Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121329 ... LastLast

When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!!

This is a discussion on When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; wheel hop sucks!...

Ruby Red
    98 Camaro Z28 402 stroker

wheel hop sucks!

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Limon View Post
    I need a supercharger i am getting beat by cars that have turbo a mustang GT had a turbo and did not tell me and smoked me he ran 12.5 and i ran 13.8. I hate cobras one beat me in quater mile he ran 13.1 and i ran 13.5. How embarrasing i lost to 2 mustangs.
    read this and was lown away.

my 04 GTO stock with a stall, springs MT and 110 shot ran a 12.1 @112

i've since added heads cam headers ported intake and 90mm tb dropped the spray to 75.

honestly you must be at a high elevation...hell my 06 GTO with just and intake and and headers...ran an amazing 12.61 @ 114.
    these stangs you are racing are putting shit numbers donw..i don't care about HP i found out with my 04 GTO it aint about those big dyno numbers..
    hell my 06 is over 150hp stronger than my 04...wouldn't bet on it in a 0-100 race though.

you need to either imporove your driving....or add some mior mods while improving you driving.
    at vette with dr's ..'ll put it into the 12's with.... a 2-3 bolt ons arounfd the garage..

cutouts
    ghetto ram air
    iat timing tricker.
    12.80 on dr's

i think we get rattled when we race a stang ..we know we should win then blow it ( you know that funny feelingyou get right beore it goes down)

i always race my race...i never even look at the other car..i listen to it secondary to my own motor... and i know if i've won or lost by the shift into 3rd.
    Last edited by napper; 09-27-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont know how you guys think stock cobras are so crazy, most people run high 12s low 13s with stock 03 04 cobras, i ran a 12.8 with just headers, exhaust and a lid.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

the first mustang a raced was a terminator when i was at the for the first time. the first race i ran a 8.8 and he an 8.1

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

How much power do I need to beat a covertible termi with 550hp. This guy won't quit bashing ls1s....I got the money but no know how. I think a cam and procharger could put me at 500 right and I think that could take him down. Maybe 7-8 grand? Probably need some suspension work...crap.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Holy 12 month old thread, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by napper View Post
    ...hell my 06 GTO with just and intake and and headers...ran an amazing 12.61 @ 114....
    What was amazing about it?

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Holy 12 month old thread, Batman!

What was amazing about it?
    NO TUNE!!!! on 275 140ugqt tires..sticky but far from drag tires..

and preiously i ran a 13.12

Amazing cause the quote i quoted was a vette guy getting nailed by a TURBO stang running 12.5........lol

my 04 ls1 with 100 shot no other mods ran a 12.1

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Nice run, but still don't see the amazing part. If you're proud of it....ok.

You said above that your 04 had a stall, springs, & a tire, in addition to the bottle.

Some friendly advice? Let others pat your back. Doesn't look real good when you do it to yourself.

IMHO.

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

back in 03 i had a god bolt on auto ws6 with a 2800 stall and 3.73...this "terminator" folowed me though gas stations and parking lots.

so we finally, much to my shagrin lined up at the light.

powerbraked and took him by FIVE upto 110.....lol he felt like a shit then...and i had no cam, no headers no headwork..or nitrous/s/c.

Evan Smith ran this test with a slp ss and a "terminator' th ss caus it was loaded lost by .2

the problem is thee is something wrong with there balance......a 550 whp terminator...i'd love to run him in my 447 when cold Srt4.... n o fear but eithe r way i can lose....if i loe he beat a neo if i win a NEON beat him

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by napper View Post
    back in 03 i had a god bolt on auto ws6 with a 2800 stall and 3.73...this "terminator" folowed me though gas stations and parking lots.

so we finally, much to my shagrin lined up at the light.

powerbraked and took him by FIVE upto 110.....lol he felt like a shit then...and i had no cam, no headers no headwork..or nitrous/s/c.
    The beauty of a stab-n-steer car. Especially on the street.

You beat the driver - not the car.

Evan Smith ran this test with a slp ss and a "terminator' th ss caus it was loaded lost by .2
    I've known Evan Smith for years (even had a couple articles published in MM&FF). I'm familier with the article you're referring to. Don't remember the exact ETs. However, I can tell you that the best LS1 F-body ET from those guys (they also publish GMHTP) was a 12.89. The best 04 Cobra was 12.4x.

the problem is thee is something wrong with there balance...
    It's a lot of power (relatively speaking) with a lot of weight on the front and not a lot of traction in the rear.

...a 550 whp terminator...i'd love to run him in my 447 when cold Srt4.... n o fear but eithe r way i can lose....if i loe he beat a neo if i win a NEON beat him
    Ok. I've beaten cars that cost far more than mine and make far more HP. Not a big deal though.

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Bob

you always got to win.

i run 3 fun cars... .4 difference..not bad from memery

winning is winning........an auto win ...is a win.

