Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111228 ... LastLast

When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!!

This is a discussion on When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Who gives a fuck anyways. Get a stroker a watch the highschool kids in there really fuckin nasty cobras from ...

Ruby Red
    98 Camaro Z28 402 stroker

Who gives a fuck anyways. Get a stroker a watch the highschool kids in there really fuckin nasty cobras from your rearview mirror. lol
    Last edited by SDMForever; 09-04-2006 at 03:57 PM.
    402 C.I. Engine:Magic Stick V.4 Cam,LPA Custom Ported Polished Heads,Custom Ported and Polished Throttle Body,Spec 13 Lbs. Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch System,Pro 5.0 Tower, 4.10s

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Displacement doesn't mean anything? Your spicket might be a little bigger, but your bucket is 20% smaller.

That LS6 engine had head work done and low compression pistons, if I am not mistaken.

LS series heads that have port work and big valves can flow a massive amount of air. Vipers and Z06's both have 2V engines, the Cobra has a 4V and needs a supercharger to match their output?

How many N/A 281 cube 4V Cobra's have you seen that make 500 rwhp. Not too many, I gather. You can find Z06's all over putting that down.

Now if you had 351 cubes and a 4V motor, then you can start talkin' N/A turkey. I don't know why they haven't added big cubes to a 4V engine. I would love to see a 429 cu. in. 4V motor in a new Cobra. Add a supercharger to that baby and well...it will get ugly for the competition.
    Um, we were talking about power adders and now you are talking about NA? A 281 4V will makes just as much power as a 351 2v equal amounts of boost. You say a 2v head can flow massive amounts of air? You don't think 4v heads can't be modified?

You bring up cars with 350-440 cubic inches and then say the 281 needs a supercharger. What kind of comparison is that? Z06's and Vipers aint nuthin special. I don't street race but I've worn my share of cars out on the track and I didn't hear anyone complaining about my blower. I've watched my buddy in his 03 from behind wear out more Vipers and Z06's around Charlotte, NC than I can remember. It's pretty funny after they back off after they've had enough and I catch up. I always slow and pull right up beside them so I can see the stupid look on their silly faces. It's always this "Damn, WTF jsut happened. I thought I had a fast car".

You are not going to find any pre-C6 Z06's with basic bolt-ons making anywhere near 500 HP less nitrous.

The Ford GT and the new Shelby are 5.4 4v's. Haven't you heard? Looks like the Shelby with basic tuning on the stock air box and exhaust they are making almost 500 rwhp. Too bad Ford didn't put a screw on it instead of the Eaton. The Ford GT is making near 550 rwhp bone stock. There's no need to go any bigger.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMForever View Post
    Who gives a fuck anyways. Get a stroker a watch the highschool kids in there really fuckin nasty cobras from your rearview mirror. lol
    Time slip or do you just talk crap and street race?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Um, we were talking about power adders and now you are talking about NA?

I just rambled on, my bad.

A 281 4V will makes just as much power as a 351 2v equal amounts of boost. You say a 2v head can flow massive amounts of air? You don't think 4v heads can't be modified?

Yes they can be modified, and 4V will always be better than 2V, all other things being EQUAL. (displacement, port work, etc.)

You bring up cars with 350-440 cubic inches and then say the 281 needs a supercharger. What kind of comparison is that?

Adding a supercharger is kinda like adding displacement.

Z06's and Vipers aint nuthin special.

I bet there are a few that would put a your 03 in the rear view. You will run into one sooner or later.

You are not going to find any pre-C6 Z06's with basic bolt-ons making anywhere near 500 HP less nitrous.

I assumed a cam and all the basic bolt-ons. But I didn't specify, sorry.

The Ford GT and the new Shelby are 5.4 4v's. Haven't you heard?

Those cars are expensive, plus they are like 327 cu. in., or somewhere in that range. I meant old school BIG cubes, at least 429 or so.

Looks like the Shelby with basic tuning on the stock air box and exhaust they are making almost 500 rwhp. Too bad Ford didn't put a screw on it instead of the Eaton. The Ford GT is making near 550 rwhp bone stock. There's no need to go any bigger.

Just a tune is putting these guys at 500 rwhp? That thing sounds wicked.

Ruby Red

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    Time slip or do you just talk crap and street race?
    Im in the nines...is that enough for you. What do you have? do you have anything?

