Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Vid: Stock LS1 Slaughters GT500 Cobra

This is a discussion on Vid: Stock LS1 Slaughters GT500 Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I would love to see a video of a stock, I said stock, F-bod running a 12.9 or better. Please ...

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

I would love to see a video of a stock, I said stock, F-bod running a 12.9 or better. Please post it. But remember DR' are not stock. My best ET in my stock 99 TA was a 13.5, I have read of the newer SS's running a 13.2. Once I modded my TA, even slightly, It ran a 13 flat.

Although I do hear alot of stories of a stock F-bod running in the 12's.
    Im not saying it didnt happend, I just want to see it. And I want to see the car engine bay and a good view all around of the car. I believe alot of people ran a slightly modded 12 sec f-bod and the story turned into a stock f-bod runs a 12.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    That's it. You said it. They're still traumatized by the endless beatings the LS1 laid on them from 1997-2003, until SVT released the so-called 'terminator'. Only weeks after the '03 Cobra arrived there were still some vids of stock LS1 cars beating them, leading some to speculate there was another '99 Cobra style fraud. Thread after thread on LS1.com was making a laughing stock out of it. That's when the Lighting pulley thing came out and '03's began to really shine. But man, you should have heard the Mustang guys howling back then with every LS1 vid killing the '03 Cobra. These were vids like the one that started this thread. The Ford guys were livid - raging even - insisting that every vid and every kill was BS, could never happen without extreme mods, blah, blah, blah.

And BTW, 13.0 stock LS1 vids were quite common a few years ago. There were even 12.7 vids with slicks. How quickly people forget what a revolution the LS1 was, or perhaps some just close their eyes and wish it would all go away? Sorry, I'll never let them forget.

I have more vids in my arsenal BTW. Some real historic doozies guaranteed to cause thread-riots. But I'll spare the mods the headaches.
    Its funny how the tables have turned now!!!! Even supercharged F-Bodies are having trouble keeping up with the lil 4.6!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

hawk241 on here with a firehawk has ONLY a stall and drag rads and ran a 12.8....pretty fast

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    I would love to see a video of a stock, I said stock, F-bod running a 12.9 or better. Please post it. But remember DR' are not stock. My best ET in my stock 99 TA was a 13.5, I have read of the newer SS's running a 13.2. Once I modded my TA, even slightly, It ran a 13 flat.

Although I do hear alot of stories of a stock F-bod running in the 12's.
    Im not saying it didnt happend, I just want to see it. And I want to see the car engine bay and a good view all around of the car. I believe alot of people ran a slightly modded 12 sec f-bod and the story turned into a stock f-bod runs a 12.
    Doubt you'll find someone that has a video that meets your requirements. You're either going to believe it, or not. I do believe it. Here is one small reason why....straight out of MM&FF:

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Doubt you'll find someone that has a video that meets your requirements. You're either going to believe it, or not. I do believe it. Here is one small reason why....straight out of MM&FF:

Click for full size
    Thaose guys at MMFF must be the best drivers around, they also got a stock 03 Cobra to a 12.4.

But I doubt people are ever going to say a stock Termi runs a 12.4 in the qaurter. So I dont think people should say a stock F bod will run a 12.9 or even a 13 flat. It takes at least some good DRs to get those results on the norm.

I think the best comparison on the Termi and the SS in that they are 1/2 second apart with the same conditions and the same driver, the same can be said about the SS and the GT 500, which is sad given the price tag differance.

10's N/A

BLKCLOUD, you are an amazing piece of work. How and where in the heck did you find that. I saw it on the net once, searched and searched, and could not find it again. Welp, there it is. PRESTON and TRICKSTANG I don't wan't to hear anymore. You knock our cars on our forum all you wan't, but deep inside both you and I know you lust after what these cars are capable of. Like...12's, Naturally Aspirated, off the showroom.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    BLKCLOUD, you are an amazing piece of work. How and where in the heck did you find that. I saw it on the net once, searched and searched, and could not find it again. Welp, there it is. PRESTON and TRICKSTANG I don't wan't to hear anymore. You knock our cars on our forum all you wan't, but deep inside both you and I know you lust after what these cars are capable of. Like...12's, Naturally Aspirated, off the showroom.
    shhh preston is legit and had a t/a

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    shhh preston is legit and had a t/a

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    That's it. You said it. They're still traumatized by the endless beatings the LS1 laid on them from 1997-2003, until SVT released the so-called 'terminator'. Only weeks after the '03 Cobra arrived there were still some vids of stock LS1 cars beating them, leading some to speculate there was another '99 Cobra style fraud. Thread after thread on LS1.com was making a laughing stock out of it. That's when the Lighting pulley thing came out and '03's began to really shine. But man, you should have heard the Mustang guys howling back then with every LS1 vid killing the '03 Cobra. These were vids like the one that started this thread. The Ford guys were livid - raging even - insisting that every vid and every kill was BS, could never happen without extreme mods, blah, blah, blah.

