Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

whoopass on a 96 cobra!!

just got home from racing a friends new 96 cobra w/mild heads, cam, intake...raced him twice, first time he jumped me on the start and i sorta missed second, but i passed him in third, got him by 2 car leangths....second time we started off even, i hit second pretty good and nosed past him in second, then pulled a car leanght in third, he missed 4th lol.....but good times! all my buddies with muscle cars are going to muncie dragstrip friday for the fast and furious wars, suposedly its rices vs muscle or somthing, cant wait!

btw, the guy i was supposed to race with the charger, his daddy wouldnt let him borrow it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Nice man, try to get some videos for this friday. I would love to see some ricer vs. muscle action

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    just got home from racing a friends new 96 cobra w/mild heads, cam, intake...raced him twice, first time he jumped me on the start and i sorta missed second, but i passed him in third, got him by 2 car leangths....second time we started off even, i hit second pretty good and nosed past him in second, then pulled a car leanght in third, he missed 4th lol.....but good times! all my buddies with muscle cars are going to muncie dragstrip friday for the fast and furious wars, suposedly its rices vs muscle or somthing, cant wait!

btw, the guy i was supposed to race with the charger, his daddy wouldnt let him borrow it
    The outcome doesn't surprise me, takes alot to make that year somewhat fast. You'd probably have a better race w/ the Charger.

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Nice man, try to get some videos for this friday. I would love to see some ricer vs. muscle action
    They have Domestics Vs. Imports twice a year here. It's called "Street Wars". You wouldn't believe the big turnouts that day. Some sick stuff!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

nice kill man...

would be wierd to see a Domestic VS Import thing around these areas... seing as everything is IMPORTED!... MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I agree with the fact that you have to video that stuff!!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I wish they has "street wars" down here

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

He missed 2nd, thats crazy how do you do that haha, nice kill

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol a 96 cobra, those came with 305hp, not to bad, i have seen ones with cams, heads and some bolt ons make over 350rwhp to 400rwhp , if this kid lost to you and you arent cammed he is a bad driver or has a bad cam/heads setup.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

if i go to the track friday, i'll get some vids racing him. there was a mustang owner (5.0 fox) and after we raced he was like 'how the hell is a mostly stock z28 go this fast??" im like umm because mustangs just suck. he was like welll i dont think shanes mustang has a very big cam.......im like yea excuses excuses...but as far as being a bad driver, naw he's alright. but remember, its just a pony, and ponies are for girls.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know but im saying my dad had a late 90s cobra and when i was stock and his car had just exhaust and an intake i only won by about 3 cars. If his cobra had head work and cams with more bolt ons like your friend he would have smoked me, and dont say maybe my T/A is just slow cause i ran a 12.8@ 110mph with just headers and exhaust. BTW he only owned that cobra for a summer and traded it for a 1968 Jaguar XKE convertable v12, me and him have had that car up to 160something with the original motor. He said he got rid of it cause one day he went in his garage looked at the car and said how did i ever think this car looked good.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Dang good ole race there sonny!!!

He didn't have gears? Thats kinda funny he would go through all that engine work when full exhaust and 4.10's would do him even better

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

DOHC motors do not need "big cams". In fact, very few 4V 4.6s have aftermarket cams at all.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

They don't need big cams, thanks to the extra valves per cylinder.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

bwhahhahahha the kid rolled the stang the next day, (MONDAY) he was sliding corners or somthing and totalled his car. The stang was actually a GT with cobra emblems. It DID have those mods tho. He had a v6 mustang, ppl told him to get a v8, he got a 92 rs v8 camaro, someone said it was too old, he got this 96 stang a month ago and totaled it!! now he's gonna get a ls1 car, i'll bet you MONEY!! he wont be able to handle getting beat either.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

So he went from a V6 stang that he wrecked into a 92 RS v8 to a 96 cobra/GT and wrecked that one too? im kind of lost

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

NO he traded the v6 stang off on the rs, then traded it off on the 96 gt. all because ppl talked shit about his first 2 cars. the only one he wrecked was the 96 gt. he had the v6 stang and rs BEFORE HE had his liscense, then got the gt a little while after he got his liscense......i do belive his daddy helped him pay for them lol

he's gonna show up next time with a ls1 car. why? because people will make fun of him being beat in a stang.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Lol sounds like a guy I know from down here. claims he has a cobra, (he had no car) then he got lucky and bough a V6 stang and but cobra emblems on it and first mod was intake which he took to a shop to install it for him for 200 bucks plus he bought it from e-bay. then he got a true duel exhaust which sounded like ass, then came neons that changed to every color and then a system then came on the ricer body kit. he wrecked it once and got it fixed. thats all with his own money and he said it was a real cobra and said it was fast as hell.

6 months later his dad really bought him an 04 cobra convert....

2 days later he wrecked it racing a civic LMAO

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Lol a 96 cobra, those came with 305hp, not to bad, i have seen ones with cams, heads and some bolt ons make over 350rwhp to 400rwhp , if this kid lost to you and you arent cammed he is a bad driver or has a bad cam/heads setup.
    Agree 100%. It takes only mild bolt ons like MAF (worth roughly 11rwhp), X-pipe (roughly 7-9rwhp), Throttle body, Cold Air, gears and tune to get the 96-98's in the low 13's on street rubber. While they are about a half second behind an average LS1, they can be made to run hard very easily. With mild heads and cams, truthfully he should have smoked you. Either a bad driver, bad driveability, or a combination of both!

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

but this was a gt.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Agree 100%. It takes only mild bolt ons like MAF (worth roughly 11rwhp), X-pipe (roughly 7-9rwhp), Throttle body, Cold Air, gears and tune to get the 96-98's in the low 13's on street rubber. While they are about a half second behind an average LS1, they can be made to run hard very easily. With mild heads and cams, truthfully he should have smoked you. Either a bad driver, bad driveability, or a combination of both!
    he just said it was actually a GT...

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    but this was a gt.

That's good. I like to think that the average N/A 4V Cobra owner would be schooled enough to list gears 1st on his/her list of mods. I'd like to think that, but too many people spend money before doing research, or formulating a definitive plan of attack.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information