Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!!

This is a discussion on When Racing Cobra's, have your FACTS STRAIGHT!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Good to talk to you again You were/are so full of real world race knowledge. and all i did was,.. ...

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Good to talk to you again

You were/are so full of real world race knowledge.
    and all i did was,.. yap.yapity yap

back on target... so this thread is talking about the GT500

well....and i aint trying to start nothing...but my Goats best run (the 04)
    when all the ENGINE mods were (1)100shot..and suspension mods were drag springs and Koni's MT's i ran a GT500 my 12.14 to his dismal 12.62..

granted it never ran that low. 12.3 consistant and such so i head cammed and headered it with a porter ls2 intake and 90mm tb.... and dropped the spray to a 70-80 shot...we are guessing,,,,,we

and i do not think he was bone stock....dr's at least. some exhaust

Bob like you said...for the money....i can do much better.

FWD. sucks balls....but i built a beastly srt.....so i try my best...

Its 2 different driving styles....i think driving the fwD helps abit...i modulate better because of it.

yeah don't hold back.....fwd...... well if you can be fast off the dig with it..ou .ycan be fast period.

my heavy traps 125 -126 are with awesome 1.88..
    1.79.....surely i though i broke an axle

lol

Bob do't try and remeber...it was bad.....the worst. you rememeber now.
    funny how parenal death changes a man.

i race for the pure enjoyment.
    i'm gonna rid myslef of the =little skittle and get a WS6...having 3 poncho's would be cool.

you are a connected guy...the skittle is done correctly and NOT being pushed to its componentry limits.
    they just are light and have gobs of Hp and torque,

pm me if you can help with getting the skittle traded, look away from the front wheels and you have a nightmare car...( you know what i mean)
    Last edited by napper; 09-26-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    Thanks. At the begginign of the video, in the mods list, i mentioned that i was on 26" slicks.
    My bad, slicks and a good driver make a hell of a difference. Still, 11.3 with a 1000 in mods is one hell of an accomplishment.

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Good number..

i being a bit of a light "spray user".... always under 100...

could easily see drag radials...a NX/ NO/system with a 175 maybe 200 shot progressive controller and you'd be right there.

why is everyone so scared or look down on spary... cramming oxygen molecules is just what s/c and T/c does.

Not saying you did it that way but.....why not.

if my fat ass LS1 thats right LS1 gto almost ran the 12 flat with 100 shot... but i really did set upp th suspension....off the spray same suspension with just an intake and catback..12.90..
    Yeah an LS1

ya see boys.....my M6 has over 150 hp on the A4.....and its a close race till just b4 say 800 mark.

and no my present 04 setup runs quite a bit faster than 12.1 try 11.4 with great connsistancy.

hey does it count i payed 15k for the car A4 04?
    had all the spare parts...ls2 milled heads old cam, intake mani, injectors, headers, ect ect.
    tht now for under 2k in mods it runs what that guy uns 11.4 11.3....once a 11.28.

lets not get into this......the bra or GT500 or whatever sc stang yur talking about ...aren't real impressive out of the box....

i've seen my friend take a zo6 off the lot drive around to get dr's and run 11.4's now thats damn impressive.....intake and headers.....boom 10's

look at my beleoved GTO's fat slow pigs....ahh but tap into the right combo of suspension and
    lsx mods and sudenly these heavy behomeths are runnign low 12's 2 fly 11.8

my 06 i won't publically publish....all i'll say is i ahve 621 whp and every suspension mod the stage 2 track suspension has and more..
    it can stop . turn and hall some serous ass.

but i spent alot to get there.....but now the spending is done.

it took 12 k into the Srt4 i have to make 447 whp...of course i did it all...susspnesion to brakes

and its awesome 1.9 60' just kills me!!!!
    rolling race and we have a different show altogether.

any 500 whp cobra wanna roll with me...lol

i see where this thread is going.

Stock the cobra is not impresive...period.....
    anyone saying anthing else aint telling themselves the truth.

the Zo6 now thats dam impressive.
    Last edited by napper; 09-27-2007 at 05:34 AM.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by napper View Post

12.7 ain't impressive for a stock car which costs 22k?

bugatti veyron runs 9s stock and that is damn impressive but it costs 1million bucks.

stock z06s runs low 11s and costs 60-70k. come on, get into reality.

Black
    2000 Z-28

11.3@122mph upper only, non ported, no lower, full weight, 6-speed, IRS cobra here.

I only spent straight $1000 on mods.

here is the video:
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...ad00c04a3c.htm
    as well as $30k+ on the car if you bought it brand new.

