Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

When are the Mustang boys going to learn?

This is a discussion on When are the Mustang boys going to learn? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; the differences i can think or are the 3.55 gear, heads/cams are different. we also have a forged crank compaired ...

Blue
    04 Mach 1

the differences i can think or are the 3.55 gear, heads/cams are different. we also have a forged crank compaired to the cast one. i know there are a few more things but i am running late for work!

Quote Originally Posted by jre99z28 View Post

Dont tell all of the LS1 Guys this but I would probably trade my Z28 for a 03-04 Cobra tomorow if I could afford it, one of those things are a pulley and exhaust away from 11 seconds (or something rediculous like that). Seems like I remember reading in a MM&FF magazine years back where they took one and spent $600 to $700 and got it into the high 10's (unless I am remembering wrong) But hey there is a million things I can do to the Z28 to get it to go down a track (but I am sure I will never see low 11's and definately not 10's I dont have that kind of cash flow.
    Holy shit I never believed it, but I guess its true.

Why do people constantly miss spell this word?

Red
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post

Sorry (Ridiculous) I stand corrected.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    the differences i can think or are the 3.55 gear, heads/cams are different. we also have a forged crank compaired to the cast one. i know there are a few more things but i am running late for work!
    99/01 Cobras also have a forged crank . Auto Mach 1s have a cast crank. They all have the same hyperpathetic pistons (which is the weak point when adding N2O, a blower, etc).

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post

Hmmm....probably for the same reason that a very few people "miss spell" the word misspell.

Red

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    99/01 Cobras also have a forged crank . Auto Mach 1s have a cast crank. They all have the same hyperpathetic pistons (which is the weak point when adding N2O, a blower, etc).
    Hypereutectic... Sorry I had to.

Red

99/01 Cobras also have a forged crank . Auto Mach 1s have a cast crank.
    What about 5 speed Mach 1's?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Hypereutectic... Sorry I had to.
    LOL. "Hyperpathetic" is a made-up internet term that has been thrown around for a long time, and references the very low tolerance for detonation that the hypereutectic pistons are known for. It is used intentionally.

M5 Machs have forged cranks.

Red

LOL. "Hyperpathetic" is a made-up internet term that has been thrown around for a long time, and references the very low tolerance for detonation that the hypereutectic pistons are known for. It is used intentionally.

M5 Machs have forged cranks.
    Oh I see. I didtn realize how he really spelled the word. If I would have saw the "pathetic" part of the word I would have got it.

2009 Corvette ZO6

LMAO @ this freaking thread....

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Ok maby, "I just beat a mustang today" would have been a better title to the thread.l I am just havng trouble understanding why I am taking shit for posting a story about beating an ass who was driving (ok, let me re-phrase, one of the few slow 5.0's out there) because all it seems as though some people have posted on here that is just offended that I ever mentioned the word mustang. And yes you are correct they can either have 200hp or 700hp and you wont know until its too late but obviously this one was closer to the 200hp mark. So why would he pick a race and then stare me down at the next stop like he was pissed because I beat him. It's like picking a fight you dont go find someone who you know would whop you and start a fight with him and then be mad about it in the end. I was smart enough to know who I could and who I couldnt race and I still am now, i know I am not invencible there are plenty of cars out there faster than a 99 Z28. I dont start races with Vettes or Cobras (I dont even see many Mach 1's out there so I wouldnt know either way with that one). Damn why do I have to explain why I posted a sory in the Kills section on LS1.com of winning a friendly little street race. this I will never know. Maby it started with asking someone in the beginning if I could see a dyno sheet. Heck if someone asked me for my dyno sheet I would gladly show him or her. the day after I went to the Dyno guys at work asked me how it went and I told the results and quite a few of them asked if they could see the sheet and I gladly showed it to them. I am sorry for asking if it was 316 guestimated HP or dyno proven but the reason I asked it that way is because I have known of many people to talk hypathetically about HP.

Your having a hard time on here because this site is full of delusional mustang owners that belong on svo.com instead of trolling aroung on ls1.com trying to convince ls1 owners that mustangs are faster than what they really are in the real world. When the facts get layed down the mustang owners retreat to comparing a supercharged cobra to a naturally aspirated camaro and talk shit about how fast the blwn cobra is and how bad ass it is when it can only barely beat a stock naturally aspirated camaro. I don't even waste my breath trying to educate imbeciles on here I just do my spanking of mustangs on the street. I have at least 6 kills on new gt mustangs in which I put several lengths on them, but on here the mustang guys would swear that they are as fast or faster than ls1 camaro's, what a joke. I know this is going to piss some guys off but i'm sick of hearing this crap on here.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    I actually only paid $23,000 for my Mach brand-new.

FWIW, I've not put that much money into it & it out-performs a new ZO6 at the track so I consider it a performance "Bargain".