You have not changed while i have..... so the 6 speed GTO and the 5 speed Srt4 don't count when they win.

i've been dragging for 15 years..

like i said your ego( not starting is amazing.) your Cobra al stripped and using everytrick you can...can not run the time you do on its street set up

leave me be..... i jut sold my 03 cobra 3 months ago. i loe merica and american/assui cars. care to compae the interiors of my built 06 with a n20 topper. Yes it beats cars costing 2-3 times as much...with lesss build quality

Perhaps that medical ship and life saving has given you a superior thouht process.

can i out drive you......i autocross, drag and drift..... i also tinker with bottle fed kawaski's

I know your rep.( the best)......yet i'm retired (43) and am not waiting for my death bed as my father did dying as a millionare.

winning is winning.....sorry the auto stalled fat ass GTO can haul some serious ass.
    my 6 speed with rippshift, lous short stick and textralia clutch aint no slouch.....1.60 is farly consistant...... i go around the waterbox then back in, if the grass isn't wet

i'm no internet racer... i race for the sheer pleasure..the adrenaline
    and the constnat learning of new skills
    The Srt4 is so balanced that if you didn't know it was a NEON you'd applaud it for its cargo....handling. and general good looks...sans interior ...an acr is dead even with a m3 track edition.....ok 1/1000 off at willow springs ( with same driver)

i respect you....i expect the same...i' a car junkie with 2 degree's. i'm not some deep pocketed fool..my nails are dirty ..i'm vested in 2 speed shops

So in closing use your jedi mind trick on the weak minded. i bring 3 different types of driving styles.....3 cars that can interchnge

and from the posts back years ago......you patted yourself enough...with you "Cobra" times and internet police...or no internet racing.

from my opinion hih hp Terminators are a lessson in the laws of duminishing returns,.....ridle me this why does a GT500 do so poorly(magracing 12.7 and horrible handling and it ait a cheap car.

How about being friends?Since this is going souh quickly, i extend the olive brance .

Notice though i buy intermediate domestic cars...and you can drop quite a bit of weight on the GTO while maintainin M5 interior quality

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ok - I apologize for my tone.

A win is a win, and I have nothing against an automatic (GM makes a fine one, Ford's suck). However, my point is that there is very little involved in racing an automatic.

What have I "not changed"? I didn't buy a GTO because it just didn't do it for me (weight was the final deciding factor), and I have no desire to buy anything FWD. Nothing new out there tickles my fancy (outside of the LS3 Vette....THAT is an awesome car for the $$$$).

Believe it or not, my 99 was a street car (and will continue to be). The only thing I did when I raced was change the tires/wheels (even though they were streetable too) and put a little air in the air bags. Thats it - honest injun. It had a very mild suspension, full interior (minus rear seats), and even the rollbar had removable swingouts. My fellow racer would often shake their heads in disgust when I'd pull up to the staging lanes with a CD blaring and the A/C blowin.

There's some shameless patting I guess.

I don't care for the GT500 - its a heavy pig. They have gone 12.2 bone stock, but that isn't common, and for 500 HP, I'm not impressed. FYI, I also had an 04 Cobra for a while. KB, live axle, etc. Sold it too. Now I'm back to my N/A 99.

Peace.

Bob

PS....I'll be 43 in about a month, and retire next summer.

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Cool!

i did alot of growing up in the years when we spoke.

i was all machine , no skill then.

Someday i tell you who i am.

with regard to GTO's and GT500's... well the first trick is if you wann go fast 1/4 mile in the Goat... AUTOMATIC.
    i'm seriously putting down another 150 whp with my 6 speed....and the et difference is on avaerage .7 +/-

the GT 500 yeah i can see that time on DR"S .....but i've been up agaisnt them...other than there wine..i'm not intimidated.

Now you...
    c'mon i've seen your ride....ok your right its not a total stripper.
    but its lightweight

i remeber now..you were on the medical ship while i was hunting targets in Kuwait

hence our common age....i remeebr the day you got your son the Junior dragster.

Ok back to my GTO's . the 06 really built one.(self pat)...has lost about just ovr 200lbs...and the other will follow suit..

with a good deal of suspension work the 06 is a heavy go cart....easilyoutmatching a base c5 in all handling duties....though this is expensive hence why only the 06 has the fuol treatment while the 04 has your basics..and its a straightliner..

the ls3 vette is dead balls on... i think chevy is fuging again me thinks like 440 whp....0-60 uin under 4 seconds......his is the buy..with the z51 and some bolt ons and i see low 11's maybe even lower.