And BTW, 13.0 stock LS1 vids were quite common a few years ago. There were even 12.7 vids with slicks. How quickly people forget what a revolution the LS1 was, or perhaps some just close their eyes and wish it would all go away? Sorry, I'll never let them forget.

I have more vids in my arsenal BTW. Some real historic doozies guaranteed to cause thread-riots. But I'll spare the mods the headaches.
    Very well put!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

preston has defended t/a just as much as his mustang...he tells it how it is period.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

A former racer buddy of mine - Kenneth Risher - went 12.47 @ 114 in his bone stock 03. Is that the norm? No. Neither are 12.8/9 bone stock LS1s. But the potential is there.

The GT500, on average, is probably 2-3 tenths quicker, and a few mph faster, than a Terminator. I agree that is quite sad for 500 HP.

Bob

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

BLKCLOUD, you are an amazing piece of work. How and where in the heck did you find that. I saw it on the net once, searched and searched, and could not find it again. Welp, there it is.
    I scanned that pic right out of MM&FF a few years ago and put it on my webpage. Pretty easy for me to find.

Bob

C6 H/C/N20

Hey don't forget were talkin' GT500 here -- not '03-'04 Cobra. 5.4-liters is not that much smaller than what GM is running. Second, you don't see top fuel cars driving around on the streets. If they did then trust me I would be complaining. And your comment that "Blowers don't matter at all" IS very ignorant. Since when has a supercharger become just a bolt-on???
    A KB bolted right on. No heads removed, no cams changed. Nothing. It took less time to install the KB on a little 4.6 than it took to install my LT's on my SS.

Internet racing is so fun.

Blowers dont matter. Ford doesnt NEED them, its just easier to do it instead of changing their engine design that WILL eventually change. Thats the statement of a looser. If they would run larger sizes like Chevy 6.0L+ the Mod motor would be VERY strong N/A. The S7 N/A 7.0 puts out 550hp though not a mod motor.
    The FR500 5.0 4 cam puts out 535hp, again N/A.

PS. They still make Mustangs.

You guys are talking to a guy who still builds LS1's and just sold it. Like I dont know what Im talking about. An LS1 WILL NEED FI (S/C, Nos, Turbo) to be a DD 10 sec car or faster(unless you run a stalled, A4, 4:10 or larger gear and STUPID big T-rex or larger cam and then people sell those because they suck at drivability). Cobras just do it OH so easy with street manners BETTER than stock with a stock gear too, you will never have that with an LSX without getting a C6 Z06 and even then, some of the big T/S blowers are able to walk slightly modded C6 Z06's.

My H/C 11 sec LS1 was boooooring. It too would have had a S/C to keep up with my little 4.6. Thats a fact amigos. If you bitch about a s/c you are simply bitching that I have more power than you. Its that simple.
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 07-31-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Your right. It's the "not fair" syndrome. I fall victim to feeling that way too when there are faster cars out there. I think, "well if it didn't have this or didn't have that mod then I could beat him". On the flip side, I have had people accuse me as a Turbo Buick owner of pretending to be a gear head by turning up my boost but when it comes down to, S/C turbo or N/A it takes ingenuity trial and error to get any car to go fast. Hell, I'm only working with 3.8 liters.

10's N/A

I wonder to myself if you so-called Mustang guys are the real deal. If so, then why in the heck do you spend your days...and nights...on a forum intended for GM's? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a pleasure to have guys outside of Camaros and Firebirds come around, but when they spend all day bashing, and posting pointless comments about facts that are fraud, it really makes me wonder. I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't spend all my time on a Mustang forum - no disrespect, but it just doesn't make sense. And oh yeah, this thread was over when the MM&FF article of the bone-stock 12-second SS was posted. Save yourselves.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

this is getting old.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information