Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what is a "fully built b14 civic"

what is a "fully built b14 civic" and why does my ricer-neighbor think it can keep up with my ws.6? I think he said "b14" or B16 i dunno...what the hell is wrong wit kids today?

03 Terminator

im not 100% sure on this but i dont think there is a B14. Smallest B Series engine is a B16 right? however there are D Series engines, but i still dont think theres even a D14, just D15 and D16. B16s arent much, just a Civic Si motor.

nightstalker50
    nevermind

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

horseshit!!!!!! thats what it is......i really hate these ricers......just race him and when you win tell him you missed a shift..........then hell ask if your supercharged or running nosssssssssss

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

no can race: insurance is off the t/a

Blue
    04 Mach 1

be careful, some of those ricers make good power. I know of one that ran a 11.6 with his old setup. He makes 475 at the wheels now with pump gas in his daily driver, and over 600 with race gas.

Black
    97 Formula

Is he rich, or just some highschool/college kid? Do you know what year his Civic is and if it's a hatch, coupe, or sedan?

Fully built can mean a number of things, or nothing at all. If he has an all motor B16, then he would have a cai, cat-back, header, and maybe some aftermarket cams with a vtec controler, and maybe some nitrous.

If it's turbo, it can have serious work done to the motor, or just a bolt-on kit.

If the motor was swapped into a hatch, a N/A motor should put it into the low-14s, high-13s. A turbo can be anywhere from low-14s to low-12s depending on how much money he put in to it.

Truly the only way to find out is to race him. I'm putting my money on that he just has basic bolt-ons and maybe a 75 shot of nitrous, which would put him in the 13s with the nitrous.

black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

so a b16 is a what year civic si engine? 96-00 civics? i dont know much about rice but i hear alot of stuff aboput the infamous b16...

if hes got the "type R" then ur fucked for sure

well the thing is with ricers some say fully built and only have bolt ons but them there some like my friend with a 01 inegra gsr that is fully built with 375fwhp so i guess its a chance you can take

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I had a guy here in town with a b-16 swap into a hatchback run with the GTO. I was impressed with how well his car ran. He said it ran low 14's high 13's which would put it about on par with the goat. Once we got up to speed though I was pulling him but outta the hole and probably to the top of second we were pretty close.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

the car in question was a friend of my rice-infatuated neighbors. Both maybe 17-18ish, and the car is owned by a pizza delivery boy [he was delivering a pizza at the time. I was walking my dog, ricer loving neighbor comes out and says "that car over there, will hang with your t/a" so i asked why] I just smile and wave anymore, really.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I had a guy here in town with a b-16 swap into a hatchback run with the GTO. I was impressed with how well his car ran. He said it ran low 14's high 13's which would put it about on par with the goat. Once we got up to speed though I was pulling him but outta the hole and probably to the top of second we were pretty close.
    i had a same run with one of my friends i didnt TOTALLY kill him in first and second,, once i hit third tho i put area codes on him

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    i had a same run with one of my friends i didnt TOTALLY kill him in first and second,, once i hit third tho i put area codes on him
    After our run we chatted a while and he actually stopped by the house a week or two later and we shot the shit for a while. I popped the garage where the 'bird is and asked if he wanted a shot at my other car. He laughed and took a pass. Would've been no contest in the f-body.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Ooh Watch Out For These Ricers----goddannmit I Hate You!!! Whats The % Of Ricers That Can Really Make 600 Hp You Fucker.....mach 1 Mustang----you Need A Ct Scan To Find That Japaneze Man In Your Head!!!!!! Thats Like Saying Dont Mess With A 6 Cylinder Cuz Indy Cars Rev To 19 Grand And They Sport A Six---do Me A Favor And Go To A Mustang Forum

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    Ooh Watch Out For These Ricers----goddannmit I Hate You!!! Whats The % Of Ricers That Can Really Make 600 Hp You Fucker.....mach 1 Mustang----you Need A Ct Scan To Find That Japaneze Man In Your Head!!!!!! Thats Like Saying Dont Mess With A 6 Cylinder Cuz Indy Cars Rev To 19 Grand And They Sport A Six---do Me A Favor And Go To A Mustang Forum
    Alotta love in this room.

RED
    2000 WS6 TA

Better watch out, He may have V-TEC too!!!

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Oh Noooo........watch For The Ricers With Turbos----they Are 10 Second Cars........all They Need Is The Pulley Swap....hah Ha Ha

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

My boss at work had a gutted CRX with a B16 motor swap with bolt ons.

We went to the track last week and he ran a 15,7, 16.2, and 15.9.

Enough said

sonic blue
    2005 Mustang GT

B16 is a 1.6 liter 4 banger. I think in N/A form they make 150-180hp depending. They are known to be pretty strong motors that can handle boost fairly well.

I would just nod and smile.

Not likely a kid who delivers pizza for a living is going to have much more than a N2o set up, which isn't going to be enough.

Thread Information