Page 1 of 12 12345 ... LastLast

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up Who's Terminated the Terminator?

If you have then you're a Jedi and I'm the apprentice. I know I'm not modded enough right now... at least I don't think so and I've never had the pleasure of running with one. What more would I need to do to get to where I'm going?

by the way leave your story here.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    If you have then you're a Jedi and I'm the apprentice. What more would I need to do to get to where I'm going?
    Well a supercharger would help alot. If you cant afford that, then try some NOS, alot of it. Unless you try running a modded Termy, then you will need both for mentioned products. Nice talk, see ya out there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I still haven't had the chance to run one, however here are a few of the stats: 0-60 is around 4.5 - 4.9 ish. Quarter mile times are in the range of 12.8 - 13.1 at around 107 - 110 mph. Keep in mind, this is for a bone stock car. The Terminators are very cheap to mod and are VERY responsive (ie. pulley swap). It wouldn't take much more than a pulley swap and a full exhaust to put up considerably more impressive numbers!!

Let's assume for a moment that you're looking to run a bone stock Terminator....It's going to take roughly 360 - 390 RWHP (depending on the rest of your setup) to get our SS down the track at those times.

Personally, I would like my car to at least run with a stock one, so here's my planned list of mods to do the trick:

All of my mods below (full exhaust, 3.90 rear, ported TB, K&N FIPK, suspension upgrades, custom tune, etc.), drag radials for traction off of the line and a cam swap.

Of course, there is a much easier (and potentially more cost effective) way to get there.....150 shot of the go juice!

After having said all of that, it's funny how we always talk about how severly modded the poor pre-05 Mustang GT owners would have to be to even stay close to an LS1, however Ford got a little sweet revenge with the 03 and 04 Cobras! Personally, I would love to have one, I'd just have to get rid of the IRS!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yeah, they had to add a SC just to keep up with a car that was already a year out of production! and just for clarification.. it wouldn't take all that much for an a4 car to run with a stock cobra... if 12.8-13.1 is the norm.. I'm running 12.1 with the mods in the sig...
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I ran one (redfire 03, satin wheels) with a 2.73 pulley and exhaust on the highway and was side by side from 80 to 140 three times. Now that was the loudest, wickedest sounding Cobra I ever ran across. GD thing sounded like it had a 460 cu big block in it.

Then I ran one (black 04, chrome wheels) with a Steigmeyer ported Eaton at an 1/8 track. Apparently when he went into third his clutch slipped badly, but the guy said I had him beat before he slammed it into third and his clutch decided to go the way of the Dodo. (I could smell his clutch when we talked at the end of the track)

Both of these runs were full body weight, cammed with full bolt-ons, and 4.10's. I was putting 372/368 to the ground at the time.

But yeah, that 2.73 pullied 03 would have handed me my ass without the cam upgrade. I needed every one of those ponies to keep up.
    Last edited by Roastem; 04-26-2007 at 02:05 PM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

I raced one on the bridge and I beat it. The guy was kinda amazed and asked what I had. It was from a roll, so I dont know how he fucked up. Only answer would be slow, low shifting.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I beat one and he was spraying, and i have just bolt ons.

Maybe its just cause im an amazing driver maybe its because his engine started smoking 5 seconds into the NOS spray lol. Looked liek he lost all power cause he was pulling me hard then i flew by him as i went through smoke.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Well a supercharger would help alot. If you cant afford that, then try some NOS, alot of it. Unless you try running a modded Termy, then you will need both for mentioned products. Nice talk, see ya out there.
    don't get cocky buddy, underestimating is always the biggest mistake I'm not exactly stock either. I've heard that I've got enough mods to get into the 12s without much trouble. I've got pace lts, ory, mti lid, kn filter, 335cme catback, wires, and a 6spd...

I've got a little bit going the best I hear of a 03-04 cobra is 12.6 in the 1320. That's ONLY if driven perfectly. I hear the SSs with 6spds get 12.9-12.8 ONLY if driven perfectly. Most with the SSs from what I see get about 13.3-13.2 or so. I don't really look at cobras but I'm guessin they usually get aroud 13 flat.

I'd run you if you were stock! The advantage is in your court, but I'd still consider it a drivers race with what I've got.

If I had a supercharger, face it... I'd you!
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 04-26-2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: correction

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    don't get cocky buddy, underestimating is always the biggest mistake I'm not exactly stock either. I've heard that I've got enough mods to get into the 12s without much trouble. I've got pace lts, ory, mti lid, kn filter, 335cme catback, wires, and a 6spd...

I've got a little bit going the best I hear of a 03-04 cobra is 12.6 in the 1320. That's ONLY if driven perfectly. I hear the SSs with 6spds get 12.9-12.8 ONLY if driven perfectly. Most with the SSs from what I see get about 13.3-13.2 or so. I don't really look at cobras but I'm guessin they usually get aroud 13 flat.

I'd run you if you were stock! The advantage is in your court, but I'd still consider it a drivers race with what I've got.
    Too bad Im not stock. And by the way a stock SS is hard pressed to get into the 12's, a Termy will run a 12 every time, But from a 20 or 30 roll its a whole diiferant story, a termy will walk away from a stock SS from a roll. The 60 foot times in the quarter mile of a termy sucks, thats why they only run a mid to high 12, with 1 mod (drag radials) a Termy will run a 12.3-12.5 every time. 1 mod. Go to 4 mods (DR's, Pulley, KNN, tune) and it will run a low to mid 11 sec qaurter, I love it.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

been on both sides of it with a friend of mine and his 04 cobra. i beat him to 11.99 and he beat me to 11.50. so far, he's 11.23 and i'm 11.26
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Yeah, they had to add a SC just to keep up with a car that was already a year out of production! and just for clarification.. it wouldn't take all that much for an a4 car to run with a stock cobra... if 12.8-13.1 is the norm.. I'm running 12.1 with the mods in the sig...
    +1 ford just cant keep up

95 TA A4, Black on Black C5 Z06 wheels, CAI, 160 powerstat, TB coolent bypass, TB foil, LT4 Knock Sensor, STB, SFC, Poly trans and torque arm mounts, flowmaster muffler, gutted cat, and hypertech tuned.
    http://www.fquick.com/SexyTransAm

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yeah, look at their top of the line model Shelby... When the Camaro comes out, that thing will be extinct...

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

i dont remember where i saw it but it was a top of the line model Shelby vs. a C6 vette. and not the Z06. and the vette still beat the Shelby in every way

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

I raced one at the track. I'm almost full bolt ons... just missing LS6 intake, EWP and a pulley. I ran 12.7 and the bra' ran mid to high 11s I think.

Here is the video at Ennis, TX.
    http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=1788

BTW, I was on street tires.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    +1 ford just cant keep up
    Run what you brung and dont whine about power adders.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    i dont remember where i saw it but it was a top of the line model Shelby vs. a C6 vette. and not the Z06. and the vette still beat the Shelby in every way
    Motor trend, I think, grate article, the GT 500 is a 4000 pound tank with no traction, some times Im ashamed my car is related to them. Although MMFF got a new GT 500 to a 12.4 with adjusting tire pressure and launching at lower RPMs. Still the C6 is just abetter car than the Gt 500 and My car for that matter. I love them, even though I can beat em, I would trade my Termy for a 05 C6 right now.

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

[QUOTE=preston1980;732464]-1
    Run what you brung and dont whine about power adders. [/QUOTE
    im just tellin it how it is. and i dont whine

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    been on both sides of it with a friend of mine and his 04 cobra. i beat him to 11.99 and he beat me to 11.50. so far, he's 11.23 and i'm 11.26
    How do I get a moving Avater, I loaded one, but it didnt move when I was done, Do they work now or is it just a Moderator perk?

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

[quote=SexyTransAm;732473]
    Run what you brung and dont whine about power adders. [/QUOTE
    im just tellin it how it is. and i dont whine
    Not you specificaly, all people, are always saying the classic line of: Ford had to add a charger to keep up with the LS1. I think that comparison is the same as the ricers saying: I have 4 cylinders, you have to have 8 cylinders to win. I just dont care how you make your car fast, just as long as it is. Much love my friend.

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

I would trade my Termy for a 05 C6 right now.
    thats what i like to hear!

Page 1 of 12 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information