Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 237

Who's Terminated the Terminator?

This is a discussion on Who's Terminated the Terminator? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by GT Griller Agreed except that i got that issue of MM&FF's and the cobra ran a 12.79 ...

  1. #61
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by GT Griller View Post
    Agreed except that i got that issue of MM&FF's and the cobra ran a 12.79 @ 106.39MPH and the SS went 13.252 @ 106.42MPH......He missed 4th in the cobra and still made the 12.79 he claimed it had a 12.60 in it had he not missed.
    That issue you are refering to is a comparison to the yellow SS. It was done with a massive head wind. A couple issues earlier, MMFF got the Cobra to a 12.43 at 113 mph, You can probally find the article on the net, Take at look at this link, http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...500/index.html

    It mentions the stock Terminator going 12.4 bone stock.
    Last edited by preston1980; 04-29-2007 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Why do I need a reason? Its my post. Ill edit if I fell like it. Just kidding, I misspelled something.

  2. #62
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    That issue you are refering to is a coparison to the yellow SS. It was done with a massive head wind. A couple issues earlier, MMFF got the Cobra to a 12.43 at 113 mph, You can probally find the article on the net, Take at look at this link, http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...500/index.html

    It mentions the stock Terminator going 12.4 bone stock.
    preston, you did do a pulley swap right? what are your mods. do you still have the independent rear?

    also, please click the link in my sig if youre at all interested...
    oh great intentions, ive got the best of interventions...

    Missouri and Central IL members come in!!!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f26/missouri-muscle-central-il-come-48861/

  3. #63
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    preston, you did do a pulley swap right? what are your mods. do you still have the independent rear?

    also, please click the link in my sig if youre at all interested...
    The IRS is stock. I do have a pulley swap done to my car, It has a 2.8 (14 psi) pulley on it. I didnt do any work to it, it had it all done by the previous owner, Im the second owner at 11k miles. It also has a catless X pipe and Flowmaster catback exhaust. A Knn filter and a Preditor tune. Just those few things puts it at 457 Rear Horse. I love it.

    Next will be a stage IV port for the Eaton, and a set of DR's. I will be happy with 520 RWHP, I think the Port and a retune will do that. I should be able to run high 10's then, right now I know I can do 11's (havent been to the track yet) probally a 11.3 or so with DR's, an 11.7 with the Street tires. Those are my guestiments. The only proof I have of a ET is my Gtech SS meter, it says I can do a 0-60 in 4.3 and a qaurter mile in 11.7. I dont know how acurate they are. I do know it really helped me improve my launching skills. I have learned not to redline in first gear, to shift to second at 5500 or so, and my times went way down. I keep trying to beat my scores. It seems like I set a new best every couple of months. Practice makes perfect.

    All my money is tied up right now, saving for a down payment for a house. Maybe later I will get the Whipple, My friend runs a KB and it makes 592 to the wheels, He is rebuilding it right now, new heads/cams and a bigger KB, He will be pushing over 700 to the wheels. He will be running low 9's soon. He owns a shop (Injected Racing) though and gets hella discounts and free labor. I am a poor man, with a Rich mans taste. Is there any other kind? LOL

  4. #64
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    The IRS is stock. I do have a pulley swap done to my car, It has a 2.8 (14 psi) pulley on it. I didnt do any work to it, it had it all done by the previous owner, Im the second owner at 11k miles. It also has a catless X pipe and Flowmaster catback exhaust. A Knn filter and a Preditor tune. Just those few things puts it at 457 Rear Horse. I love it.

    Next will be a stage IV port for the Eaton, and a set of DR's. I will be happy with 520 RWHP, I think the Port and a retune will do that. I should be able to run high 10's then, right now I know I can do 11's (havent been to the track yet) probally a 11.3 or so with DR's, an 11.7 with the Street tires. Those are my guestiments. The only proof I have of a ET is my Gtech SS meter, it says I can do a 0-60 in 4.3 and a qaurter mile in 11.7. I dont know how acurate they are. I do know it really helped me improve my launching skills. I have learned not to redline in first gear, to shift to second at 5500 or so, and my times went way down. I keep trying to beat my scores. It seems like I set a new best every couple of months. Practice makes perfect.

