Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What would be the out come (new charger vs ls1)

This is a discussion on What would be the out come (new charger vs ls1) within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; i was running w/a srt8 charger on the highway, there was too much traffic to get side by side, i ...

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

i was running w/a srt8 charger on the highway, there was too much traffic to get side by side, i saw him pull up to about 85mph, he was coming up on me fast, so i got in the left lane in front of him to pass a semi, downshifted to 4th and was GONE...he caught up w/me at the next exit, but didnt stop to chat--those things look pretty sweet in your rearveiw mirror!!

10's N/A

I raced only one SRT-8, and it was a screamin' yellow Charger with chrome & black wheels. My vette was bone-stock, 13.2@109 was my best e.t. We ran from the light, both hooked pretty decently, and I ran him easily by about 3 cars. We wen't again from a slow roll (i'd say 30-35mph) and I pulled even harder. My car stock had a rating of 330hp. I think the 425hp rating intimidates many, but if you consider weight and equipped-transmission, there nothing to be scared of.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

mmm maybe my car was having a bad day everybody here has killed them i noticed my k an n is extremely dirty very dirty maybe that had somthing to do with it or this charger has sumthin else under the hood?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

He probably had something else under the hood...

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

im really hoping that is it im gonna get my car dyneod once i get the headers and the y pipe how hard is it to install these things

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I dont feel like going back to quote someone but i think i read that the new camaros are going to rule the next muscle car erera. As much as i like to hear that im not too sure. I think its going to be close competetion. The mustangs are almost LS1 speed and i think ford might do ok with the new "tornado" motor they got. Plus Pontiac plans to do something with new GTOs or maybe bring back the birds. The new Camaros are going to be pretty heavy and only have an LS2 in them? Kinda sounding like its going to be almost like a GTO turnout (cept a lot sexier)
    Overall I think we do need to watch out for the new challenger, i think its going to take everyone out, unless the camaro does get back some special names such as the yenko or even a ZL1 package.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I dont feel like going back to quote someone but i think i read that the new camaros are going to rule the next muscle car erera. As much as i like to hear that im not too sure. I think its going to be close competetion. The mustangs are almost LS1 speed and i think ford might do ok with the new "tornado" motor they got. Plus Pontiac plans to do something with new GTOs or maybe bring back the birds. The new Camaros are going to be pretty heavy and only have an LS2 in them? Kinda sounding like its going to be almost like a GTO turnout (cept a lot sexier)
    Overall I think we do need to watch out for the new challenger, i think its going to take everyone out, unless the camaro does get back some special names such as the yenko or even a ZL1 package.
    I think GM will knock em' off their feet with a Big Block - hence LS7 - in the 5th gen F-body. Why not? It makes so much sense. Back in the '60's you could have any Corvette big block in your Camaro. It'll cost big bucks, but so does the GT500. Plus look at the numbers that motor puts out in the Z06. Even in a portly F-body it would still be bye bye GT500.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

My Mechnic buddy drove one of the police Chargers here and said that it wasnt impressive at all. It is the RT model. He said it would have been a good race for my 88 Formula WS6 with a 305 TPI. Of course it had all the police equipment in it so its a few hundred pounds heavier. Said it weighed around 5,600lbs, without the gear in it. Its a tank, even with 425 hp the F-body should have a better power to weight ratio.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

IMO those chargers and 300's are nice but not as fast as a lightly modded ls1, i took a srt8 300 with a blower, we only raced 1/8 but still he had a blower, this guy was so shocked to hear i only had minor bolt on's

i go to irwindale track out here in so cal quite a bit and last week a bran new charger srt 8 couldnt pull of anything better than a 9.2, a joke if you ask me compared to my 8.59 with like i said minor bolt on and street tires.

all i know is there shit in the 1/4 mile and 1/8 but beasts on the open road!

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

I whooped an SRT8 at highway speeds. Only mods were full exhaust and lid. It was pretty bad for him, had him by 2+ cars. I think stock for stock it is definently a driver's race.
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE: TR Cam (plus normal cam install upgrades), Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers, ORY, SLP Loudmouth (SOOOO Loud), B&M shifter, Lid, All free mods, Tubular Panhard, LS7 Clutch

1978 Firebird: Chevy 350, 4 bolt to many mods to list

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yea i went from like 70 and 50

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    i thought they were YANKO"" camaros. and just like how the internet has both lettering i found both the yenko, and the yanko. damm internet

but im pretty sure its the yanko

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Madcity T/A View Post
    I think the real question should be what will be the outcome with the new challenger.
    I was told that the new challenger is going to be quicker then the new maro

but we'll see......

white
    2002 z28

170 days left or something till it comes out.... i wouldnt be surprised if its fast as hell. shit, MOPAR basically was the king in the 60-70's in racing with there hemi. but with todays HEMI is something different. hemi has one of the " cant touch this" names threw the years, but its not the same motor at all. its only a hemi casue the hemispherical sections on the motor, lets just see what there bringing to the table.

white
    2002 z28

but if it starts at almost 40' Gs i wont even look at it, dont get me wrong love the maro but i always wanted a cuda, and since there is no plymoth nomore and same body challenger would be nice.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    170 days left or something till it comes out.... i wouldnt be surprised if its fast as hell. shit, MOPAR basically was the king in the 60-70's in racing with there hemi. but with todays HEMI is something different. hemi has one of the " cant touch this" names threw the years, but its not the same motor at all. its only a hemi casue the hemispherical sections on the motor, lets just see what there bringing to the table.
    The current hemi is not a true hemi. No hemispherical head design. It's all image!.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    i pulled an srt-8 on a highway run to about 130 with a lid,cutout,ls6 intake,dr's

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

my boss at work has a 08' challenger already paid for. he said the first year or so they are going to be the 6.1 liter. dont know the hp rating for it but hopefully dodge makes it more than 425.also he said dodge is talking about offering a 7.0 liter option, eventually. he's a dodge(mopar) fanatic so i believe him. he currently owns a 06' srt8 charger(450 hp, chipped), a 70 something challenger se 440 with 700 hp, and a 05 rumble bee truck.(think thats what its called). when he gets back from hot august nights im gonna race his 06' and i'll post the results

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    i thought they were YANKO"" camaros. and just like how the internet has both lettering i found both the yenko, and the yanko. damm internet

but im pretty sure its the yanko
    lol.. they were yenko camaros, and gm cant just make a camaro and put that name on it. that name came from a dealershp back in the 60's were they would take ss camaro and drop a 427 in them with a 4 speed if not already equipped, sometimes 4.10 gears and a few other tricks. they did this to nova's and a few chevelles!

as for the ZL1 it was never a model for camaro, it was the all aluminum big block put into the COPO camaros in 69. which stands for central office production order. which means special order and the sticker price being twice that of any other copo camaro with the iron block 427!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea I understand that but are they planning on doing anything like that with the camaros? Mustang got the saleens, rouch, shelby and all we got was SLP which didnt make a HUGE difference. Any body hear about any special makes for the new camaros?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information