Bro you must be smoking crack. Your actually saying that your bolt on mach 1 with 330ish rwhp can beat a new 505 horse z06. You are aware that even with a crappy driver that they can run 11's. Even with my grandma driving a z06 could spank a bolt on mach and she's dead. With drag radials a guy went high 10's in a new z06 otherwise stock. I'll tell you what lets see a video of your mach beating a new z06 with even a halfway competent driver. Unless u are spraying or something thats a joke.THe new z06's spank blwn 03 and 04 cobras easy and they are way faster than a mach 1.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. Hmmm....how quick do you think a 'bolt-on' Mach 1 could be?

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

M-must
    U-use
    S-supercharger
    T-to reach
    A-aspirated
    N-natural
    G-gm power

I think it goes like that.....?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

LOL. Hmmm....how quick do you think a 'bolt-on' Mach 1 could be?

Oh im sure that full bolt on stripped down mach's with 4.30 gears on slicks have gone 11's with the right driver and setup, but i'm talking about homeboys mach with 330ish rwhp said he could beat a new z06. I want to see a video. Not trying to be mean but lets get real. Plus guys don't make the mistake of trying to front on me with bogus info cause I build and race ls1
    s for a living and have owned and worked on several mustangs also and know what they have and the differences. Sorry if I came off rude to the mustang guys there are some fast mustangs but I just get sick of people presenting things in a better light for the mustangs than in reality, in other words saying things that are full of bs. Peace and good kills to the thread starter.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

So if "homeboy mach with 330ish rwhp" (that would be Angus) could run....I don't know....say....11.3's....would that be enough to beat a stock C6 Z06?

And we all have credentials.

I'll leave it at that.

Red

Just curious, How many of the mustang owners on this thread have driven or even ridden in an LS1 powered car?
    It only took a ride around the block in my Z28 to convince me to buy. May sound dumb but I couldnt test drive the car because I couldnt find my drivers license and had to buy a car b/c i had just lost mine in hurricane katrina so I had to settle for a "test ride" instead of a test drive but, that was enough for me. Now I approach this Ford vs Chevy war with battle scars from both sides. I must admit that no other car I have driven runs like an LS1.

Another thing that I kinda like is that when I see another camaro on the road I can say, "Hey, I have not seen a Navy Blue Metallic Z28 in a while" or "Wow, I have never seen crome 10 spoke SS rims on a Hugger Orange SS before, that looks sweet". Where as with the Mustang it is more like, "Hey look, another Mineral Grey Mustang GT" or "Hey, there is a mustang to my left one to my right and two more behind me"
    I needed a little change
    Last edited by jre99z28; 01-27-2007 at 11:28 PM.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

mustangs will never learn, their love for their cars has them disillusioned.
    Termin8ors are something to worry about but besides that nah. The last gen gts put down like 230 to the wheel. Um yeah, fast.
    My buddy when he had his cobalt ss/sc was spanking the new gt's bad.
    I understand how guys who love their cars would love to think it is faster than what it is. I raced my buddies 03 gt a while back before i had any mods and i had god knows how many cars on him but it was bad, his heart was broken. On the other hand i have a friend who has a 700+rwhp cobra, 96 i think.
    Any car can be made to go fast, but it takes more work for a mustang to get to the level of camaro.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    mustangs will never learn, their love for their cars has them disillusioned.
    Termin8ors are something to worry about but besides that nah. The last gen gts put down like 230 to the wheel. Um yeah, fast.
    My buddy when he had his cobalt ss/sc was spanking the new gt's bad.
    I understand how guys who love their cars would love to think it is faster than what it is. I raced my buddies 03 gt a while back before i had any mods and i had god knows how many cars on him but it was bad, his heart was broken. On the other hand i have a friend who has a 700+rwhp cobra, 96 i think.
    Any car can be made to go fast, but it takes more work for a mustang to get to the level of camaro.
    Well put, Sir. That was my stand on the whole thing when I started this thread and someone took offense and thought that I was disrespecting another guy's Mach 1. It was never about a Mach 1 or a Cobra or a Fox that has $25,000 worth of mods. My z28 is virtually stock and all the mustangs that try to race me are stock as well. Even when I was a die hard 19 yr old (who thought that Mustangs walked on water) knew better than to race an LS1 powered car.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Sold a 98 Cobra to buy my last LS1 - a 99 T/A. A couple of very minor bolt-ons, 12.8 @ 110. Nice, fast car. Just didn't trip my trigger. Sold that to buy a 99 Cobra.

Some of ya'll do need to get off your holier-than-thou attitude. Similarly, some of the Mustang guys here do have quite the chip on their shoulder.

But anyway, seeing as I've had Mustangs before, I'm going to sit back in my "disillusioned" (sic) corner now so I can be schooled about Camaro's by a know-it-all kid with an SS.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information