Red?
    2001 Z28

[QUOTE=doodad;1037747]12.7 ain't impressive for a stock car which costs 22k?
    $22,000? It must be nice to shop for a car in IL. A fellow who works for me has been looking for a Termi for about 6 months now. He has checked out 7 of them so far, and I went along with him to see three. The cheapest one we've found was $24,999.00, and the guy wouldn't go any lower. That car was an '03 with just over 43,000 miles, and the condition of that car made it appear considerably older. From what I've seen, one had better plan on dropping 27-plus for a pretty nice one around here.

Comparing the price of a used Cobra to a new C6 ZO6 is ludicrous. I've never understood why so many people choose that approach on these enthusiast forums. Perhaps they believe that by choosing to invoke an apples-to-oranges comparison, such guidelines offer a better opportunity to, in their minds, quantify their point of view. There are numerous reasons why it simply isn't logical to compare a Termi to a new ZO6. Certainly the price of a new Z06 is well beyond the realm of financial feasibility for the majority of enthusiasts. Certainly the price of a new ZO6 is much greater than the original sticker price of the new Termis. *For a point of reference, in the 8/02 issue of MM&FF magazine, Jim Campisano quoted the estimated price of a new '03 Cobra at $35,000 for the coupe, and $38,000 for the ragtop. However, one must also take into consideration what is included in that price. Stock for stock, the ZO6 is FAR superior to a Terminator in every performance aspect. Sure you can add a KB to the Cobra, turn up the boost, and spank the Vette. Even after this, however, the Vette will still badly outhandle and outbrake the Cobra. Even if you were to dump the money into the suspension and brakes to bring them up to ZO6 standards, you're still carrying around all that extra weight, and you're still driving a Mustang. This isn't even taking into consideration what the Vette is capable of once its owner gets serious about modifying it.
    Even at the price people are asking for them in my area, the Termis are a performance bargain, I respect them, and I credit Ford for finally getting it right. Be that as it may, the C6 ZO6s inhabit a spot on the automotive food chain that is WELL beyond a Cobra's grasp, and the ZO6 is a much better car. I'll grant you that it should be for the price, but I, for one, feel the Vette is well worth the money.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Well said Knighty!

C6 H/C/N20

Good number..

i being a bit of a light "spray user".... always under 100...

could easily see drag radials...a NX/ NO/system with a 175 maybe 200 shot progressive controller and you'd be right there.

why is everyone so scared or look down on spary... cramming oxygen molecules is just what s/c and T/c does.

Not saying you did it that way but.....why not.

if my fat ass LS1 thats right LS1 gto almost ran the 12 flat with 100 shot... but i really did set upp th suspension....off the spray same suspension with just an intake and catback..12.90..
    Yeah an LS1

ya see boys.....my M6 has over 150 hp on the A4.....and its a close race till just b4 say 800 mark.

and no my present 04 setup runs quite a bit faster than 12.1 try 11.4 with great connsistancy.

hey does it count i payed 15k for the car A4 04?
    had all the spare parts...ls2 milled heads old cam, intake mani, injectors, headers, ect ect.
    tht now for under 2k in mods it runs what that guy uns 11.4 11.3....once a 11.28.

lets not get into this......the bra or GT500 or whatever sc stang yur talking about ...aren't real impressive out of the box....

i've seen my friend take a zo6 off the lot drive around to get dr's and run 11.4's now thats damn impressive.....intake and headers.....boom 10's

look at my beleoved GTO's fat slow pigs....ahh but tap into the right combo of suspension and
    lsx mods and sudenly these heavy behomeths are runnign low 12's 2 fly 11.8

my 06 i won't publically publish....all i'll say is i ahve 621 whp and every suspension mod the stage 2 track suspension has and more..
    it can stop . turn and hall some serous ass.

but i spent alot to get there.....but now the spending is done.

it took 12 k into the Srt4 i have to make 447 whp...of course i did it all...susspnesion to brakes

and its awesome 1.9 60' just kills me!!!!
    rolling race and we have a different show altogether.

any 500 whp cobra wanna roll with me...lol

i see where this thread is going.

Hey man, Im in S. FL and id be delighted to run you for fun. Im over 500rwhp though.

[QUOTE=Knight Stalker;1037781]
    12.7 ain't impressive for a stock car which costs 22k?
    $22,000? It must be nice to shop for a car in IL. A fellow who works for me has been looking for a Termi for about 6 months now. He has checked out 7 of them so far, and I went along with him to see three. The cheapest one we've found was $24,999.00, and the guy wouldn't go any lower. That car was an '03 with just over 43,000 miles, and the condition of that car made it appear considerably older. From what I've seen, one had better plan on dropping 27-plus for a pretty nice one around here.

