Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

well, unexpected....

Lets get this in the clear i should have lost so dont call B.S. When i was behind him i was tellin my friends we were gonna get pulled pertty hard. Anyways im cruisin through town and notice a blue 05+ GT with white stripes down the side and on top. I follow him to the highway and he gets on extremely slow and when i go to pass him he floors it and takes off, sounded damn good and of course was intimidated cuz i still have stock exhaust. (I said to myself and my friends that i didnt think that took off to fast.) So when i get caught up to him i notice on the side it says 427 and on the hood says Roush. Then my heart kinda fell and was like we are definately gonna get beat, o well ill still run him is what i thought so i tell him to go down to 55 cuz i love that hit and he checks his speedo and smirks. I was thinkin damn cuz he could smirk cuz he knew he was gonna win. So on the third honk we hit it and i see his front end pick up and hear his car like crazy, then i hit third and barked the tires and hit 4th and i looked down and by 130 i had about 2 cars on him. I hit my brakes then coast cuz i was passin an eighteen wheeler and when i look up when i pass the truck he was right on my ass at about 115 and then floored it goin passed me. Nice car, but i thought i was gonna get eaten. Do yall think it was a fake or what? Even if that was a GT i still shouldnt have pulled that good should i've?
    Last edited by 02sunsetorangeZ; 06-30-2009 at 06:56 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

likely a gt with bolt ons and a body kit... good kill.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

ya thats what i was kinda leadin toward, thanks! Even if it was stock should i have pulled that good?

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    ya thats what i was kinda leadin toward, thanks! Even if it was stock should i have pulled that good?
    if it was stock you would have pulled more likely

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

o, just surpised me a lot, You could see the exhaust from the back just coming out, damn it sounded so good.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    o, just surpised me a lot, You could see the exhaust from the back just coming out, damn it sounded so good.
    that's what leads me to believe it was a bolt on stang--- the sound. all show no go

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice kill lil bro. is there a non SC roush out there or all of em fi

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    that's what leads me to believe it was a bolt on stang--- the sound. all show no go

Ya i get ya. Thanks aj.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

you can never tell about them damn mustangs,most are all show and no go and then...bam you get eaten by a quick one.nice kill,dude!

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Did it look like this? If so, then it probably was a Roush 427R. They come with a small Eaton blower on the standard Mustang 4.6L 3V motor. The 427 is supposed to denote the horsepower rating, but it's actually around 420ish flywheel hp. An 03 Cobra will make this car look silly slow, so I don't doubt that you pulled on him. They're really best suited to road racing.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    nice kill lil bro. is there a non SC roush out there or all of em fi
    yes there are non SC'd Roush's out there. Way too damn many of them. Roush's come in 4 or 5 different stages I believe. Not sure on the newer ones, but back in the early 2000's, you had to go stage 3 or better for the SC. ALL of them have nice suspension setups though.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    yes there are non SC'd Roush's out there. Way too damn many of them. Roush's come in 4 or 5 different stages I believe. Not sure on the newer ones, but back in the early 2000's, you had to go stage 3 or better for the SC. ALL of them have nice suspension setups though.
    i've seen a stage2... not sure what it all entails but it looked to me like a bolt on gt with a body kit--- it was kinda cheesy IMO. and stages--- fuck stages.

It's possible you could have ran with it. I ran a 427R last year in my wifes car. Guy just bought it with temp tags and all so I'll assume it wasn't messed with. We played around a bit but traffic was just too conjested for any high speed stuff. Just went through 1-2 gears in short bursts 4-5 times. It was looking in my favor as I could pull out a bit going through 1 gear. Would have loved to stretch it out but it just wasn't meant to be.

Those cars look and sound great though. While we were sitting in traffic he did a couple of smokey burnouts with cars around while sitting still,,,funny watching all the people in the other cars sitting there He started attracting too much attention so I called it quits, we waved and went on, he was a cool guy though.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i've seen a stage2... not sure what it all entails but it looked to me like a bolt on gt with a body kit--- it was kinda cheesy IMO. and stages--- fuck stages.
    70% of the ones you'll see running around are probably stage 2's. and its basically just a bolt-on GT. Suspension is a little better on them though.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

thanks yall! TR mach, it looked identical to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    70% of the ones you'll see running around are probably stage 2's. and its basically just a bolt-on GT. Suspension is a little better on them though.
    I'm not so sure about that one. Most of them I've seen running around say 427R on them,,,referring to the HP output.
    Probably more than a few simple bolt ons. As a matter of fact I distinctly remember hearing a slight blower whine when I was playing with one. I'm almost certain I also remember the scoop said "Roushcharged",,,,hence a blower.

I think it's pretty safe to say when they have the HP advertised as such and it's a legit car,,,,you pretty much know what you are dealing with.

I don't think all 5 different stage Roush stangs would all say 427R on the side.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

i was referring to Roush's in general, ranging from the years '99-'09. I've seen a handful that said 427R. Guess its all in where we live.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

seen a couple roush's around--but never one all gaudy-ed up like that pic. Not a big fan of the appearance of the roush's anyway-but damn! that is the first i've seen with all the 427's too. A friend had one--but no FI. Just a FRPP cold air. glad you beat him! Someone who drives around in a car that obnoxiously tacky deserves a good ass whoopin!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

cool cool. i hope i find this guy too, i'll give him another ass whoopin

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol aj, he didnt have texas plates

Thread Information