Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what would it take to beat a c6

i have a 2000 trans am a4 with 3500 stall, 3.73's, pulleys, exhaust, lid, and lil crap like theromsthat and coolent bypass would that be enough to beat a stock c6 vette? if not what would im not sayin nitrous but bolt on wise

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

my friends turbo'd cavaler beat one lol.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Sorry to say I dont think you will come close to beating one of those with your mods. I'd say a cam and a tune w/ some DRs would take one. Those cars come out with 400fwhp and weigh less than our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by therobman View Post
    i have a 2000 trans am a4 with 3500 stall, 3.73's, pulleys, exhaust, lid, and lil crap like theromsthat and coolent bypass would that be enough to beat a stock c6 vette? if not what would im not sayin nitrous but bolt on wise

They arent THAT fast, you should be able to take him or be very close with all the bolt-ons. A cam and youd walk him.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

my car completely destroys c6's now with lt headers and ory, gears, free mods, weight reduction and a few bolt ons. My car is an m6. Do you have lt headers, you probably have almost enough if you have headers you should be able to start taking them. i walk c5 zo6's now easily also which are a hair faster than a regular c6 vette.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    my car completely destroys c6's now with lt headers and ory, gears, free mods, weight reduction and a few bolt ons. My car is an m6. Do you have lt headers, you probably have almost enough if you have headers you should be able to start taking them. i walk c5 zo6's now easily also which are a hair faster than a regular c6 vette.
    You also have a bullet proof drive train or so it seems lol. You have said that you launch at 5 grand which is insane id say that gives you a badass advantage on almost any car. I know cant afford it but I wish I could.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    You also have a bullet proof drive train or so it seems lol. You have said that you launch at 5 grand which is insane id say that gives you a badass advantage on almost any car. I know cant afford it but I wish I could.

yea that launch is pretty nasty, I was actually going off the limiter at 6100! My new rear end is a little hurt already though it has a little howl to it but i'm preparing my 9 inch with 4.56 posi with the conversion brackets for the 3 link setup as we speak. Still though I can beat c6's on a roll also, but my car for it's small amount of mods is a little above average but some of that could be accounted for by my 150 pound weight reduction. only reason I can afford it is cause I do all the work on my car in house at my shop Cuccaro Motorsports, including building the rear differential. Don't worry though i'm plagued with the same weak 10 bolt right now as most of yall as i'm on my third one right now. It's just that I have spare gears and posi's so i'm not to worried if I break it, plus I know little tricks to getting those rear ends to hold better. Ultimately though even If the specs are blueprinted and perfect on that little 10 bolt it is possible to flex the housing leaving on slicks and will result in losing the correct gear mesh or unloading the pinion bearing crush collar preload. Good luck to the thread starter on takin down some c6's, the look on the vette owners face is priceless when an fbody totally dominates them, i take pride in suckering in unsuspecting vette owners into racing my camaro! I mean come on the vette is supposed to be faster right is what they were thinkin probably than I blow by them like nothing.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 03-03-2007 at 10:21 PM.

yellow
    05 ram srt 10

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...a8010ace2f.htm

here is me and my wife,,, I am the srt 10 and that is her 05 c6,,,,,but in this vid she was trying different launches,,,,,,,now she is pretty tough , she puts it in competive mode and bumps up the gears "its a automatic"

but since this vid I have did some mods and when i get a good launch , I walk her up to about 90 , then she comes back real hard

Black
    98 Trans Am

A stock C6 automatic runs high 12's with traps a little 110 in the 1/4.

With your mods you should beat one at a stoplight...and be right with it in the 1/4...but the C6 will wave from a roll or on the highway. They have a bout 350rwhp and weigh 3200lbs.

Black
    98 Trans Am

lt headers and ory, gears, free mods, weight reduction and a few bolt ons. My car is an m6. i walk c5 zo6's now easily also which are a hair faster than a regular c6 vette.
    You aren't going to walk a C5 Z06 with a good driver with just those mods. They can run high 11's and trap over 115.

my next mod plans to be long tube headers and ory + tune so im hopeing to be atleast next to one

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by F&Ybodlover View Post
    You aren't going to walk a C5 Z06 with a good driver with just those mods. They can run high 11's and trap over 115.