Ruby Red

The Ford GT is making near 550 rwhp bone stock. There's no need to go any bigger.[/QUOTE]

always gotta go bigger

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Bigger is better, just ask the g/f.

Big ole fat pappa sausage...they never forget ya, even if it don't work out!

(hillbilly voice) cumere gurl, wur ya runnin to?

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    This is my last dyno with the Eaton using a chiller I made for the IC. It dyno'd about as high as any stock unported Eaton I've seen. The curves are on seprate graphs but you can still see all the area under the curve and how raising torque down low increase that area. It means the amount of work it does. HP is work. The torque may have dropped off but at 5000 RPM it's HP that is getting the car down the track at speed.

Click for full size

This is with the KB and a crappy tune. It runs pig rich at high RPM's but it's safe. This is about the same boost as the Eaton graph above around 19 psi. You can see the difference in parasitic loss of roots versus screw. If you look at a PC, the torque will lessen the area under the curve. You'd have to really up the boost to run with a KB. A PC at 19 psi on an 03 will lose badly to an 03 with a KB at the same boost.

Click for full size
    i am still not convinced... procharger kits support 700 RWHP and i am not seeing those kind of numbers on your dyno sheets.

given the factory blower, a KB or a whipple make more torque below 4000 rpm... but that doesn't really mean anything too me. I launch at 3600 and i never see below 4000 for the entire race after that. Above 4,000 its all procharger.. And going down the strip, it's all over 4000...

for street driving i would get the KB or the whipple, or just keep factory blower.. but for the strip, you can't beat the pro charger, except with turbos

Ruby Red

Pumped03 your sheets are not bad, i would like to race you, I only have had my engine dynoed before i put it in. I will do that soon but I do have a time slip. Ill have to dig it up. I wont even post what I ran without showing proof. For the sake of you saying Im full of shit. My stroker with my custom heads and big cam made 873 at the fly wheel. again I have not had it dynoed from the wheels since the new heads and shit. that 873 was with them just not rear wheel. i think i can put down some serious power running on my 9 inch and yes I am set up for boost. My Twins will go on later this month. Anyways nice sheets and maybe someday ill see you on the streets or on the track.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Pumped03 your sheets are not bad, i would like to race you, I only have had my engine dynoed before i put it in. I will do that soon but I do have a time slip. Ill have to dig it up. I wont even post what I ran without showing proof. For the sake of you saying Im full of shit. My stroker with my custom heads and big cam made 873 at the fly wheel. again I have not had it dynoed from the wheels since the new heads and shit. that 873 was with them just not rear wheel. i think i can put down some serious power running on my 9 inch and yes I am set up for boost. My Twins will go on later this month. Anyways nice sheets and maybe someday ill see you on the streets or on the track.
    Like I said, he just hasn't run into the right LSX yet. That is surprising considering the amount he SAID he went to the track. I have seen a few street/strip F-bods that would eat that Cobra up.

Ruby Red

my 402 is getting hungry lol

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

The Ford GT is making near 550 rwhp bone stock. There's no need to go any bigger.
    always gotta go bigger[/QUOTE]

X2 so if somebody has the same ride as you, you can stomp them too!

Ruby Red

Fuck stock!!!

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

you know whipple makes a 5.0 liter twin screw blower... damn... brb... i gotta change my pants... just shit myself...

Ruby Red

WTF did you really shit yourself?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

The dooky fairy hath visited thou...haha

Ruby Red

did anyone see the race between the guy gz06 vs that punk 05 stang? It was supposed to happen last week on streetfire. I hop that vette can lock up it was pretty mean.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

man i just saw... it is official... return of the camaro is due in 2009...

i am very happy. was sad to see it go... although for years i have always loved the t/a more then the camaro, i thought the camaro lacked style... but the concept firebird is ugly as sin. not even a mother could love that ugly ass face... about as pretty as that cat fish in roastem's sig... at first i didnt like the camaro either, but it's growing on me...

slap a LS6 in it, make it affordable (under 40K) and maybe i will ride a GM once again... Prolly not though,,, once i am out from under my car payment, i don't wanna get into another one.

Ruby Red

they should do an ls2 in it. They could keep the price low enough.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

i just took the plunge... i scored a deal today... i got a rear end out of a 2003 mach 1 mustang w/ 4,000 miles on it, complete for 350.00...

that irs is gettin the boot and i am swapping over to a solid... no more wheel hope over here...

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111228 ... LastLast

Thread Information