Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

whoopass on a 96 cobra!!

This is a discussion on whoopass on a 96 cobra!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; LOL. That's the best you can do, huh? You've been had, and all you can come back with is "where's ...

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. That's the best you can do, huh? You've been had, and all you can come back with is "where's the video!"

Lame. But typical for this crowd, I'm afraid (especially the insecure LT1 types).

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    There's some videos in the Modular Site... but... none of them in the 9's... though...
    Correct you are. Same car, but those videos are from class racing in Pure Street this year. Limited-modification class racing is a whole different ball of wax, and simply doesn't exist (unfortunately) in the LSx/LTx world.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

see that mustang? nice wheelie. also a nice bbc in it

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Ummm....and no takers on my original challenge? Constantly trying to change the subject? Realize when you're beat?
    I ain't got the money to mod another car just to prove a point, I am still trying to pay for that GD 12-bolt!

The stock 96 SS was faster than the stock 96 Cobra. Been tested on many occasions.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    Click for full size

see that mustang? nice wheelie. also a nice bbc in it
    That's why the wheelstand is so small. And how many CID did it take for that BBC to accomplish that? Pffft...all it would need is a little 2V 4.6 to look like this:

283 cid 2V 4.6. How big was the BBC again?

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I ain't got the money to mod another car just to prove a point, I am still trying to pay for that GD 12-bolt!
    But young jedi, I'm not asking you to build or mod anything. We're internet racing here. Go read again (carefully this time), do your search, and report back.

The stock 96 SS was faster than the stock 96 Cobra. Been tested on many occasions.
    Really? Please provide evidence of side-by-side testing.

Personally, I ran 13.6 @ 104 in my bone stock 98 (no changes from 96-98), and I certainly wasn't the quickest. How did you do in your bone stock LT1 SS?

10's N/A

LOL. That's the best you can do, huh? You've been had, and all you can come back with is "where's the video!"

Lame. But typical for this crowd, I'm afraid (especially the insecure LT1 types).

If you think owning an 11-second stock-cammed/Nitrous LT1 makes me feel insecure than float your boat buddy. Not to mention my pride and joy LT4 vette, which is approaching 12 years old and still blue books for about $20 grand. Not to mention i'm over half your age (had to throw the age thing in there )

I've owned everything from a '96 Powerdyne-charged Cobra (which ran 13.20s with 6psi) to a '98 LS1 M6 I spanked endless Cobra's with- But i'm an LT1 Die Hard, and will stay that way. My first car was '90 GT with bolt-ons, gears and mid 14-second timeslips. Got tired of getting spanked by completely stock LT's, sold it, and got myself a '94 Z28 M6. Went 13.88@101 completely stock, and never looked backed since. I'll give you an idea of what my life with LT1's has been like so far - my current high 11-second '93 is the slowest one so far. It's intent was to go 11's on the stock cam with nothing but bolt-ons and a friendly portion of nitrous. Welp, did that, and now it's starting to feel slow

It's all fun and games bud, no need to criticize. I mean, after all, you are on an LT1/LS1/Lxx... site. I think age is starting to get to you Bob.

P.S. I still don't believe ya bud. Never heard of that car running that time. Prove it. Until otherwise, I reign...
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

10's N/A

Personally, I ran 13.6 @ 104 in my bone stock 98 (no changes from 96-98), and I certainly wasn't the quickest. How did you do in your bone stock LT1 SS?
    Muscle Car Review went 13.46@106 in a Bone-stock '96 SS M6, while Hot Rod went 13.55@104.8 bone-stock. Heck, Car & Driver went 13.6@106 in December of '95, so what does that tell you I took my Sebring silver '97 SS to 13.5@105.7. Any Cobra owner from that era that's ever been fortunate (but unfortunate) enough to run into an LT1 SS will tell you how it was in those days...

Here's the link so you can see how your pony cars matched up to the "poor 'ole LT1"
    http://www.cobranet.com/roadtest.htm

Have fun!

P.S. 50 more credits deducted!
    Last edited by N20LT4; 10-08-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

Dang, 200 at the wheels. haha Rustang owners, spend an assload to hit a stock LS1 rwhp mark.
    Amen man!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    If you think owning an 11-second stock-cammed/Nitrous LT1 makes me feel insecure than float your boat buddy.
    Takes N20 to hit 11s with your LT1? I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of LS1s that did the same....except without the bottle.

Golly...my slow, bolt-on 99 Cobra went 11.60. Without a bottle.

Don't blame you for the insecurity.

Not to mention my pride and joy LT4 vette, which is approaching 12 years old and still blue books for about $20 grand.
    Uh. Wow? And?

Not to mention i'm over half your age (had to throw the age thing in there )
    Over half? So you've hit 22? Cool!

I've owned everything from a '96 Powerdyne-charged Cobra (which ran 13.20s with 6psi)
    A pitiful time for anything other than a very mild bolt-on car. And Powerdynes sucked, as you no doubt now know.

to a '98 LS1 M6 I spanked endless Cobra's with
    Obviously you chose your races carefully.

But i'm an LT1 Die Hard, and will stay that way.
    We all have our faults.

My first car was '90 GT with bolt-ons, gears and mid 14-second timeslips.
    That's too bad. My second Mustang (long removed from my first car) with bolt-ons and gears went mid 12s.

Got tired of getting spanked by completely stock LT's, sold it, and got myself a '94 Z28 M6.
    If I had a 90 GT that was that slow, I'd of sold it too. Or learned to drive it. One or the other.

