Thread: Vette vs GTI

Vette vs GTI

I know some of you will immediately say why bother, but these idiots in their euro/jap econo boxes just don't have any appreciation for an LS1. I recently bought a 99 Vette (bone stock with 18 k miles). I am driving to work the next day and am stopped at a light with 2 left turn lanes. I am in the inside lane and a VW GTI is in the outside lane. I had a feeling he might nail it as we turned so I waited to see what was up. Sure enough, the GTI accelerates as we finish the turn. I let him go by me to make sure of his intent. I then nail the throttle and pull by him instantly and wave as I go by. I forgot to do the ultimate ricer insult of hitting the flashers. There was a car in front of him in his lane as we kept driving so I made sure that he had to slow down and not pull into my lane. He immediately switches lanes and rides my bumper until we are past the other car. He then does the inevitable ricer flyby on my right. I let him go since there was a school zone a 1/2 mile up the road. I just couldn't resist showing him some LS1 torque.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by fastform
    I know some of you will immediately say why bother, but these idiots in their euro/jap econo boxes just don't have any appreciation for an LS1. I recently bought a 99 Vette (bone stock with 18 k miles). I am driving to work the next day and am stopped at a light with 2 left turn lanes. I am in the inside lane and a VW GTI is in the outside lane. I had a feeling he might nail it as we turned so I waited to see what was up. Sure enough, the GTI accelerates as we finish the turn. I let him go by me to make sure of his intent. I then nail the throttle and pull by him instantly and wave as I go by. I forgot to do the ultimate ricer insult of hitting the flashers. There was a car in front of him in his lane as we kept driving so I made sure that he had to slow down and not pull into my lane. He immediately switches lanes and rides my bumper until we are past the other car. He then does the inevitable ricer flyby on my right. I let him go since there was a school zone a 1/2 mile up the road. I just couldn't resist showing him some LS1 torque.
    Yea man, alotta Stang's do the same "ride your ass" BS that Euro things do. I think you def have the ricer crap down to a science. I love hitting the flashers, I do it just cuz, you know... You should see what ricers do if you don't wanna race and they have it for your car, they'll ride your ass, then ride along side of you, then pull in front, speed up and slow down...Repeat...

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

here in miami they blaze by you while your cruising and instantly hit the hazards.......then theyll turn at the next corner.....not like im gonna fall to there level and race, idiots

NBM
    '00 Z28

I wonder if they're hitting the hazzards as a sign of victory, or, "Watch out, this shit's going to rattle apart!"

black
    97 6-speed corvette

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98
    here in miami they blaze by you while your cruising and instantly hit the hazards.......then theyll turn at the next corner.....not like im gonna fall to there level and race, idiots
    I never heard of this "hitting the flashers", are you saying that means they want to race?

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 502ci
    I never heard of this "hitting the flashers", are you saying that means they want to race?
    "Hitting the flashers" means turning on your hazzard lights after winning a race. It's a way to tell the other driver you are claiming the win, and rubbing it in his face. It's mostly a ricer thing.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    I wonder if they're hitting the hazzards as a sign of victory, or, "Watch out, this shit's going to rattle apart!"
    ROFLMFAO!!! O man! Let me catch my breath here...damn, that was great!

Thread Information