Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Who's Terminated the Terminator?

This is a discussion on Who's Terminated the Terminator? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; The people that say Ford had to put an SC on to keep up with the LS1 cars crack me ...

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

The people that say Ford had to put an SC on to keep up with the LS1 cars crack me up. You have forced induction jealousy, get over it, the Terminator is an awsome car.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    The people that say Ford had to put an SC on to keep up with the LS1 cars crack me up. You have forced induction jealousy, get over it, the Terminator is an awsome car.
    ^
    well said.

and i just have to say, im all for GM loyalty, but there is a fine line between loyalty and stupidity. why dont some of you just fess up to the fact that you would take a cobra if you had the chance? they are amazing cars no matter how you slice it. low 12s with drag radials??? shoot, thats a dream come true for any honest car lover.

and think about it, why would Ford, in 2003 mind you, give a crap what the f bodies were doing? they were already outselling GM with the stangs, and the terminator has been a confirmed vette hunter. so in actuality, i highly doubt their mindset was, "well we cant keep up with the f bodies so we're gonna send this to svt and supercharge it". come on. you make em sound like whining nancies, and what did they have to whine about, they were selling the stangs like hotcakes (still not sure why). lets be alittle bit smarter in our reasoning here guys. some of this is starting to sound ricer....

if you want a shot at the cobra, mod your car and go hunting. full bolt ons, a cam, and a decent tune should leave you around 420 hp (depending upon a variety of things).

quit bitching and race....it aint gonna kill ya.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

I beat a black one once. An orange one beat my firehawk back before I did the heads and cam. I really love those cars. And no matter how much we talk up our LS1's taking to mods which one do you think costs less when you can add a pulley and a tune and enjoy the gains they get. For anyone that is thinking the spray route they can do that too. Don't get me wrong I love my LS1's but you have to give credit where it is due sometimes. And by Ford giving it a forged motor from the factory those things get a bit of a leg up on us. Most important thing to remember is that someone is always faster. Can you say TT Vette or Viper? I can type it but saying the words would cost too much. LOL

Blue
    99 Z28

My neighbor has a black 04 with aftermarket procharger and full bolt-ons. He and I left for work at the same time one day and went at it on the highway. (All I had at the time was Magnaflow cat-back). Needless to say, he destroyed me, but it was fun. I'm very impressed with those cars.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cavpat View Post
    My neighbor has a black 04 with aftermarket procharger and full bolt-ons. He and I left for work at the same time one day and went at it on the highway. (All I had at the time was Magnaflow cat-back). Needless to say, he destroyed me, but it was fun. I'm very impressed with those cars.

Damn dude, that thing was prolly putting 700 to the wheels. You had no chance, head/cam/nitrous, still no chance. That thing would prolly run mid 10's.

You guys see in car and driver where the new Ferrari 599 GTB ran an 11.2 at 131 mph! That thing will prolly smoke a C6 Z06.
    Last edited by Roastem; 04-27-2007 at 09:12 AM.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    How do I get a moving Avater, I loaded one, but it didnt move when I was done, Do they work now or is it just a Moderator perk?
    it's one in the list of avatars. here's the requirements:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

so long as it meets those requirements, it should work.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

If I have moolah, I'd own LS1 and a 4V KB Cobra.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    my hats off to the termi, and im a diehard gm fan..i give credit where credit is due..i love lt and ls engines...but im sorry, 03-04 cobras have the most respect than any other car..to have a reliable car for 1k of mods and have you in the 11's all day long...its just amazing
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Not you specificaly, all people, are always saying the classic line of: Ford had to add a charger to keep up with the LS1. I think that comparison is the same as the ricers saying: I have 4 cylinders, you have to have 8 cylinders to win. I just dont care how you make your car fast, just as long as it is. Much love my friend.
    I will be in Missouri next week, how far are you from Cape Giradeau?(sp giradeau) I'm originally about 90miles south of there. I'll be home Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

You guys see in car and driver where the new Ferrari 599 GTB ran an 11.2 at 131 mph! That thing will prolly smoke a C6 Z06.
    Yeah they are fast but it should be it has the same motor as the Enzo just slightly detuned. It wouldn't take much money to get the Z06 ahead since there is a nice aftermarket for american cars not sure what mods you can do on that Ferrari well not without taking out a second mortgage

side note: You could have one for 260K and a two year wait since that is the estimated time to get on after placing an order lol.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I saw a pic of one that got terminated by a truck before

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    I saw a pic of one that got terminated by a truck before
    I hate to see such a nice piece of equipment being took out. Saw a nice Corvette a few years ago upside down in Palm Springs. Pure tragedy man.

This chic I was dating put my 01 Cobra into the woods one night leaving a bar. Did 5k worth of damage to the right side. (liability only )

I kept her around until she paid her half of the damage cost, then I chucked her ass like spoiled milk. You just can't wreck a man's pride and joy. You might as well kick him in the nuts twice, you would be better off.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I will be in Missouri next week, how far are you from Cape Giradeau?(sp giradeau) I'm originally about 90miles south of there. I'll be home Tuesday.
    Im in Springfield, By Branson. If you make it down this way, check out the Rogersville track (20 min away, up 60 highway), its pretty cool, some great cars there, but its nothing compared to some of the tracks in major cities. Or you can just drive down Battlefield Road, youll find a race or two. If your here on a Sunday, The Steak n Shakes are always having Huge car shows, like 100's of cars, especialy the one on Glenstone Street.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont think the ferrari would win i saw a c6 zo6 at the track, the only mods were exhaust and race slicks he ran a 10.9. So i think the c6 is faster than you give it credit for.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

The Ferrari has a 131 mph trap vs. the AWESOME, and I repeat AWESOME C6 Z06's average trap of 125 mph.

I love the Z06, but trap speed is a great indicator of power vs. weight ability of a car.

Did I say the C6Z was awesome? Well, I meant it is REALLY AWESOME.

With a measly cam upgrade, the Ferrari has NO chance. Well, only if the IRS shattered on the Z at the line.

C6 Z06 = Ggrrreat Successsss!!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Now GM is pulling a ford and S/C the corvette lol 650 hp 10 second production car jesus. The new viper will have 600hp aswell just keep goin up. The special edition cobra will have 565 hp.

THE WS6 THAT COULD

this is of topic but the EVO X...now thats a Awsome car

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Are you serious that thing is soo ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRiderWs6 View Post
    this is of topic but the EVO X...now thats a Awsome car
    yeeeaahh..think were goin a lil too far,lol

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information