Comparing the price of a used Cobra to a new C6 ZO6 is ludicrous. I've never understood why so many people choose that approach on these enthusiast forums. Perhaps they believe that by choosing to invoke an apples-to-oranges comparison, such guidelines offer a better opportunity to, in their minds, quantify their point of view. There are numerous reasons why it simply isn't logical to compare a Termi to a new ZO6. Certainly the price of a new Z06 is well beyond the realm of financial feasibility for the majority of enthusiasts. Certainly the price of a new ZO6 is much greater than the original sticker price of the new Termis. *For a point of reference, in the 8/02 issue of MM&FF magazine, Jim Campisano quoted the estimated price of a new '03 Cobra at $35,000 for the coupe, and $38,000 for the ragtop. However, one must also take into consideration what is included in that price. Stock for stock, the ZO6 is FAR superior to a Terminator in every performance aspect. Sure you can add a KB to the Cobra, turn up the boost, and spank the Vette. Even after this, however, the Vette will still badly outhandle and outbrake the Cobra. Even if you were to dump the money into the suspension and brakes to bring them up to ZO6 standards, you're still carrying around all that extra weight, and you're still driving a Mustang. This isn't even taking into consideration what the Vette is capable of once its owner gets serious about modifying it.
    Even at the price people are asking for them in my area, the Termis are a performance bargain, I respect them, and I credit Ford for finally getting it right. Be that as it may, the C6 ZO6s inhabit a spot on the automotive food chain that is WELL beyond a Cobra's grasp, and the ZO6 is a much better car. I'll grant you that it should be for the price, but I, for one, feel the Vette is well worth the money.

that was the respond to a guy who said stock cobras aren't impressive. that was a very ignorant post! i would trade my car into a z06 today. nothing against Z06s. my point is, there are very impressive stock cars but only wealthy can afford them. if you ask me impressive good street cars and most people can afford, i say cobras, LS1s, Mach1s and there are a couple imports but i am a die hard American Muscle fan.

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Stck Terminators werent impressive to me...when they wer new ..it was a genearl magazine stuggle to get them into the 12's.. they were typically in the lowest 13's possible

i think an important point is that alot of zo6 guys, Ferrarri guys, Porsche guys aren't real car guys...( porportionally) they just happen to have speedy cars as a byproduct of their successsful lives.

dumb post.....the terminator is cool. is it the coolest.? probably not. Always something comes along.

now where did i leave my fob for ls3 vette!!?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

i love the books you guys leave for posts

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Hey man, Im in S. FL and id be delighted to run you for fun. Im over 500rwhp though.
    PM me...

if you come to me. and i can run cooler. Yeah i'll give 500+ a try..

It will be Swell!!

You'll have the camera right?

PM me...

It will be Swell!!

I don't think you stand a chance against a 2.8 KB cobra but it would be nice to see you guys run !

C6 H/C/N20

PM me...

It will be Swell!!

Where are you located? What city?

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Where are you located? What city?

dude, please do this. i wanna see video!!!

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

+1

Blue/Red/ Silver
    08z06,06GTO,04GTO,5BUSA

nobody said a 2.8 KB.. with over 500. how muh over...
    Naw...i aint given up a cheap win...i'm like 427 hot.....i'm fast but not down a 100 hp.

that aint right.

still though...i promise some sort of shock. lol.

tonight by 9pm on the tunrpike ...i know the captain. can you make it?

for the record the 3076 spools early and spools strongly.... a 50 trim with 60 trim power levels. + the 7200 redline.....and i like its chances. especially cammed.

anyway its for fun..i have nothing to lose....except an adrenalin rush...even th loser gets one.
    Last edited by napper; 09-30-2007 at 02:42 PM.

C6 H/C/N20

nobody said a 2.8 KB.. with over 500. how muh over...
    Naw...i aint given up a cheap win...i'm like 427 hot.....i'm fast but not down a 100 hp.

that aint right.

still though...i promise some sort of shock. lol.

tonight by 9pm on the tunrpike ...i know the captain. can you make it?

for the record the 3076 spools early and spools strongly.... a 50 trim with 60 trim power levels. + the 7200 redline.....and i like its chances. especially cammed.

anyway its for fun..i have nothing to lose....except an adrenalin rush...even th loser gets one.

I can do it next weekend no problem Fri/Sat night. Just give me a better idea where you are. Turnpike at what exit? I'll have my wife ride with me and tape it.

You want to bring the GTO or the SRT-4?

Black
    99 SS

god, that was like reading a novel, lol

someone finally got the stock Z06 into the 10's

termi 03-04 I only raced 3 of them in my life,

1st race... I was ls1 motor, just exhaust and pulley... got killed fast,

then since 402 ls2 full bolt ons:
    I race 1 termi modded about 470rwhp, it was close I had a 2 cars on him by 90...

then recently 45-135mph I race a stage I termi (pulley, catback, tune about 440rwhp) I murdered him 6-7 cars...

termis are hard to mess with on the street, some crank up the s/c to 700rwhp with the engine internals forged and stuff... they are mean.

at the track, throw a 4000 stall, good suspension and stickie tires and you do well with few bolt ons.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information