Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 824252627282930 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 583

When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!!

This is a discussion on When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Mr. Luos I am well aware. Just hard to believe without seeing proof. Not saying it didn't ...

  1. #541
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I am well aware.
    Just hard to believe without seeing proof. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is hard to believe.
    My car is full weight, about 3800 with me in it. 440 RWHP at altitude. Traps 91MPH here.
    At sea level I make 530RWHP N/A with a solid powerband, and would probably only see 98-99MPH.
    Gutted your car is about what...3200??
    I agree. tell me the car is 2700lbs and he wins the argument.
    anyhow if he really got 97mph at 400rwhp, he should be in the guinness book.
    subject closed Roastem... as it is actually hijacking the thread... thanks.

  2. #542
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    this is starting to get old.

    next unwarranted comment gets warnings, bans, and whatever else i care to do.

  3. #543
    Member JayplaySS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    391
    C6 H/C/N20

    Roastem just post a few easy pics of your gutted interior. Have you weighed the car? I see you dislike 03 Cobra drivers though just because we want more proof of your claims.

  4. #544
    Member JayplaySS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    391
    C6 H/C/N20

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    at 7 minutes, that's my local track i run at. orlando speedworld

    Ive never been there but it looks like a great track, its been on Pinks a few too. I wish I was less than 1 hr from my track.

  5. #545
    Member JayplaySS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    391
    C6 H/C/N20

    Here ya go, just when you though Imports were bad, look at these in Japan.......OMG

    http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=1816

  6. #546
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I am well aware.
    Just hard to believe without seeing proof. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is hard to believe.
    My car is full weight, about 3800 with me in it. 440 RWHP at altitude. Traps 91MPH here.
    At sea level I make 530RWHP N/A with a solid powerband, and would probably only see 98-99MPH.
    Gutted your car is about what...3200??

    Honestly, after putting the 12 bolt in it, I think it is gonna be slower. But I really need to go to a 1/4 mile track with slicks and get an accurate, updated time on the car.

    And to the moderator, you can shut this thread down for all I care. It has become what I did not intend.

  7. #547
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Roastem just post a few easy pics of your gutted interior. Have you weighed the car? I see you dislike 03 Cobra drivers though just because we want more proof of your claims.
    I have no proof, just my word. And it isn't good enough. And since I gotta put a clutch in it, I won't be able to prove anything for at least a month or two. So, I am gonna say we should drop the arguments and call it a day. Agreed?

  8. #548
    Member JayplaySS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    391
    C6 H/C/N20

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I have no proof, just my word. And it isn't good enough. And since I gotta put a clutch in it, I won't be able to prove anything for at least a month or two. So, I am gonna say we should drop the arguments and call it a day. Agreed?
    Agreed.

    What clutch are you going with? I have installed 2 Tex's (nice set up) but I see some guys having great results with the LS7 factory clutch and alluminum fw.

  9. #549
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    I put the carpet back in for looks, but without the factory insulation it was real light anyway. I have taken the whole A/C system, and many other things out also. Almost too much to list, but I would say I have dropped about 300 lbs or so if I had to guesstimate.

    I also threw the cargo flap back in so you couldn't see pewter from the cabin.

    I also pulled all the rubber O seals from underneath the body. (you can see the openings from the first pic) That combined with taking all the sound deadening out =REAL FRICKIN LOUD.
    Last edited by Roastem; 10-27-2007 at 12:27 PM.

  10. #550
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Agreed.

    What clutch are you going with? I have installed 2 Tex's (nice set up) but I see some guys having great results with the LS7 factory clutch and alluminum fw.
    It has a RAM in it right now. I want to see if I can get just a new disc from them and see if I can save some cash, otherwise, I might look into the LS7 setup. Thank you for the advice.

  11. #551
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Here ya go, just when you though Imports were bad, look at these in Japan.......OMG

    http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=1816
    haha

    Never before have I seen an uglier colony of bees.

    Those pipes look antennae on an insect. I wouldn't know if they wanted to race or bite me.

  12. #552
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    E-gads. Not defending or taking anyone's side....but with traction, 97 mph w/400 RWHP is not at all unheard of. My own car went 94.7 in the 1/8th with 355 RWHP @ 3340 lbs. I'm relatively certain I could have gone 97 with another 45-ish rwhp, or if I dropped a couple hundred lbs.

    Now....with really poor traction....the car would need to be pretty light to pick that much speed back up, given the same power.

  13. #553
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    12

    Silver
    99 Camaro

    i think roushes look way killer than the cobras but cobras are da one with the balls.

  14. #554
    Member JayplaySS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    391
    C6 H/C/N20

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    It has a RAM in it right now. I want to see if I can get just a new disc from them and see if I can save some cash, otherwise, I might look into the LS7 setup. Thank you for the advice.

    Yep, thats the cheapest easiest way to go. Just be sure to resurface the flywheel but Im sure you know that. Nothing worse than that chatter all the time.

  15. #555
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    E-gads. Not defending or taking anyone's side....but with traction, 97 mph w/400 RWHP is not at all unheard of. My own car went 94.7 in the 1/8th with 355 RWHP @ 3340 lbs. I'm relatively certain I could have gone 97 with another 45-ish rwhp, or if I dropped a couple hundred lbs.

    Now....with really poor traction....the car would need to be pretty light to pick that much speed back up, given the same power.
    what's your setup? something you're not disclosing? stall, slicks, etc etc...
    dyno numbers are not everything...

  16. #556
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Nothing special. Here's the dyno graph. Car was run on 275/50/15 BFG DRs. T5 tranny. Vid.

  17. #557
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    let me guess, slicks and stripped out car...
    I believe you... but even though you're not heavily modded you have done a lot of weight shaving and running slicks.


  18. #558
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    video is loading so slowly in the beginning it didn't load at all.

  19. #559
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    My friend, those are 275/50/15 BFG Drag Radials (the exact same ones that were on the car for the picture that you posted....and even from the same race, Kansas City in June of 2004). They are required for the class I was racing in (cannot use slicks). Yes, I have removed weight from the car - though it was hardly stripped (for example, still had A/C, nice stereo, real seats, carpet, sound deadner, ABS, etc). The class minimum (for a 4V) was 3325 lbs. I weighed 3340 when I crossed the scales.

    However, what I have or have not removed from my car is fairly irrelevant to the discussion at hand, as the person above stated that he had "gutted it" when referring to his. Given that I was using my car as an example to show that what he posted is possible (ie....97 mph 1/8th MPH w/400 RWHP), you should be able to make the connection.

    As for the video loading slowly....that is well beyond my control, being that it is on www.putfile.com. Perhaps you should upgrade from a dial-up connection?

  20. #560
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Nothing special. Here's the dyno graph. Car was run on 275/50/15 BFG DRs. T5 tranny. Vid.
    Nice drivin' Bob!

    117 trap, that Cobra moves. I wish I would have kept my 01. I would have had a supercharger on it by now, and it would have been paid for.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 824252627282930 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  2. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  3. Mr T facts
    By Nastyfoot in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 05:50 PM
  4. Pinks:All Out [New series, straight heads-up racing]
    By Warbird in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 09:39 PM
  5. facts to ponder
    By Zboner in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 11:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •