Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 72324252627282930 LastLast

When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!!

This is a discussion on When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Since we need another direction, check out these guys running from the cops. The guys in the 2nd vid have ...

C6 H/C/N20

Since we need another direction, check out these guys running from the cops. The guys in the 2nd vid have HUGE BALLS to do that sheet.

Cobra outruns cops.

Crazy guys and Traffic Cops!
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...24358047801465

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

That was crazy!

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    at 7 minutes, that's my local track i run at. orlando speedworld

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

so then he posts the 11.7 he got after adding the whipple

hahah

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    i ran 7.3@97mph with 455rwhp - 478rwtq with 3800+lbs race weight.
    (1.68 60')
    my 60' is 1.95, 1.6 is what I am looking for still newbie at track... but yeah that'd put me in the 7.4 neighbourhood as well. good run!

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

[QUOTE=Roastem;271111]

Man you need to get some tires on your car and get that 60ft down.. Our 1/8 isn't that far apart I'm JUST 4/10ths faster @ 8.0 @ 86.22 mph with a 1.74 60 ft. If you are running 94 mph in the 1/8 mile and you can get your 60ft down to say 1.6-1.7 then in the 1/4 you would in the low-mid 11's @ some where around 122-123 mph..

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Not that I even care but Im pretty sure youre just throwing numbers around. You are trying to say you ran 97.4 mph with a 2.0+ 60' (no traction) ?? Is that what youre saying? With only 404rwhp? I had 420-430rwhp never dynoed after the last cam TSP 239/600 and I had a 1.77 60' and still only ran 93 mph at the 1/8 and went 11.40 @121. That was a strong run for a DD with only 420rwhp on DR's.

You ran faster than that with LESS POWER and LESS TRACTION......??
    HO hum, I have just been BS'd my a couple of cobra drifters. Then the LS1 guys come right behind and second them, that is just depressing. I don't have the slip, can't post it. But it ran back to back 97.4 traps. The best was the 8.3, the other was a high 8 or low 9 b/c I had to back out of it in second.

I ain't bullshitter boys, that is what the trap speed said. Back to back, EXACT. I was happy, even if you cobra guys aren't. Hell, it trapped 89 with full weight, cam, gears, and full boltons.

But talk is cheap. My clutch has finally started to slip under full power applications. Time to get a new one. But I will tell you 03 turdburglars this, when I get the new clutch in it, I am going to Rockingham dragway to get a time on her in the 1/4, and hopefully the 03 boys will represent. I don't know if I want a piece of a KB cobra without a power adder of some sort on the LS1, but I can handle a Eaton supercharged one without NOS easily.

doodad, respect is earned. You put my car in the rear view with yours, and that is the best way to earn it. That said, this is internet racing, and is thus BS by nature. And no, I don't expect to set up some kind of stupid race where one has to drive 4 hours or some garbage. No thanks, I am sure I can find some 03 competition in the area, already have.

My car barely resembles its factory form, so why throw stock specs at me, run what you brung. A good shadetree mechanic can make anything fast.

doodad, do you remember the first post in this thread? It was mainly about respect for Cobra's and identifying threats. Kind of silly for you to assume I was dissing the 03 dontcha think?

ok... if you say so... I believe in a time slip just me...

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by odarabla View Post

Man you need to get some tires on your car and get that 60ft down.. Our 1/8 isn't that far apart I'm JUST 4/10ths faster @ 8.0 @ 86.22 mph with a 1.74 60 ft. If you are running 94 mph in the 1/8 mile and you can get your 60ft down to say 1.6-1.7 then in the 1/4 you would in the low-mid 11's @ some where around 122-123 mph..
    I need slicks. I tried using trackbite, but it only hooked up to the top of first with a granny launch, and shredded 'em through second.

I have a good feeling it will put down a low 7 with drags, and a perfect run. In the 1/4 prolly around low 11's at around the 125 range. Fast enough for a street car IMO.

Sure KB guys can slap 650 to the ground, (and break the bank doing it), and put down a mid 10 at an unreal 134 something mph. They are faster than me, and I am proud to say it! Long live American muscle. I don't really want to run 10's, that sounds like a real dangerous street car. I will be happy with my low 11, 26 mpg, 120+ mph trap, and PAID FOR street rod.
    Last edited by mrr23; 10-27-2007 at 06:10 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    ok... if you say so... I believe in a time slip just me...
    haha, you don't think someone can doctor a time slip?

The best thing to do is to meet them at a local dragstrip and show them firsthand.

Anyway, there is a mustang guy here who I am gonna meet at Rockingham sometime for a grudgematch. Mach1Mustang. He has a procharged Mach1. I guess we are gonna touch em up after I get the new clutch installed.

He might have a video camera, he might not. I will be sure to get some "slips" while I am there. But I think his word would carry more weight.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    haha, you don't think someone can doctor a time slip?
    experienced speaking!

please tell me you are calling BS to my 11.3 run so i can OWN you by giving you a link where a good 7-8 hardcore dragracers watching me going down to 1/4 mile from a local board.

anyway man, I won't get in an arguement with you. even if your car runs 9s, at the end, you are still gay!

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

I ran a termy tonight. Red lighted, spun, then he took off (bracket racing) and we ended up starting relatively even. I was off the throttle, but he pulled up right behind me and i floored it again and took off - downshifted into 1st. He pulled about 2 cars on me before I realized it was a lost cause and time to go home... I was unimpressed. He showed me a dyno before the race where he made 480 hp too, on a pulley, intake headers... nothing more than bolt-ons!

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    I ran a termy tonight. Red lighted, spun, then he took off (bracket racing) and we ended up starting relatively even. I was off the throttle, but he pulled up right behind me and i floored it again and took off - downshifted into 1st. He pulled about 2 cars on me before I realized it was a lost cause and time to go home... I was unimpressed. He showed me a dyno before the race where he made 480 hp too, on a pulley, intake headers... nothing more than bolt-ons!
    that's what they call stage I... pulley, catback, tune... kind of like full exhaust, lid, tune in our world.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

experienced speaking!

please tell me you are calling BS to my 11.3 run so i can OWN you by giving you a link where a good 7-8 hardcore dragracers watching me going down to 1/4 mile from a local board.

anyway man, I won't get in an arguement with you. even if your car runs 9s, at the end, you are still gay!
    And the mods are on your side? What a sad state this website has become. It is no longer for pro-chevy, LS1 guys, but backs ford loving, immature, and wholly unpleasant individuals who would just as soon shat on an LS1 than own it.

Please, continue your LS1 bashing ford guys. It is well disguised, but bashing none the less.

Thanks for ruining MY THREAD by the way doodad, I will repay the favor. For a guy who looks like he is 120 lbs soaking wet, you sure have a big mouth.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Simply hard to believe your 97MPH trap.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

experienced speaking!

OH yeah, and a big fat BS to your 11.3 run, and your doctored time slip. What did you do, find a bag of slips at the dragstrip, dig through them till you found the one you wanted to post as your own? POSER

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Simply hard to believe your 97MPH trap.
    OK it didn't run anything. I have never been to a race track ever. I always lie about everything. I don't even own an LS1. That is my grandmothers modded Z28. I wouldn't race a car if I had to. I don't know how to drive a stick.

03 Cobras are gods gift to mankind. Fords are awesome. I wish I could own one. doodad and jayplay are the best guys ever, would only speak the truth. Their cobras are so fast, LS1's could only dream of such power. With minimal mods too. Wow they are great, aren't they?

Why would anyone bother to get an LS1, they are inferior in every aspect to the awe-inspiring TERMINATOR.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I am gonna be sick...
    Last edited by Roastem; 10-27-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I think you seriously misunderstood me.
    I am not on either side. I own an LSx Trans Am.
    But nothing wrong with the Cobra. Good power made with little $$.

As a guy that races, I have trouble believing a 400RWHP car got to 97MPH in the 1/8 mile is all. Unless the car weighs 2700 pounds.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I gutted it. The other guy I was racing had a red LS2 GTO, unknown mods, he trapped 93 mph.

Besides, it is power under the curve and not peak numbers, you know that.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I am well aware.
    Just hard to believe without seeing proof. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is hard to believe.
    My car is full weight, about 3800 with me in it. 440 RWHP at altitude. Traps 91MPH here.
    At sea level I make 530RWHP N/A with a solid powerband, and would probably only see 98-99MPH.
    Gutted your car is about what...3200??

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 72324252627282930 LastLast

Thread Information