Are you serious, you really want to try and raise the bs flag on me. What a joke kid. Not only have I beaten a c5 zo6, but i've beaten several of them in several different scenarios. There is more to racing then theoretical horsepower numbers. Now with my new mods it wouldnt even be a fair race with a zo6 against me.
    You should be more careful about calling the bs flag on people you don't even know son, I build and race ls1's and camaro's for a living and my car is exceptionally fast for it's mods cause they are chosen carefully and done with the right combinations, it's not about how much money and crap you can throw at a car and huge hp numbers its about having the right combination of parts tuned properly and being able to put that down with right tires and suspension. My car was already running low 12's before my headers, ory and wet 150 shot, no track times yet on new mods but ran good against 10 second camaro the other night. My car also has a 150 pound weight reduction. Watch and see in the kills section trying to get some vids up by tomorrow of me racing against a 10 second supercharged stroker camaro that I built for one of my customers, with me having full lt headers now and on a 150 shot!
    Dont make assumptions when you don't know what car or person you are talking to or about, just spare yourself the embarresment because in reality you have no clue how fast my car is or anything about it really except for your non educated preconceived notions about what you think you know about c5 zo6's and my camaro. Besides the theoretical numbers that you are quoting for the c5 zo6 are probably from gm high tech are under ideal conditions at sea level with a pro driver most guys see mid 12's out of those cars at sea level, at altitude people see 13's. Have you ever driven a zo6, how many zo6's have you raced yourself, how many zo6's have you seen run and at how many tracks, how many ls1's have you built yourself and raced for several years, how many zo6's have you worked on and modified yourself, do you own a c5 zo6? These are all questions you should ask yourself before you come on here running your mouth to someone like me and you are quoting theoretical magazine numbers, when in real life you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. No hard feelings but you should think about who you are talking to before you run your mouth. Peace Bro.
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 03-05-2007 at 12:30 AM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

my next mod plans to be long tube headers and ory + tune so im hopeing to be atleast next to one
    With those you should be walking stock c6's no problem man, good luck and happy hunting!

Black
    98 Trans Am

Are you serious, you really want to try and raise the bs flag on me. What a joke kid. Not only have I beaten a c5 zo6, but i've beaten several of them in several different scenarios. There is more to racing then theoretical horsepower numbers. Now with my new mods it wouldnt even be a fair race with a zo6 against me.
    You should be more careful about calling the bs flag on people you don't even know son, I build and race ls1's and camaro's for a living and my car is exceptionally fast for it's mods cause they are chosen carefully and done with the right combinations, it's not about how much money and crap you can throw at a car and huge hp numbers its about having the right combination of parts tuned properly and being able to put that down with right tires and suspension. My car was already running low 12's before my headers, ory and wet 150 shot, no track times yet on new mods but ran good against 10 second camaro the other night. My car also has a 150 pound weight reduction. Watch and see in the kills section trying to get some vids up by tomorrow of me racing against a 10 second supercharged stroker camaro that I built for one of my customers, with me having full lt headers now and on a 150 shot!
    Dont make assumptions when you don't know what car or person you are talking to or about, just spare yourself the embarresment because in reality you have no clue how fast my car is or anything about it really except for your non educated preconceived notions about what you think you know about c5 zo6's and my camaro. Besides the theoretical numbers that you are quoting for the c5 zo6 are probably from gm high tech are under ideal conditions at sea level with a pro driver most guys see mid 12's out of those cars at sea level, at altitude people see 13's. Have you ever driven a zo6, how many zo6's have you raced yourself, how many zo6's have you seen run and at how many tracks, how many ls1's have you built yourself and raced for several years, how many zo6's have you worked on and modified yourself, do you own a c5 zo6? These are all questions you should ask yourself before you come on here running your mouth to someone like me and you are quoting theoretical magazine numbers, when in real life you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. No hard feelings but you should think about who you are talking to before you run your mouth. Peace Bro.

Ok...lets think about this for a sec, you said your mods are
    lt headers and ory, gears, free mods, 150 lb weight reduction and a few bolt ons.

What rearwheel #'s do you have? I'm guessing right around 350 if you have just a "few" bolt ons. If you have 150lb weight reduction your car weighs what...3300? Lets see an 02-04 Z06 puts down 355-370 rwhp weighs 3150lbs, and has better gearing in the transmission and better aerodynamics than an LS1 Z28.

and yes...I've driven a friends Yellow 03 which he ran to a 12.1 stone stock and testdrove 04 and both were rockets!

guys on the Corvette Forum have gotten
    Z06 BoneStock Times

1--11.783 @ 116.90--1.818--J-Rod-------'02
    2--11.818 @ 117.26--1.783--Ranger------'02 11/03 Slip
    3--11.93x @ 119.xx--1.xxx --Esoteric-----'0x
    4--11.97x @ 118.80--1.90x--GMHTP------'04 03/04
    5--
    6--11.99x @ 117.61--1.xxx --02Z06Racer '02

Not saying you driving your car didn't pull on a poorly driven Z...just that I doubt given the mods you listed you can walk a car that can run high 11 sec 1/4's and trap near 120!

lt headers and ory, gears, free mods, 150 lb weight reduction and a few bolt ons.

