Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

whoopass on a 96 cobra!!

This is a discussion on whoopass on a 96 cobra!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Funny story some kid in a 99 Cobra with exhaust stumbles out of his car and tells me his cobra ...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Funny story some kid in a 99 Cobra with exhaust stumbles out of his car and tells me his cobra would rape my T/A and says lets race, normally i would have said yes but this kid couldnt even walk from his car to mine without leaning up againt a silverado parked in between us. Drunk ass ford drivers lol, I had a kid in a 5 speed GT almost kill me by just dropping the clutch and sliding sideways, do you think im gonna race a drunk ford boy with a more powerful stang, thats just asking to die.

You should have to take an intelligence test to buy a sports car.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 10-09-2007 at 01:26 PM.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Funny story some kid in a 99 Cobra with exhaust stumbles out of his car and tells me his cobra would rape my T/A and says lets race, normally i would have said yes but this kid couldnt even walk from his car to mine without leaning up againt a silverado parked in between us. Drunk ass ford drivers lol, I had a kid in a 5 speed GT almost kill me by just dropping the clutch and sliding sideways, do you think im gonna race a drunk ford boy with a more powerful stang, thats just asking to die.

You should have to take an intelligence test to buy a sports car.
    It's much better to be safe than sorry.

10's N/A

Listen, cobras are and can be fast, i havent raced a cobra with just some bolt ons that ive lost too. Now i know bob will post his i ran a 11.6 with a bolt on cobra blah blah blah, but the truth is they are 13 second cars that lack a little top end. I know they are a good challenge, but most with exhaust and a intake or whatever i take by atleast 2 cars. Bob may make some remarks, but the truth is if you go to street racing areas, bolt on ls1s take bolt on pre 03 cobras left and right.
    +1 for the more realistic post!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by DE98TA View Post
    Do you guys really have nothing better to do then go on for 5 pages saying which car is better?
    Does anybody have anything better to do than to read this Forum? Given this, does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    That's a good article (used to have it....a long, long time ago). Note that the two cars that had the same power, were about the same weight, and were equipped in a similar manner, were 5 tenths and 4 mph apart? Note that the 96 Cobra falls neatly between them in all but Kalitta's runs?

Not also that Top Fuel racers are VERY good at what they do. What they don't do is race stock cars, thus they suck.

Remember that article too. Not germaine to what we were talking about (LT1 vs 96-98 Cobra), but I think the results are quite accurate in what you typically see.

Hey, it's magazine racing, but you said "side-by-side testing"
    Yup. About as good a comparison that you'll get out of a magazine.

Listen, cobras are and can be fast, i havent raced a cobra with just some bolt ons that ive lost too.
    Speaking of "blah blah blah". You know how many times I've read the line "I haven't raced a [insert car here] that I've lost too"?

And I believe it everytime. Heck, sometimes its true. Other times the idiot just hasn't raced any version of [insert car here].

Now i know bob will post his i ran a 11.6 with a bolt on cobra blah blah blah
    Already did. And true it was. With video even. What's your point?

but the truth is they are 13 second cars that lack a little top end.
    And stock LS1s are 13 second cars that have a bit better top end, and occasionally run high 12s in bone stock form with very good drivers. IE....stock to stock, they have a few tenths/few mph advantage over a 99/01 Cobra.

See magazine article above, for evidence.

But when the modding starts....and per my posts above....things become much different.

I know they are a good challenge, but most with exhaust and a intake or whatever i take by atleast 2 cars.
    Of course you do. As far as we know.

Bob may make some remarks, but the truth is if you go to street racing areas, bolt on ls1s take bolt on pre 03 cobras left and right.
    More often than not, I agree. But when modded correctly, a bolt-on, Pre-03 Cobra (and especially a Mach 1) is more than a match for a bolt-on LS1 M6.

Which is what my point has been all along...just nobody wanted to bite.

+1 for the more realistic post!
    Translation: I agree with your point of view, thus it is more realistic, regardless of any factual evidence that may be presented.

Have fun.
    Bob

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Bob
    I'm not sure exactly what your record was with the bolt-on Cobra - I believe 11.5. I have to admit that is quicker than the LT1 record. Herron Performance set it. Very close to your trap though, and not too shabby for an old LT1.
    http://www.herronperformance.com/html/shop_car.html

Though i'm a die hard F-body finatic, I always believed Mustangs make better drag strip cars. Now that's just the truth

Jay

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Personally, my best was 11.60. Some folks that got a bit more serious have gone 11.3 (98 Cobra & 03 Mach) and one of them went 11.21 (03 Mach 1). FYI...that's not only quicker than the quickest bolt-on LT1, its also quicker than the quickest bolt-on LS1 M6, by a significant margin.

Hmmm....roller rockers and valve springs...going the the LS1Tech.com "bolt-on" guidelines...if it touches oil, it isn't a bolt-on. Still....impressive car.

Oh....take a stab at what you think the best "bolt-on" 4.6 2V is. Just for fun.
    Last edited by BLKCLOUD; 10-10-2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Typo

10's N/A

Personally, my best was 11.60. Some folks that got a bit more serious have gone 11.3 (98 Cobra & 03 Mach) and one of them went 11.21 (03 Cobra). FYI...that's not only quicker than the quickest bolt-on LT1, its also quicker than the quickest bolt-on LS1 M6, by a significant margin.

Hmmm....roller rockers and valve springs...going the the LS1Tech.com "bolt-on" guidelines...if it touches oil, it isn't a bolt-on. Still....impressive car.

Oh....take a stab at what you think the best "bolt-on" 4.6 2V is. Just for fun.
    First,
    Now come on. Regardless of what anyone says, we cannot consider an '03 Cobra a "bolt-on" car. It's technically incorrect, if I may say, to call it that. It is a "supercharged/bolt-on" car. If I had a supercharged LS1 or LT1, and I told you, "hey, my LT1 goes 11.20's with nothing but bolt-ons", you would say I was incorrect. And you would be 100% right.

Second,
    Everyone has there own theory of what bolt-on's are - and what they aren't. In my opinion, any naturally aspirated, stock-internal setup with completely stock camshaft, intake manifold and cylinder heads, is a bolt-on combo.

Lastly,
    Despite what any 2v GT has accomplished, I'd rather not get into them. I've had a few buddies that have owned bolt-on 2-valves that have ran very impressive e.t.'s, and have put up quicker times than a few of my bolt-on LT1's. But when I'd take 'em on the highway (hence from a roll), I would pounce on them time and time again. The top end on those cars is weaker than I can describe, and have made me a non-believer in those motors. Even the guys at MM&FF have complained in the past. Now put some FRP heads & intake in the mix, and it's a different story. But in bolt-on fashion, no way.

But like I said, Mustangs make better drag strip cars. F-bodies run the streets!
    Last edited by N20LT4; 10-09-2007 at 07:19 PM.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

First,
    Now come on. Regardless of what anyone says, we cannot consider an '03 Cobra a "bolt-on" car. It's technically incorrect, if I may say, to call it that. It is a "supercharged/bolt-on" car. If I had a supercharged LS1 or LT1, and I told you, "hey, my LT1 goes 11.20's with nothing but bolt-ons", you would say I was incorrect. And you would be 100% right.
    Only got a sec.....I mistyped....the 11.2x car is an 03 Mach 1, not an 03 Cobra. I have edited my post to reflect this.

More later....as I don't agree with everything you posted.

Its funny watching people argue with Bob, they always come out looking like the red headed step child who got beat too much! :P

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Its just the same thing over and over again, he will tell us about his cobra running mid 11s with 355 rwhp and drag radials but doesnt really matter to me when i race N/A cobras often with bolt ons and spank them. What he says doesnt bother me just because i havent race an 11second bolt on cobra. Bob i said cobras a 13 second cars that lack top end, i wasnt trying to insult cobras, i will admit they are good cars, the mach 1s are also awesome and good races, i had the second cloest race ever the other day iwth a mach 1, this guy could drive. I won by a fender which i got through second gear and then we stayed even. We talked and all he had was catback, now i also have my 190lbs friend in the car and he was alone but i have raced a couple mcah 1s with just a drive and having another friend in the car and won by alot more and those cars had more bolt ons. With a good driver they are tough. You amy not belive me when i say i havent lost to a bolt on cobra or another bolt on ls1 car, but thats just how it is.

Its just the same thing over and over again, he will tell us about his cobra running mid 11s with 355 rwhp and drag radials but doesnt really matter to me when i race N/A cobras often with bolt ons and spank them.
    Isnt his fault you are ignorant and have a very small knowledge cars. There are other cities out there other than Milwaukee.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

What are you his extra head, you just sit there and talk about how great bob is, get a life and an opionon of your own buddy, and what did i say that made you think i dont belive he ran a 11.6. I said thats great he runs that fast, very good times, but go to any street racing area, bolt on cobras dont run 11s, thats what makes bobs stand out that he did and most cant. You havnet said one thing abotu what you think you just defend Bob your liek the sidekick no one likes or remembers.

BTW i have driven my lt1 formula and my 87 supra cross this great country of ours to houston and raced alot of people between here and there, so dont tell me where ive been what ive seen how mature i am. Your the ignorant one my friend. Also took the supra to florida ran into alot of cars there too. You act like you know me and what i have done with my life, go kill yourself and take another ingnorant mustang driver off the streets and do society a favor.

I don't need to know you, all I need to know is from your posts, you have no knowledge of cars. I will let you continue on thinking that all cars are slower than your ls1. It makes me laugh . Since you "spank" all n/a cobras.

Yeah I must be Bob's side kick because I find it humorous when people argue with im.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Why do I know nothing about cars, i will admit when i get beat, im just talking from what ive seen and done. You telling someone you dont know nor have had a conversation with that he is ingorant and trying to tell that person what he has seen or where he has been, Sir that is the defenition of Ignorance

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I cant see that pic im at work, what is it?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Funny cat picture tho

Just thought I would try and destroy the hostility.

10's N/A

Only got a sec.....I mistyped....the 11.2x car is an 03 Mach 1, not an 03 Cobra. I have edited my post to reflect this.

More later....as I don't agree with everything you posted.
    Well Bob, until then...

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Its funny watching people argue with Bob, they always come out looking like the red headed step child who got beat too much! :P
    Typical...coming from a Mustang driver on an LS1 website

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    Typical...coming from a Mustang driver on an LS1 site.

Been here since 2001, deal with it.
    324hp/333tq

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information