    All my money is tied up right now, saving for a down payment for a house. Maybe later I will get the Whipple, My friend runs a KB and it makes 592 to the wheels, He is rebuilding it right now, new heads/cams and a bigger KB, He will be pushing over 700 to the wheels. He will be running low 9's soon. He owns a shop (Injected Racing) though and gets hella discounts and free labor. I am a poor man, with a Rich mans taste. Is there any other kind? LOL
    i dont know how to respnd to all this.....WOW.

    hopefully i will get to see this beast in person....

  5. #65
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by C6 Z06 View Post
    Sounds about right on the #'s. My modded C6 Z is just over 500RWHP and I have a few friends with Cobras in the 630 RWHP and they are always good runs. Very close.

    I will get an SS if I can get my hands on one, but I am also suppose to get a GT500 this summer. My 2007 C6 Z06 will be modded soon to the 500 RWHP range and used as a daily driver. The 2006 C6 Z06 will get a full cage and maybe a turbo setup to become my track car mainly. I have one other reg C6 auto(lightly modded) that I bought for my wife so she would keep her paws off my Z's.

    You may have trouble finding guys to run in the Z's. Most guys that buy them are trying to buy that last chance at youth in life and can't drive for shit. If they do run, as I said, they can't drive and don't know how to use their ride to it's potential. If you find an owner like myself you're in luck. I bought the things to run, win or lose, and not to polish the car or my ego!! Later dude.
    This guy must be a GD millionaire...

  6. #66
    Member william SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    192

    Black
    2001 camaro SS

    Im one post below this one. I messed up and didnt know how to delete it so i have 2 posts showing instead of just one.
    Last edited by william SS; 04-30-2007 at 06:11 AM.

  7. #67
    Member william SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    192

    Black
    2001 camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    I still haven't had the chance to run one, however here are a few of the stats: 0-60 is around 4.5 - 4.9 ish. Quarter mile times are in the range of 12.8 - 13.1 at around 107 - 110 mph. Keep in mind, this is for a bone stock car. The Terminators are very cheap to mod and are VERY responsive (ie. pulley swap). It wouldn't take much more than a pulley swap and a full exhaust to put up considerably more impressive numbers!!

    Let's assume for a moment that you're looking to run a bone stock Terminator....It's going to take roughly 360 - 390 RWHP (depending on the rest of your setup) to get our SS down the track at those times.
    Im not so sure about that. Cus im runing 12.8 right now with only 316 rwhp with an automatic. thats nowhere near the hp ratings you'r talking about.

  8. #68
    Stock For Life Arrison24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeast Pennsylvania
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

    well i didnt feel like reading all of these i just wanted to put this out here ... one of my friends older brother has a black i believe its '03 cobra with tons of mods [im not sure of all of them] puttin out over 700 rwhp and the things sounds godlike

  9. #69
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lubbock
    Age
    33
    Posts
    47

    Black
    00 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    That issue you are refering to is a comparison to the yellow SS. It was done with a massive head wind. A couple issues earlier, MMFF got the Cobra to a 12.43 at 113 mph, You can probally find the article on the net, Take at look at this link, http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...500/index.html

    It mentions the stock Terminator going 12.4 bone stock.
    I know this is beating a dead horse man but i got the issure right in front of me...blue terminator and 35th anniversary SS....Does mention that the cobra ran a 12.67 a month before....and yes there was a crazy head wind when they did the test.

  10. #70
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by GT Griller View Post
    I know this is beating a dead horse man but i got the issure right in front of me...blue terminator and 35th anniversary SS....Does mention that the cobra ran a 12.67 a month before....and yes there was a crazy head wind when they did the test.
    There is still life in the horse, so i say Beat it. Did you click the link in my prev. thread? I also have read that article, it is a great article.
    Alot of times a magazine will do more than one article (I know it sounds crazy) on the same kind of car. I think MMFF has done around a million on the 03/04 Cobra. I said it wasnt that issue, it was an earlier issue. Once again, not the Pony Car Death Match issue you are speaking of. Just not sure what month it was, but MMFF got a 03 Cobra to a 12.4 at 113 mph.