Went 13.88@101 completely stock, and never looked backed since.
    Which puts you about 2 tenths in front of my completely stock 88 Coupe (14.07 @ 98). Congratulations. And well behind my 98 Cobra, as mentioned.

I'll give you an idea of what my life with LT1's has been like so far - my current high 11-second '93 is the slowest one so far. It's intent was to go 11's on the stock cam with nothing but bolt-ons and a friendly portion of nitrous. Welp, did that, and now it's starting to feel slow
    Don't blame you....given that you had to add the bottle to do it.

It's all fun and games bud, no need to criticize. I mean, after all, you are on an LT1/LS1/Lxx... site.
    Says LS1.com up there....guess someone felt bad and added an LT1 Forum though.

Concur on the fun and games though....and am engaging in the same.

I think age is starting to get to you Bob.
    Nah....give it a few more years.

P.S. I still don't believe ya bud. Never heard of that car running that time. Prove it. Until otherwise, I reign...
    Ok. Which car are we talking about? Tymenski's? Did you go to the website I linked?

And if you don't wish to believe...tis fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Muscle Car Review went 13.46@106 in a Bone-stock '96 SS M6, while Hot Rod went 13.55@104.8 bone-stock. Heck, Car & Driver went 13.6@106 in December of '95, so what does that tell you
    That they were capable of mid 13s, bone stock (just like 96-98 Cobras, despite what some mags say).

Nothing new there.

I took my Sebring silver '97 SS to 13.5@105.7.
    Bone stock? Prove it. I don't believe you.

Sound familier?

Any Cobra owner from that era that's ever been fortunate (but unfortunate) enough to run into an LT1 SS will tell you how it was in those days...
    I think I fit that bill pretty well. I don't remember having any problems (those came along with the LS1 hit the street).

Here's the link so you can see how your pony cars matched up to the "poor 'ole LT1"
    http://www.cobranet.com/roadtest.htm

Have fun!
    Eh....magazine racing. What fun!

P.S. 50 more credits deducted!
    I'll keep racking them up....you keep dodging the original challenge.

Are you going to be Hillary Clinton's running mate?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

This is getting good and im started to get lost with who said what. Bottom line is ricers suck, american muscle owns all, foxbodies need mods to get their no weighted cars to move. LT1s and LS1s 5.0s and the 4V 4.6 are great motors. 2v 4.6 kinda suck and can't produce much N/A power unless dumped a lot of $$$ into it. and did I say ricers suck? lets leave it at that

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    This is getting good and im started to get lost with who said what. Bottom line is ricers suck, american muscle owns all, foxbodies need mods to get their no weighted cars to move. LT1s and LS1s 5.0s and the 4V 4.6 are great motors. 2v 4.6 kinda suck and can't produce much N/A power unless dumped a lot of $$$ into it. and did I say ricers suck? lets leave it at that
    You are wise beyond your years.

And Bob, well he is old, and wisdom comes with that. He is a stubborn old fart though. haha just kidding Bob

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I'm not old. George Burns.....now he's old. But if I was old, it would still be better than the alternative.

BTW....a N/A 2V 4.6 went 11.30 @ 119 mph this weekend at Bowling Green NMRA race. Stock ported heads/intake, mild cam, all supporting mods, etc.

Of course....an LS1 or a 4V would be going a full second faster with the same amount of work.

10's N/A

And Bob, well he is old, and wisdom comes with that. He is a stubborn old fart though. haha just kidding Bob
    Agreed 110%. Took up half the page to express his frustrations. I feel sorry for the guy, so i'll leave 'em alone before he has a heart attack.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ah....youngster knows he's been had, so instead of digging a deeper hole, he bows out of a challenge that he knows he cannot win.

Would've been smarter to do earlier, but he'll catch on at some point.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You win Bob, Cobras are great in all aspects of motordom.

Do you guys really have nothing better to do then go on for 5 pages saying which car is better? They both have their pros and cons and can be badass rides...quit being worried about mustang vs f-body and just go beat up on the imports and have some friendly domestic competition. And to the OP Im glad the boy you raced didnt get an ls1 it would be in a ditch within a week and would be a complete waste..jmo

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DE98TA View Post
    Do you guys really have nothing better to do then go on for 5 pages saying which car is better? They both have their pros and cons and can be badass rides...quit being worried about mustang vs f-body and just go beat up on the imports and have some friendly domestic competition. And to the OP Im glad the boy you raced didnt get an ls1 it would be in a ditch within a week and would be a complete waste..jmo
    There we go, listen to what he said friend domestic competetion and beat the shit out of ricers. BTW welcome to the site, lets see some pix

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

problem is, theres no decently fast ricers around here, and they never try to mess with me. but theres a crapload of gt stangs! and theres 2 03 cobras around here, neither will race me, they just laughed when i asked them if they wanted to.

10's N/A

Really? Please provide evidence of side-by-side testing.
    Just for the heck of it:
    http://www.stangbangers.com/96_Cobra...rd_Article.htm
    http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Cobra...SS_Article.htm

Hey, it's magazine racing, but you said "side-by-side testing"
    Last edited by N20LT4; 10-09-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Listen, cobras are and can be fast, i havent raced a cobra with just some bolt ons that ive lost too. Now i know bob will post his i ran a 11.6 with a bolt on cobra blah blah blah, but the truth is they are 13 second cars that lack a little top end. I know they are a good challenge, but most with exhaust and a intake or whatever i take by atleast 2 cars. Bob may make some remarks, but the truth is if you go to street racing areas, bolt on ls1s take bolt on pre 03 cobras left and right.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 10-09-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information