Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 824252627282930 LastLast

When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!!

This is a discussion on When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Mr. Luos I am well aware. Just hard to believe without seeing proof. Not saying it didn't ...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I am well aware.
    Just hard to believe without seeing proof. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is hard to believe.
    My car is full weight, about 3800 with me in it. 440 RWHP at altitude. Traps 91MPH here.
    At sea level I make 530RWHP N/A with a solid powerband, and would probably only see 98-99MPH.
    Gutted your car is about what...3200??
    I agree. tell me the car is 2700lbs and he wins the argument.
    anyhow if he really got 97mph at 400rwhp, he should be in the guinness book.
    subject closed Roastem... as it is actually hijacking the thread... thanks.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

this is starting to get old.

next unwarranted comment gets warnings, bans, and whatever else i care to do.

C6 H/C/N20

Roastem just post a few easy pics of your gutted interior. Have you weighed the car? I see you dislike 03 Cobra drivers though just because we want more proof of your claims.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    at 7 minutes, that's my local track i run at. orlando speedworld

Ive never been there but it looks like a great track, its been on Pinks a few too. I wish I was less than 1 hr from my track.

C6 H/C/N20

Here ya go, just when you though Imports were bad, look at these in Japan.......OMG

http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=1816

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I am well aware.
    Just hard to believe without seeing proof. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is hard to believe.
    My car is full weight, about 3800 with me in it. 440 RWHP at altitude. Traps 91MPH here.
    At sea level I make 530RWHP N/A with a solid powerband, and would probably only see 98-99MPH.
    Gutted your car is about what...3200??

Honestly, after putting the 12 bolt in it, I think it is gonna be slower. But I really need to go to a 1/4 mile track with slicks and get an accurate, updated time on the car.

And to the moderator, you can shut this thread down for all I care. It has become what I did not intend.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Roastem just post a few easy pics of your gutted interior. Have you weighed the car? I see you dislike 03 Cobra drivers though just because we want more proof of your claims.
    I have no proof, just my word. And it isn't good enough. And since I gotta put a clutch in it, I won't be able to prove anything for at least a month or two. So, I am gonna say we should drop the arguments and call it a day. Agreed?

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I have no proof, just my word. And it isn't good enough. And since I gotta put a clutch in it, I won't be able to prove anything for at least a month or two. So, I am gonna say we should drop the arguments and call it a day. Agreed?
    Agreed.

What clutch are you going with? I have installed 2 Tex's (nice set up) but I see some guys having great results with the LS7 factory clutch and alluminum fw.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I put the carpet back in for looks, but without the factory insulation it was real light anyway. I have taken the whole A/C system, and many other things out also. Almost too much to list, but I would say I have dropped about 300 lbs or so if I had to guesstimate.

I also threw the cargo flap back in so you couldn't see pewter from the cabin.

I also pulled all the rubber O seals from underneath the body. (you can see the openings from the first pic) That combined with taking all the sound deadening out =REAL FRICKIN LOUD.
    Last edited by Roastem; 10-27-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Agreed.

What clutch are you going with? I have installed 2 Tex's (nice set up) but I see some guys having great results with the LS7 factory clutch and alluminum fw.
    It has a RAM in it right now. I want to see if I can get just a new disc from them and see if I can save some cash, otherwise, I might look into the LS7 setup. Thank you for the advice.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Here ya go, just when you though Imports were bad, look at these in Japan.......OMG

http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=1816
    haha

Never before have I seen an uglier colony of bees.

Those pipes look antennae on an insect. I wouldn't know if they wanted to race or bite me.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

E-gads. Not defending or taking anyone's side....but with traction, 97 mph w/400 RWHP is not at all unheard of. My own car went 94.7 in the 1/8th with 355 RWHP @ 3340 lbs. I'm relatively certain I could have gone 97 with another 45-ish rwhp, or if I dropped a couple hundred lbs.

Now....with really poor traction....the car would need to be pretty light to pick that much speed back up, given the same power.

Silver
    99 Camaro

i think roushes look way killer than the cobras but cobras are da one with the balls.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    It has a RAM in it right now. I want to see if I can get just a new disc from them and see if I can save some cash, otherwise, I might look into the LS7 setup. Thank you for the advice.

Yep, thats the cheapest easiest way to go. Just be sure to resurface the flywheel but Im sure you know that. Nothing worse than that chatter all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    E-gads. Not defending or taking anyone's side....but with traction, 97 mph w/400 RWHP is not at all unheard of. My own car went 94.7 in the 1/8th with 355 RWHP @ 3340 lbs. I'm relatively certain I could have gone 97 with another 45-ish rwhp, or if I dropped a couple hundred lbs.

Now....with really poor traction....the car would need to be pretty light to pick that much speed back up, given the same power.
    what's your setup? something you're not disclosing? stall, slicks, etc etc...
    dyno numbers are not everything...

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Nothing special. Here's the dyno graph. Car was run on 275/50/15 BFG DRs. T5 tranny. Vid.

let me guess, slicks and stripped out car...
    I believe you... but even though you're not heavily modded you have done a lot of weight shaving and running slicks.

video is loading so slowly in the beginning it didn't load at all.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

My friend, those are 275/50/15 BFG Drag Radials (the exact same ones that were on the car for the picture that you posted....and even from the same race, Kansas City in June of 2004). They are required for the class I was racing in (cannot use slicks). Yes, I have removed weight from the car - though it was hardly stripped (for example, still had A/C, nice stereo, real seats, carpet, sound deadner, ABS, etc). The class minimum (for a 4V) was 3325 lbs. I weighed 3340 when I crossed the scales.

However, what I have or have not removed from my car is fairly irrelevant to the discussion at hand, as the person above stated that he had "gutted it" when referring to his. Given that I was using my car as an example to show that what he posted is possible (ie....97 mph 1/8th MPH w/400 RWHP), you should be able to make the connection.

As for the video loading slowly....that is well beyond my control, being that it is on www.putfile.com. Perhaps you should upgrade from a dial-up connection?

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Nothing special. Here's the dyno graph. Car was run on 275/50/15 BFG DRs. T5 tranny. Vid.
    Nice drivin' Bob!

117 trap, that Cobra moves. I wish I would have kept my 01. I would have had a supercharger on it by now, and it would have been paid for.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 824252627282930 LastLast

Thread Information