Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Vid: Stock LS1 Slaughters GT500 Cobra

This is a discussion on Vid: Stock LS1 Slaughters GT500 Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch here we go with the same tired argument.... look at the weight difference. twisties...doesnt matter. price...doesnt ...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    here we go with the same tired argument....

look at the weight difference.

twisties...doesnt matter. price...doesnt matter.

weight matters. 3100 vs 4100. get it?

and all of chevy's 8 cylinders are in block cam and displace a good amount more.

i agree that the new shelby is a pig but lets not speak so matter of factly here because you can crank up the boost, throw some dr's on and be low low 12s respectively.
    Oh im sorry, I thought this was "LS1".COM and I was free to speak??? As for your reply, when your talking about two cars that compete against eachother in the current automotive market, you can compare each and every fact about the two if you'd like - wether it's price, handling, quarter-mile performance, it doesn't matter. You didn't have a problem discussing what one runs in the 1/4, but you dare not mention anything about handling. Hmmm? Doesn't make sense. Anyways, I personally know several guys who own C5 and C6 Corvettes - have Corvette money - and have decided to go the supercharger route. Let's just say the lowest output car is a '99 Hardtop with a Vortech S Trim making 611rwhp with low boost. Some of the guys in Sacramento Corvette Club are pushing hundreds more than that. Anyways, i'm sure with the right driver in right conditions, low 12's in bone-stock form is attainable in a GT500.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Here we go....

Me against a 03/04 Cobra. Not sure what the driver was doing, and I didn't talk to him afterwards. This is on my stock rear, so I was kinda pussy footing it as well.

Me against a stout Mustang GT on a 150 hit. Same day as above, so not my best.

Me against a lightly modded C5 Z06. More recent, so I have better tires and gear.

Me against a stock C6 Z06. Recent as well. I missed 3rd and just put it into 4th. His run was horrible as well.

And my personal best to date.

And before I hear all about the slow times....track is 5800 feet above sea level. Everyone suffers unless you have a turbo.

pie
    free

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Here we go....

Me against a 03/04 Cobra. Not sure what the driver was doing, and I didn't talk to him afterwards. This is on my stock rear, so I was kinda pussy footing it as well.

Me against a stout Mustang GT on a 150 hit. Same day as above, so not my best.

Me against a lightly modded C5 Z06. More recent, so I have better tires and gear.

Me against a stock C6 Z06. Recent as well. I missed 3rd and just put it into 4th. His run was horrible as well.

And my personal best to date.

And before I hear all about the slow times....track is 5800 feet above sea level.
    Damn Josh and his shaky hands almost gives me a headache watching.

Everyone suffers unless you have a turbo.
    It's true. I suffer alot.

black
    94z

sorry guys im a little lost. that cobra said 99 on the top of the video.when he changed gears it sounded like a fi car. and it ran 11s which i have never heard of out of a stock cobra even a 03-04. so where did i get lost is this your car or just a video. im not starting a fight i just dont understand?you said it was stock.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Oh im sorry, I thought this was "LS1".COM and I was free to speak??? As for your reply, when your talking about two cars that compete against eachother in the current automotive market, you can compare each and every fact about the two if you'd like - wether it's price, handling, quarter-mile performance, it doesn't matter. You didn't have a problem discussing what one runs in the 1/4, but you dare not mention anything about handling. Hmmm? Doesn't make sense. Anyways, I personally know several guys who own C5 and C6 Corvettes - have Corvette money - and have decided to go the supercharger route. Let's just say the lowest output car is a '99 Hardtop with a Vortech S Trim making 611rwhp with low boost. Some of the guys in Sacramento Corvette Club are pushing hundreds more than that. Anyways, i'm sure with the right driver in right conditions, low 12's in bone-stock form is attainable in a GT500.
    you dont have to tell me its ls1.com bud, thats my moniker.

you just go bashing and you even talk about the weight difference but still say ford has to have the blower. shouldnt they if they choose to weight 1000 pounds more than a vette?

ive argued just like you have several times and after ruthless discussions have accepted that maybe the gt500 isnt fords answer to the vette.

i love the vette and i love gm, why would i have an f body if i didnt? .
    whats the excuse with the terminator when it whoops a c5? same shit different day....

low 12s in a gt500 with the right driver? with that much horsepower and even at its weight if it cut a good 60 even on street tires im confident it would do low 12s. still pathetic when you consider that fords own terminator is about capable of that with 100 less hp.

believe me, ive had this argument and busted out the comparo tests in car and driver against the c6 vs. the gt500. it is kinda sad but when you consider weight and the small difference in e.t. it isnt that substantial.

thats all im saying. of course if an lsx had a blower it would be fast. whats your point?

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    Amazing. 10 years later this little engine is still able to beat the best Ford's got. Not sure if this has been posted here before:

That was not a "Slaughter" at all, and the GT 500 didnt get on it untill 2nd gear, and the trap speed of the Ford proves that it could have ran faster if he werent easing it off the line.

And yes a 13 flat is a hell of a run for a stock motor, stock weight Trans Am LS1, if it is in fact stock.

Im pretty sure the LS1 has proved its place on the "great engines of all time" list. I have much respect for it, but I think its time as king is over. Now it will be the LS2, (excluding of course the LS7, which is too expensive for most of us) especially when the LS2 comes out in a new Camaro. Then again the LS2 is a larger displacement LS1. You gotta love it when a Car company improves an already great design. I love what GM has done with the small block from 1997 to now.

