Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who should win?

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

who should win?

my friends dad bought a lt1 TA and its cammed, very mild hard to even tell from idle that it is. Also stalled, i dont know how big though. Then has other bolt ons, i know it has different intake but i dont think different heads? im sure he would beat me from a dig. What do yall think? i have 02 z28 m6, P&P TB, TB bypass, lid, pro 5.0 w/lous short stick, msd wires, tr-55's long tubes x pipe over axle.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Bench racing

Dont race and dont waste your petrol

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

No way to know man. If its a stalled lt1 car with a cam it is capable of 11s at full weight if it hooks hard!!!!! If it really has a mild cam and small stall its probably a mid 12 car if it can hook decent. But really who knows, you dont know the stall size, cam spec, tires, gears and even then we wouldnt know how it hooks or how it is going to hook on that specific day with that driver.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

The bench racing is strong with this one...

White
    '10 ZR1

Depending on how well you can get out of the hole with that 6 speed will tell the tale - if you race him on the street, I'd give the other guy the nod.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If all he has is a mild cam and some bolt ons you should win but if he has headwork or the cam is more aggressive then it sounds then it might be different. A while back when i use to go to dyno days i would see cammed LT1's run all over the place but i saw a few with full bolt ons and cam run about 315-330 rwhp, depending on how aggressive the cam is. Id just say race him and see what happens you'll never know.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Found this vid, i dont know how true the mods are but here is a vid of a cammed LT1 walking all over a stock LS1 auto. Yours should do alot better since your modded.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AsE53zwk24[/ame]

Heres is another one but its a LS1 Vette bolt ons and manual vs a cammed LT1 with bolt ons. Not exactly what you guys have racing each other but im trying to find something somewhat close to give you an idea. Cammed LT1's do better then i thought.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YziP8zsCw0[/ame]

Here is another auto LS1 vs cammed LT1

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-uSsQkOz3U[/ame]

Here is some more.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfUWhk3as0[/ame]

I hope you can drive the wee out of that 6 speed, otherwise I think he might embarrass you on the street or strip. I say go race and find out.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    If all he has is a mild cam and some bolt ons you should win but if he has headwork or the cam is more aggressive then it sounds then it might be different. A while back when i use to go to dyno days i would see cammed LT1's run all over the place but i saw a few with full bolt ons and cam run about 315-330 rwhp, depending on how aggressive the cam is. Id just say race him and see what happens you'll never know.
    315-330whp is enough to get a 3400lbs car in the 11s if it is setup to hook hard enough. So the dyno tells us nothing about this race.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

If you get enough "dont worry you will win" responses will you race the guy? I think it would be great to read another 4th Gen vs. 4th Gen kill/death story. Way more entertaining than the usual, "I just killed another Mustang" or "some stupid ricer was asking for it" thread. I hope you race the dude regardless and post the results, even better post a video. I honestly think that from a dig you can beat this car but he will get the jump on you. You should go to the track, practice your launch, and race him there.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    If you get enough "dont worry you will win" responses will you race the guy? I think it would be great to read another 4th Gen vs. 4th Gen kill/death story. Way more entertaining than the usual, "I just killed another Mustang" or "some stupid ricer was asking for it" thread. I hope you race the dude regardless and post the results, even better post a video. I honestly think that from a dig you can beat this car but he will get the jump on you. You should go to the track, practice your launch, and race him there.
    +1. Race him and find out. No real way to tell without more info.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

he has g force kdw's 275's. Yea we plan on racing at the strip but its closed till january 8th! i will for sure get a video. It has a cage as well, but they no NOTHING about the car, they bought it off our county auction which has no specs. So they really dont know either, it really sucks

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Bench racing aside my bolt-on a-4 pulled a cammed lt-1 m-6 that wasn't tuned.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think if you can drive well, you should run him down eventually.

Blue
    02 Firebird Transam

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    +1. Race him and find out. No real way to tell without more info.
    Exactly, too many variables to guess. That having been said, if they bought it from an auction and don't know any specifics how do they even know it has been cammed? If the cam's mild enough you can't even tell it from the idle and assuming you can drive that stick, you ought to take him (I used to have an LT 1 car). Be sure and let us know the results.

Dan

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty"....Thomas Jefferson

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Just run him and if you win good, if not no big deal. Just have fun. I had 3 LT-1 cars before my LS-1 and even with bolt ons I couldn't keep up with an LS-1 car. Good luck
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

thanks, i have a pretty good feeling about it, i really dont care if i lose cu its an f body and a good friend but will post results.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

If your a 6 speed with stock 3.42s, run him from a 60-65mph roll

But seriously, grab some good tire, and if you can hook, my two cents is it will be dead even (providing you can drive) until near the end of the 1/4 where you finally start to open up

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Cammed LT1's can be surprisingly fast when done right.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Cammed LT1's can be surprisingly fast when done right.
    Yep, nothing to sneeze at. Finding a good tuner that fools with them is getting harder now too.
    We bought a 97 Z new and also used an LT1 for a retro swap in a jeep. Have had a few LS1's since but I have to admit, I really like the way the LT1's drove on the street over the LS1's. Much better throttle response and more low end response that makes them a blast in stop and go traffic.

I owned both an LT1 and an LS1 at the same time (before the LT1 was totalled) and both being stock, the LT1 was only a tick behind in performance.
    Adding a cam, converter, and other bolt ons along with a good tune, I'll bet that car is going to be pretty snappy. Be prepared.

Thread Information