i had that problem once b4...
    i used to have to launch at 2000 and id still blow the tires off
    then i got drs and i dumped it at 2000 to see what its do compared to b4... bogged the mother fucker down so low it was like launching in 5th.
    my weak ass motor wont break em loose on the street for anything!

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    +1 ford just cant keep up
    Id take that bet slowpoke!

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    How much are 03 cobras going for nowadays?
    <ahem>

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The 4.3l v6 in s-10s and GMC jimmys and blazers, now that one can take some damage. My friend owned a 98 Jimmy we put 70k of just punishment into that thing had the tranny replaced once the rear end 3 times, the supension was shot we even wired a leaf blower to the intake to act as a supercharger. How did we run the wires to the switch inside, by drilling though the floor boards, anyway you may laugh at the leaf blower but it was a GMC jimmy that could break the tires loose at the 30 roll. when the rear end would blow we would just put it in 2 wheel and have a front wheel drive Jimmy. He even got mad at some kid while we were racing and started rear ending his car, while me and my friend travis threw the old broken rear end gears out the window at the kids car. Good TIMES
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 05-14-2007 at 03:13 PM.

SSMOKIN_SS
    I agree you gotta give respect where it is due and I have to say that the Cobra is a freakin beast. Would I trade my F-body for it hell no...over my dead body, if I could afford a Cobra I would buy one but that would mean I will have to pass up the Zo6 or the Corvette SS which'll be out in 2 or so years which I don't see myself doing. But the article mentioned that any mod to the Cobra will respond great. Fuck yea it better respond gread there's a fucking supercharger under the hood. Thats the only reason the Cobra is what it is today. Strip that superchager off and that car will feel the same way a 13 year old boy would if someone dropped his pants in a classroom full of people. I wonder if GM has anything in the works to compete with the Cobra besides the obvious Corvette. I do think GM will come out with a supercharger off the line one of these days. It'll be just like back in the day when the competition was Ci but now I think it'll be who's got the better blower. Can't wait. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by SSMOKIN_SS; 05-15-2007 at 06:35 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information