Now with regard to one of your comments FWD....yes lets try and see you sqeeeze out a low low 11 with a mid 400whp fwdriver...

now we are talking skill and talent.... and effcency to not get the job
    done
    i always respected you BC. because of the magic you had when in your Cobra (99)

my solution then and now is to drop a low low 2.73 gear in and see what happens to a 500whp terminator. ( i know) but then tweek it abit....

like 1rst gear is used at all in the 06 Gto or in the Srt4.

ole military dogs get up early iwas upp when you posted this morning.

have a good day.
    and remeber i've changed immensly....one did the impossible..

later brother
    Last edited by napper; 09-26-2007 at 04:26 AM.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    11.3@122mph upper only, non ported, no lower, full weight, 6-speed, IRS cobra here.

I only spent straight $1000 on mods.

here is the video:
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...ad00c04a3c.htm

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    How much power do I need to beat a covertible termi with 550hp. This guy won't quit bashing ls1s....I got the money but no know how. I think a cam and procharger could put me at 500 right and I think that could take him down. Maybe 7-8 grand? Probably need some suspension work...crap.
    it will be tough. maybe twin turbo kit? or H/C/I + 200 shot (and then pray if the motor stays together)

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    it will be tough. maybe twin turbo kit? or H/C/I + 200 shot (and then pray if the motor stays together)
    Horse baloney, a trimmed HCI with a 200 shot will run high six's in the eighth. 11.3 with just a pulley, full weight, more horse baloney.

I have ran a couple guys with more mods than you, with no heads or nitrous and it was far from a whipping. Hung with one, and beat a Steigmeyer ported guy at the track, full weight on both. (he said his clutch slipped, and I think it did cause I could smell it, but he was a dumbass for racing on a questionable clutch IMO)

You think the guys on here have never raced an 03 before or sumthin'?

This thread is old as grandma's panties, and I was wrong on the ability of the GT500 stock. It turns out you would be better off getting an 03. (Which I think looks better)

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. OMG. I know who you are now. I don't remember the username at the moment....but it will come to me.

A couple of things...chit-chat like....

I was never on any Medical Ship. All my sea time is on Man-O-Wars. During the Gulf War era (I didn't actually get over there till Dec of 01), I was on an old DDG and a Spruance Destroyer.

Evan Smith got the GT500 to go 12.2 bone stock. Granted, still doesn't do much for me, given it makes ~450 RWHP in bone stock trim, but that is what he was able to achieve (perhaps he or someone has gone quicker/faster by now, I don't know). Still, I wouldn't pay the bucks for one. Personal preference.

I'm quite familier with GM's excellent A4 (within reasonable HP limits). I agree that it is the ticket for either street or strip drag racing for the majority of folks.

My 99 certainly isn't heavy, but I was very picky about what I would and would not pull out, and it always has been a street car. The one thing that many folks wouldn't like about it is the current tranny (installed early in the 2004 NMRA season). It's a G-Force T5 (dog-ring, helical version). Fabulous shifting at the track, but much like a dumptruck tranny on the street. .59 5th gear makes the highway nice though.

FWD just isn't my thing. To each their own, and if you like it - cool. No disrespect intended.....just not my thing.

Good talking to ya....have a good day!
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Horse baloney, a trimmed HCI with a 200 shot will run high six's in the eighth. 11.3 with just a pulley, full weight, more horse baloney.

I have ran a couple guys with more mods than you, with no heads or nitrous and it was far from a whipping. Hung with one, and beat a Steigmeyer ported guy at the track, full weight on both. (he said his clutch slipped, and I think it did cause I could smell it, but he was a dumbass for racing on a questionable clutch IMO)

You think the guys on here have never raced an 03 before or sumthin'?

This thread is old as grandma's panties, and I was wrong on the ability of the GT500 stock. It turns out you would be better off getting an 03. (Which I think looks better)

so you are saying my 11.3 run is BS for the mods I have? is that what you are saying? you think everyone can drive these things? I have a buddy makes 475rwhp - 509rwtq and still running low 12s. when i ran 11.3 there were a good 7-8 racers from local board who were watching me. and guess what, i will run better than 11.3 next time I go to track. my car went 11.75@118mph with 1.8x 60, without powershifting and on 85+degrees weather. Geez, everybody things that they know everything about cobras. that is really funny!
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 09-26-2007 at 03:40 PM.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    so you are saying my 11.3 run is BS for the mods I have? is that what you are saying? you think everyone can drive these things? I have a buddy makes 475rwhp - 509rwtq and still running low 12s. when i ran 11.3 there were a good 7-8 racers from local board who were watching me. and guess what, i will run better than 11.3 next time I go to track. my car went 11.75@118mph with 1.8x 60, without powershifting and on 85+degrees weather. Geez, everybody things that they know everything about cobras. that is really funny!
    i believe it. i think you forgot to mention you had slicks (not a big deal).

nice 60!

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i believe it. i think you forgot to mention you had slicks (not a big deal).

nice 60!
    Thanks. At the begginign of the video, in the mods list, i mentioned that i was on 26" slicks.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121329 ... LastLast

Thread Information