What rearwheel #'s do you have? I'm guessing right around 350 if you have just a "few" bolt ons. If you have 150lb weight reduction your car weighs what...3300? Lets see an 02-04 Z06 puts down 355-370 rwhp weighs 3150lbs, and has better gearing in the transmission and better aerodynamics than an LS1 Z28.

and yes...I've driven a friends Yellow 03 which he ran to a 12.1 stone stock and testdrove 04 and both were rockets!

Z06 BoneStock Times

5--

Not saying you driving your car didn't pull on a poorly driven Z...just that I doubt given the mods you listed you can walk a car that can run high 11 sec 1/4's and trap near 120!

Definitely agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by F&Ybodlover

Z06 BoneStock Times

Jarrod pulled an 11.78 @ 116.90, with just a 1.818 sixty foot? That doesn't sound like like a bone stock '02 ZO6 to me. I mean, the '02 ZO6 cam came with very nice specs, but it certainly doesn't maximize power under the curve, and that's a very impressive time for it. Stranger things have happened, I'm sure, but it most certainly does not sound like a bone stock run....

To further clarify my point. I honestly don't know who "Ranger" is, but here he's running another bone stock '02 ZO6 to that of Jarrod, cuts a better sixty foot time than Jarrod, traps a faster speed than Jarrod, and yet, runs a "higher" ET than Jarrod. Something seriously sounds a little wrong there....

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Z06 BoneStock Times

5--

Thats cool bro its all good i've raced and beaten several of them not just one, like I said most zo6's run mid 12's the numbers you are quoting are from very quick above average runs. Either way the z06 is a fast car no doubt i mean it's a fellow gm, it just so happens that my car is pretty fast for its mods. Just because you test drove a couple doesn't mean shit bro it only further solidifies the fact that you don't know what you are talking about just cause you come on here and qoute some above average numbers from a vette forum from guys cars that are probably not bone stock doesn't prove shit. Thats like saying every stock ls1 fbody runs 12.80's, thats an above average run, track, driver and car and conditions, traction air density etc. No most stock fbodies run mid low 13's and most stock c5 zo6's run mid low 12's.

You are still quoting hp numbers and yea my rwhp should be in the 360 range will have official readings soon, but there is more to racing than that my car launches at 6100 and has 60 ft time consistanly in the low 1.6-1.7 range cause of my gears and suspension and tires. But like I said i beat the zo6 on a roll also. I'm not gonna waste the rest of my time trying to convince a thread troll like you about crap. Just keep your eyes posted in these upcoming weeks as I will have several videos posted and proving what i'm saying, that way hating doubters like you that have no clue what they are saying will be automatically silenced and schooled without me having to waste my precious time explaining things. Go call the bs flag on someone like a ricer who's knowledge level is closer to yours and save yourself the embarresment of when everyone sees my car destroying a stock c5 zo6 on video! peace guys happy hunting

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    To further clarify my point. I honestly don't know who "Ranger" is, but here he's running another bone stock '02 ZO6 to that of Jarrod, cuts a better sixty foot time than Jarrod, traps a faster speed than Jarrod, and yet, runs a "higher" ET than Jarrod. Something seriously sounds a little wrong there....

I know there are lots of guys out there that like to claim they are stock and have a few tricks, either way there has been stock c5 zo6's that have seen high 11.9's but thats rare like I said above average. This guy trying to post these slips from another forum doesn't mean or prove crap. I'll have a vid up that will settle this trust and believe my friends!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Definitely agree with that.
    how could you be so presumptious as to agree with him when you are not fully aware of how my car runs. Save yourself digging a grave also when I post videos soon. To yalls credit as I have stated earlier already and i'll say it again my car is fast for its mod levels, perhaps faster than average fbody, but it's because it is done right and set up properly, just like any other fbody or vette could be done just the same. Either way it might be safer on yalls side to not be so presumptious about what you think you know.

Thread Information