Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What the hell? My New GTO vs GTP

This is a discussion on What the hell? My New GTO vs GTP within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Raptor285 What do you run? I've always wondered what the Magnuson GTO's do in the 1/4...I wish ...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    What do you run? I've always wondered what the Magnuson GTO's do in the 1/4...I wish there was a good blower for GP's
    a 600 horse ls2 intercooled maggie gto should be good for at least low 11s if not high 10s

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Those little blown V6's can be a beast with enough mods. I remember looking into it when I was looking for a fiero to put one into. There were a few sites advertising 500 HP (flywheel) and street manners. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Thanks for everyone's help. I was just really surprised. I have read up on those things and I don't feel bad at all now. I'm going to plan on modding some and go to a track and see what I can do. Once again thanks.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Nobody mentioned it, but couldn't it have been a GXP too? Can't say I'm full of knowledge on them, but I thought they were supposed to be pretty quick...
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

i would feel like shit...but take that loss into consideration and mod away

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Snooker View Post
    Thanks for everyone's help. I was just really surprised. I have read up on those things and I don't feel bad at all now. I'm going to plan on modding some and go to a track and see what I can do. Once again thanks.
    Just be easy when you run into them...most are probably bolt-on high 13 cars lol. Good luck in your modding...

Oh and 35thAnniZ28 don't feel bad if you get beat by one...a lot of the turbo Grand Prixs/Regals are unable to get traction until 65-80 mph

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by John_Deere_LS1 View Post
    theres 1-2 fast gtps runnin round lansing... havent quite figured out where they hide out tho.... somethign about a mid-michigan grand prix club.... they rent out stanton drag strip sometime in october.... i should go up there and kick there asses for them.... my buddy ses one of them is in the 11's.... anyone else wanna go pick on some gtp's if i get the date??
    The lansing crowd hangs out in front of the Lansing South Precinct on Cedar. The cops don't mess with us when we are right in front of their building. I'm there on occasion but not as much as I use to be. I'd be happy to let you show me how fast your car is but don't be upset if mine is faster.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    The lansing crowd hangs out in front of the Lansing South Precinct on Cedar. The cops don't mess with us when we are right in front of their building. I'm there on occasion but not as much as I use to be. I'd be happy to let you show me how fast your car is but don't be upset if mine is faster.
    What's up, I noticed you are new on ClubGP...PM me your mods, I gotta know now that you are smack talking the LS1 guys lol!

EDIT: You joined 4 and a half years ago and you have 5 posts? *Confused*

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    What's up, I noticed you are new on ClubGP...PM me your mods, I gotta know now that you are smack talking the LS1 guys lol!

EDIT: You joined 4 and a half years ago and you have 5 posts? *Confused*
    I go by GN on Club GP. You have a PM.

I had to give the local guy a hard time, he's way too cocky. I have raced a few LS1's and LS2's at the track and on the street and it must just be dumb luck but I beat all of them I've messed with. Before everyone get's exited if they modded their LS1 like I have My L67 they would be running 10's and waving goodbye to me.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

You would have a PM but your box is full, I'm sending it to "GN" on ClubGP...

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

i hang out down at the cop shop on cedar too.... as for being cocky im sure i can take majority of gtp's.... let me get some tires out back and my suprise outa australia and will be on like donkey kong..... its only fair we wait till then since all you gtp guys have bookoo bucks in your cars...

i no i can take shreks grand prix... lmao

wanna run my bike?

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

if you wanna do a 25mph roll on ill run ya this saturday.... jsut too see how much money i might have to spend this winter....

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

if you wanna do a 25mph roll on ill run ya this saturday.... jsut too see how much money i might have to spend this winter....

I'm going racing up in Manistee this weekend. 1/8 mile but it should be fun.

From 25 I have no traction how about 35? Some other weekend.

I sent a PM I think, my mailbox only holds one msg at a time.

I can beat Shrek too.

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

the shrek thing was a joke bein as his is a gt with no p and has 600 lbs in rims on it.. lmao im pretty firm on 25.... i dunno on my way to work tonight ill see where 35 puts me in my gears and how it launches form 35....

ill get back to ya... i dont have a pm yet fyi.. well i got the first one i dunno if you sent another...

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

the shrek thing was a joke bein as his is a gt with no p and has 600 lbs in rims on it.. lmao im pretty firm on 25.... i dunno on my way to work tonight ill see where 35 puts me in my gears and how it launches form 35....

ill get back to ya... i dont have a pm yet fyi.. well i got the first one i dunno if you sent another...
    I just blow the tires off at 25. First gear is useless on the street. I'm trying to run on street tires at the track this weekend to master tippy toeing the launch. I'll send another PM.

Try running Shrek...you might be surprised.
    Last edited by slowgtp; 09-21-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I ran with a gtp the night I first had my own 12 second quarter mile, I was cruising Fredericksburg after going to MIR and came up on a gtp with a plate that said 12 sec gp.

So me being the dumbass that I am, I told my buddy to ask him if that was in the 1/4 or the 1/8th......yeah, when he hung right with me down the next light.....I knew the answer to my stupid question.

They can be made very fast heheheh.

There was a cool little write up on the gtp forum, I'll find it.....

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...de=&s=#2306200

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

I remember that post. It's pretty cool that you were able to track him down. Nice EVO.

I wish I could run 12's

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

theres 1-2 fast gtps runnin round lansing... havent quite figured out where they hide out tho.... somethign about a mid-michigan grand prix club.... they rent out stanton drag strip sometime in october.... i should go up there and kick there asses for them.... my buddy ses one of them is in the 11's.... anyone else wanna go pick on some gtp's if i get the date??
    Heard you were looking for me last weekend, but I was racing up north racing. Our club race is at Mid Michigan Motorplex on October 20th 11:00 until 6:00. You are invited by me and we'll see how many GTP's you tear up, starting with me. $35.00 to race and I'll pay if I lose. My PM doesn't work so I gues you'll have to post your answer.

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

i asked around to see if anyone knew ya i ended up racing one of them turboed out hondas instead(instant kill as soon as i got over 4g's in 1st).... im headin up to stanton this saturday with my buddy whos got a 98 z28 with a sts single turbo(depending if i have to work my saturday which is actually a friday night since im on 3rd shift) for some f-body meet i guess... you should come up and see how many ls1's you can beat, starting with mine (your confidence almost assures me your victory)...

as for the 20th of october im parking my car for the winter the 15th after i go to a court date in howell to testify for a friend....

im not goin anywhere if we dont hook up this fall ill be out in the spring for sure... but in the spring im not promissing the same car(performance wise) im offering you to run this weekend....

toodles, jordan
    1999 Trans Am M6 330rwhp 343ft/lb, slp long tube headers, hi flow cats, loudmouth exhaust, slp lid, ceramic clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, slp hood, 20% tint, 18" z06 rims black.. security system: KIMBER CDP II .45

2002 GMC Seirra short box Z71 BOSS 20's

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

wanna race my bike on the 20th?? its just a tired 1000 23k miles stock except for D&D and k&N...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information