As long as the new Camaro is not a 4000 pound car, it ought to haul ass, and run high 12s from the factory. I think this is why GM is upping the horsepower of the regular vette to 430 with the LS3, because they dont want a SS Maro being as fast as a Vette is in the year 09.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

That Trans Am is not stock, it has some sort of exhaust and some DRs at least. Her is the complete video link:

10's N/A

You guys are killing me knocking F-bodies on an F-body site. Knock me for saying it but i'm just telling the truth. The guy above posts three, get it, THREE times in a row to prove comments like "the king is over", like he's sort of in some jealous rage or something. Then you got F-body owners claiming "this car wasn't stock", which I blame a lot of that mostly on the fact that some guys are "only" getting 13.7s @ 102-103 out of their LS1's, while others like Evan Smith have pulled high 12's @ 108 out of one right off the showroom. I think many guys just don't want to believe there are cars just like there's out there running a whole half a second and 5mph faster than their car. It's going to take many more years before you can take credit away from a motor like the LS1. And as far as more displacement for the LS2 goes, you can whip up a 6.0L LQ9 block for an LS1 faster than you can say Whipplecharger. I think some people need to go back to the basics and freshen up their information.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 07-30-2007 at 05:39 AM.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

mustang lost too many years to the Camaro, and in 2003, they went to forced induction.
    the powerstroke lost for too many years to the cummins, and in 2008 they added another turbo.

Ford is all about the forced induction, which is a good thing. But if thats what you need to do to keep up to a naturally aspirated car.... well , thats just sad. There still is no replacement for displacement in my book. And after you cannot achieve anymore displacement, then its time for forced induction.

I've never had it to the track, but the previous owner claimed a 13.08sec 1/4 mile w/ the car in my sig.
    Before the 3.73 gear he claimed a 13.38
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I do belive low 13 flats arent that hard, with just a lid headers and hooker catback i ran a 12.87, so whos to say stock i wouldnt have run a 13.1 or even flat. Thats in a 2000 without the ls6 intake manifold. If i had the intake i would probablly be 12.7s or so
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 07-30-2007 at 09:02 AM.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

who the fuck said a ws6 couldnt run a 13 flat stock?? thats pretty stupid.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by stickinpcb View Post
    no way that trans am is stock running 13 flat
    this guy did, sorry im coming into this thing kinda late lol

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by luciangage View Post
    sorry guys im a little lost. that cobra said 99 on the top of the video.when he changed gears it sounded like a fi car....
    I'm curious....what made it sound like a FI car on the shifts?

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Notice the trap speed of the GT500.
    If it had a decent driver, the GT500 would have beaten the F-Body badly. But to his defense (kinda)...not exactly easy hooking up 440 RWHP on street tires.
    i agree!!

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Oh....

Gotta get into the spirit of things....
    or back into this spirit

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Awesome! A highly modified 422 cid turbo-charged F-body outruns a stock 330 cid blown GT500.

Who'd of thunk it?

Of course, the F-body camera car with Mr. wanna-be-gangsta couldn't even begin to keep up with either of them.

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Awesome! A highly modified 422 cid turbo-charged F-body outruns a stock 330 cid blown GT500.

Who'd of thunk it?

Of course, the F-body camera car with Mr. wanna-be-gangsta couldn't even begin to keep up with either of them.
    The GT500 isn't stock either. Several mods actually. Saw the vid and discussion when it was originally posted. Wish I could remember where though. But yeah, the LS1 is a 422.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Would you please quit ruining my post with facts?

Thanks. Move along.

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    You guys are killing me knocking F-bodies on an F-body site. Knock me for saying it but i'm just telling the truth. The guy above posts three, get it, THREE times in a row to prove comments like "the king is over", like he's sort of in some jealous rage or something. Then you got F-body owners claiming "this car wasn't stock", which I blame a lot of that mostly on the fact that some guys are "only" getting 13.7s @ 102-103 out of their LS1's, while others like Evan Smith have pulled high 12's @ 108 out of one right off the showroom. I think many guys just don't want to believe there are cars just like there's out there running a whole half a second and 5mph faster than their car. It's going to take many more years before you can take credit away from a motor like the LS1. And as far as more displacement for the LS2 goes, you can whip up a 6.0L LQ9 block for an LS1 faster than you can say Whipplecharger. I think some people need to go back to the basics and freshen up their information.

That's it. You said it. They're still traumatized by the endless beatings the LS1 laid on them from 1997-2003, until SVT released the so-called 'terminator'. Only weeks after the '03 Cobra arrived there were still some vids of stock LS1 cars beating them, leading some to speculate there was another '99 Cobra style fraud. Thread after thread on LS1.com was making a laughing stock out of it. That's when the Lighting pulley thing came out and '03's began to really shine. But man, you should have heard the Mustang guys howling back then with every LS1 vid killing the '03 Cobra. These were vids like the one that started this thread. The Ford guys were livid - raging even - insisting that every vid and every kill was BS, could never happen without extreme mods, blah, blah, blah.

And BTW, 13.0 stock LS1 vids were quite common a few years ago. There were even 12.7 vids with slicks. How quickly people forget what a revolution the LS1 was, or perhaps some just close their eyes and wish it would all go away? Sorry, I'll never let them forget.

I have more vids in my arsenal BTW. Some real historic doozies guaranteed to cause thread-riots. But I'll spare the mods the headaches.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information