    Here is an outtake from the link:
    The snake's MSRP was up there at $34,000-plus, but the improvements impressed the masses enough to justify the cost. Performance that was unheard of with bolt-ons was just a few mods and less than $2,000 away. MM&FF modified one of the first Terminators, which ultimately ran 11.68 with just a small drive pulley, a K&N filter, the front antiroll bar removed, and M/T tires. Bone-stock it ran 12.43 at 113 mph! Owners have gone 9s since, some with mostly stock engines.................

    Here is the link again:
    http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...500/index.html

  11. #71
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Here is another article that mentions that MMFF has done a 12.4 at 113 mph. http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...eme/index.html

    It is almost all the way down the first page it says:

    "Test driver Evan Smith slipped the clutch while feeding the throttle and got off with a very clean 1.902 60-foot. He found all four gears en route to a blistering 12.195 at 114.71 mph. That is far superior to our best-ever 12.43/113 in a stock '03 Cobra."

    Ok now Im beating a dead horse.

  12. #72
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post

    Ok now Im beating a dead horse.
    not to beat a dead horse either, but, LINK IN SIG!

  13. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lubbock
    Age
    33
    Posts
    47

    Black
    00 Z28

    Naw man i didnt click on the link....i figured i had the magazine infront of me so no need...lol....im not denying it did 12.4 just thought that u and i were thinking of the same issue, in which it ran the 12.79 but obviously we are not....The terminators are bad mother truckers!!! Only mustang i would actually pay for.
    Patriot 226 cam, Comp 918's, Ti retainers, TSP pushrods, Vig 3600 stall, Precision 4L60E, Richmond 3.73's,Pacesetter LT's, 2.5in TD's w/ H-pipe & 1-chamber flowmasters, TSP lid, K&N filter

    I got chrome GM zr1's forsale!!!

  14. #74
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by GT Griller View Post
    Naw man i didnt click on the link....i figured i had the magazine infront of me so no need...lol....im not denying it did 12.4 just thought that u and i were thinking of the same issue, in which it ran the 12.79 but obviously we are not....The terminators are bad mother truckers!!! Only mustang i would actually pay for.
    sorry, i should have specified. i was talikg to Preston, and i meant the link to the mid west regional forum. we're both from missouri....

    sorry for the confusion.

  15. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lubbock
    Age
    33
    Posts
    47

    Black
    00 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    sorry, i should have specified. i was talikg to Preston, and i meant the link to the mid west regional forum. we're both from missouri....

    sorry for the confusion.
    lol...sorry for the confusion too man but he asked me if i had clicked on the link he posted aswell....lol....damn this thread!!!!

  16. #76
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    i dont remember where i saw it but it was a top of the line model Shelby vs. a C6 vette. and not the Z06. and the vette still beat the Shelby in every way
    ford likes to compare the shelby to the vett but their fucking retarded... the cars arent in the same class at all.

    but remember... i like mustangs

    the shelby is pretty fast but i dont like the new mustangs too much

  17. #77
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    sorry, i should have specified. i was talikg to Preston, and i meant the link to the mid west regional forum. we're both from missouri....

    sorry for the confusion.
    I see no link in your sig. Please repost this link and I will click it, Ill click it real good.

  18. #78
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    ford likes to compare the shelby to the vette but the cars arent in the same class at all.

    the shelby is pretty fast but i dont like the new mustangs too much
    +1
    I dont like the new body style, and it still has not grown on me like I thought it would. The Shelby Looks ok, much better than the GT. My favorite new style Mustangs are the Stage 3 Roushs. They look cool. And they are faster than the GT 500 with less Horsepower.

  19. #79
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    i think they look alright... but 5.4 is a piece of shit, and i hate drive-by-wire.

    i did however love the concept car mustang when it was 2 seater and had the old cougar-like tailights and through bumper exhaust.

    my favorite mustangs are the 03-04 mach 1... they look bad ass and the engines are capable of a shit load of power

  20. #80
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    i cant read this thread because of prestons avatar

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My new terminator
    By natews6 in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
  2. I got TERMINATED
    By 346ci in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
  3. Former Terminator owners, which handles better LS1 or Terminator?
    By Musclefan21 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
  4. Who's Terminated the Terminator (part 2)?
    By preston1980 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 11:44 AM
  5. Terminated...
    By sharptransam in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 12:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •