Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 237

Who's Terminated the Terminator?

This is a discussion on Who's Terminated the Terminator? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by preston1980 Im in Springfield, By Branson. If you make it down this way, check out the Rogersville ...

  1. #41
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Im in Springfield, By Branson. If you make it down this way, check out the Rogersville track (20 min away, up 60 highway), its pretty cool, some great cars there, but its nothing compared to some of the tracks in major cities. Or you can just drive down Battlefield Road, youll find a race or two. If your here on a Sunday, The Steak n Shakes are always having Huge car shows, like 100's of cars, especialy the one on Glenstone Street.
    dammit I hear branson is far away, I'm already traveling like 6 1/2 hrs to get home hahaha... That would probably be another 3-5hrs. That part of missouri sounds cool already. I never found a cool part besides one, like the whole 18yrs I lived there. So far 10ac is my fav state overall. I always hear nice things about branson though. One day I may roll through

  2. #42
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    2 of my verygood friends have terminators, i grew up with them since i was a kid. One has the complete bolt ons, suspension stuff and a whipple blower. He made just shy of 620 to the wheels. (618 to be exact) The other has a an intake, exhaust, and a stiegemeier VI w/ pulleys. Made 493 at the wheels. U can c how insanley these things respond to mods. To make that kinda power with an LS1 ull need full bolt ons and a big H/C. Even then ur not getting anywhere near 618 w/o NOS.

    Iv never ran one. I played with my friend on the road a few times and, well basically he handed me my ass on a silver platter.

  3. #43
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    2 of my verygood friends have terminators, i grew up with them since i was a kid. One has the complete bolt ons, suspension stuff and a whipple blower. He made just shy of 620 to the wheels. (618 to be exact) The other has a an intake, exhaust, and a stiegemeier VI w/ pulleys. Made 493 at the wheels. U can c how insanley these things respond to mods. To make that kinda power with an LS1 ull need full bolt ons and a big H/C. Even then ur not getting anywhere near 618 w/o NOS.

    Iv never ran one. I played with my friend on the road a few times and, well basically he handed me my ass on a silver platter.
    There is a stage VI Stegemeier? I want it. Last time I looked it up they were only to stage IV for the termys, but I heard about a stage V coming soon, I guess they just went right for the VI. That is going to be one of my next mods (within 1 year) to mine, its pretty cheap, they charge like 500 to port it, and 500 to take it off and put it back on. 1000$ gets you like 50 rear wheel horse. And they do a before and after dyno, Not to bad.

  4. #44
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    o shit, i meant IV. Sry man i hada typo.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    36

    black/blue/red
    2007 C6Z/2006 C6Z/2006 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Well a supercharger would help alot. If you cant afford that, then try some NOS, alot of it. Unless you try running a modded Termy, then you will need both for mentioned products. Nice talk, see ya out there.
    Just NA here and I never seem to have trouble with stock or modded Cobras!! Nice avatar by the way.

  6. #46
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by C6 Z06 View Post
    Just NA here and I never seem to have trouble with stock or modded Cobras!! Nice avatar by the way.
    go race a modded 03-04 cobra...its pretty much on top of the food chain..besides (c6 zo-6)
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

  7. #47
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,845

    All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

    Well... since by his info he has a c6 z06.... he would know..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    36

    black/blue/red
    2007 C6Z/2006 C6Z/2006 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Well... since by his info he has a c6 z06.... he would know..
    LOL yes and it's modded(headers/tune) so I guess that's not fair to the Cobra. It's still fun though.

  9. #49
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by C6 Z06 View Post
    LOL yes and it's modded(headers/tune) so I guess that's not fair to the Cobra. It's still fun though.
    Ha Ha, funny. No much respect to the All mighty ZO6, I have yet to race one, because I have only seen 2 around here and cant ever catch one going my way. But I have seen many Internet Termys try to run the Z, It seems like a stock ZO6 will beat a Cobra unless the Cobra has 550 (Or more) Rear wheel horsepower, if not, they lose. I only have 457 RWHP, but I would still love to try. I wouldnt expect to win, but it would be fun. I do know a regular C6 isnt a problem for me. Now your mods on your Z, Im sure I would need 600 RWHP to keep up. But remeber I only spent 26 grand, how much did you spend?

    And by the way, If I could afford it, A Z would be in my garage. It must be nice to be asked a question about your Corvette and your answer is "Which one" Much respect my brother.

    Are you going to trade in your Z for the new 650 horse Supercharged Corvette SS/Blue Devil? Im sure they are gonna be EXPENSIVE as HELL

    One more thing, I make more power than a ZO6 right now, I just weigh around 500 pounds heavier. Darn back seat and Iron block.
    Not making excuses, just stating a fact that pisses me off, My car is Chubby.
    Last edited by preston1980; 04-27-2007 at 07:49 PM.

  10. #50
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    i am still pissed off about losing

  11. #51
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    i am still pissed off about losing
    Did you lose to a Cobra or a ZO6?

  12. #52
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Did you lose to a Cobra or a ZO6?
    cobra , frigin car sounded wicked...he wasnt going to race but i kept on till he did .....i knew what would happen but raced eveything else i come up on

  13. #53
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,845

    All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

    SO I guess you got what you wanted..... now either learn and don't do it again... or spend some money and race him again.

  14. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    36

    black/blue/red
    2007 C6Z/2006 C6Z/2006 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Ha Ha, funny. No much respect to the All mighty ZO6, I have yet to race one, because I have only seen 2 around here and cant ever catch one going my way. But I have seen many Internet Termys try to run the Z, It seems like a stock ZO6 will beat a Cobra unless the Cobra has 550 (Or more) Rear wheel horsepower, if not, they lose. I only have 457 RWHP, but I would still love to try. I wouldnt expect to win, but it would be fun. I do know a regular C6 isnt a problem for me. Now your mods on your Z, Im sure I would need 600 RWHP to keep up. But remeber I only spent 26 grand, how much did you spend?

    And by the way, If I could afford it, A Z would be in my garage. It must be nice to be asked a question about your Corvette and your answer is "Which one" Much respect my brother.

    Are you going to trade in your Z for the new 650 horse Supercharged Corvette SS/Blue Devil? Im sure they are gonna be EXPENSIVE as HELL

    One more thing, I make more power than a ZO6 right now, I just weigh around 500 pounds heavier. Darn back seat and Iron block.
    Not making excuses, just stating a fact that pisses me off, My car is Chubby.
    Sounds about right on the #'s. My modded C6 Z is just over 500RWHP and I have a few friends with Cobras in the 630 RWHP and they are always good runs. Very close.

    I will get an SS if I can get my hands on one, but I am also suppose to get a GT500 this summer. My 2007 C6 Z06 will be modded soon to the 500 RWHP range and used as a daily driver. The 2006 C6 Z06 will get a full cage and maybe a turbo setup to become my track car mainly. I have one other reg C6 auto(lightly modded) that I bought for my wife so she would keep her paws off my Z's.

    You may have trouble finding guys to run in the Z's. Most guys that buy them are trying to buy that last chance at youth in life and can't drive for shit. If they do run, as I said, they can't drive and don't know how to use their ride to it's potential. If you find an owner like myself you're in luck. I bought the things to run, win or lose, and not to polish the car or my ego!! Later dude.

  15. #55
    Member Mach1Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    203

    Blue
    04 Mach 1

    the new shelbys coming out are going to be 7xx hp.
    anyway, when i get my car back i want to race a new zo6 and a whipple cobra.

  16. #56
    Member Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    197

    silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

    STS twin turbo ! just throwing that out since I don't think anyones mentioned it yet

  17. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lubbock
    Age
    33
    Posts
    47

    Black
    00 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Yeah, they had to add a SC just to keep up with a car that was already a year out of production! and just for clarification.. it wouldn't take all that much for an a4 car to run with a stock cobra... if 12.8-13.1 is the norm.. I'm running 12.1 with the mods in the sig...
    Yea but it seems that u are closer to sea level.......Being that ur cars are on a an even playing field.....A S/C car can compensate for most of the elevation changed and an NA car cant.....So say u run and beat that cobra down there with just boltons, travel to a higher elevation with the same mods and race cobra again the results will be different as his car will still perform the same and urs wont....So saying that a bolt-on LS1 will take a cobra is a lil biased and not 100% true depending on conidtions....


    I raced my buddies on 12 pounds of boost and took him pretty nasty but i was on DR's and he was on street tires....had he been on some DR's aswell it woulda been a hell of a race cause he didnt pull till the top of my third gear.

  18. #58
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Bottom line is: A stock 03/04 Cobra will beat a Stock 01/02 Ram Air or SS. They are at least 4/10ths sec faster in the Qaurter on average. Also will beat a stock 97-04 Vette by more like 3/10ths on average. Like it or not that is the truth.

    That is from a dig, from a roll, they beat em even worse. Some DR's on all the cars compared, the comparison will change alot. Then the Cobras will win by half second or more. A simple set of DR's will put a Termy to a very low 12 sec qaurter, mid 12 even if you suck at launching/shifting. DR's on a Vette or SS only gets you to mid to high 12 if you can launch/shift well.

    Ill say it once again, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords got the stock 03 Termy to a 12.4 with the stock Goodyear STREET tires by only lowering the tire pressure. Thats impressive. They also got a SS to a 12.9 with the same trick. And the Vette is not much faster than the SS. Maybe 1-2 tenths.

  19. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lubbock
    Age
    33
    Posts
    47

    Black
    00 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Bottom line is: A stock 03/04 Cobra will beat a Stock 01/02 Ram Air or SS. They are at least 4/10ths sec faster in the Qaurter on average. Also will beat a stock 97-04 Vette by more like 3/10ths on average. Like it or not that is the truth.

    That is from a dig, from a roll, they beat em even worse. Some DR's on all the cars compared, the comparison will change alot. Then the Cobras will win by half second or more. A simple set of DR's will put a Termy to a very low 12 sec qaurter, mid 12 even if you suck at launching/shifting. DR's on a Vette or SS only gets you to mid to high 12 if you can launch/shift well.

    Ill say it once again, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords got the stock 03 Termy to a 12.4 with the stock Goodyear STREET tires by only lowering the tire pressure. Thats impressive. They also got a SS to a 12.9 with the same trick. And the Vette is not much faster than the SS. Maybe 1-2 tenths.

    Agreed except that i got that issue of MM&FF's and the cobra ran a 12.79 @ 106.39MPH and the SS went 13.252 @ 106.42MPH......He missed 4th in the cobra and still made the 12.79 he claimed it had a 12.60 in it had he not missed.

  20. #60
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    I was messing around w/ one today, not sure on the year. From a dead stop...we were pretty even...I was gaining as he switched gears but he came back till we had to stop. then we went from a 40mph roll...and he had a little jump on me but I hung in there right with him till I had to stop for traffic. I asked what he ran out the track...but I didn't hear what he said. He had 2 other people in his car...and I was alone which gave me some advantage. But non the less it was a good race.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My new terminator
    By natews6 in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
  2. I got TERMINATED
    By 346ci in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
  3. Former Terminator owners, which handles better LS1 or Terminator?
    By Musclefan21 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
  4. Who's Terminated the Terminator (part 2)?
    By preston1980 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 11:44 AM
  5. Terminated...
    By sharptransam in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 12:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •