Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Upcoming races:SC Stang, WRX, EVO 8

This is a discussion on Upcoming races:SC Stang, WRX, EVO 8 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; my question is why do your friends have the money to buy nice cars, but they choose slow ones? Get ...

gold
    2000 honder accord

my question is why do your friends have the money to buy nice cars, but they choose slow ones? Get a termy or an ls1 and go faster for cheaper... well maybe not the termy but they are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Well my friend who got the wrx says that he cant handle a v8 haha and he has always been in to turbos and tuner cars, but is far from a ricer. He is going in the right direction with his car. My other buddy who wanted the evo is kind of ignorant and says "V8s have 4 cylinders too many for me, all i need is 4 to make enough power to beat them.." He thinks AWD is god and all that but i say just gimme a some slicks after my stall and he wont know what hit him. My one friend almost bought a termi but decided to move out of his parents house instead. Someone will see the light one day and join me..

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Well my friend who got the wrx says that he cant handle a v8 haha and he has always been in to turbos and tuner cars, but is far from a ricer. He is going in the right direction with his car. My other buddy who wanted the evo is kind of ignorant and says "V8s have 4 cylinders too many for me, all i need is 4 to make enough power to beat them.." He thinks AWD is god and all that but i say just gimme a some slicks after my stall and he wont know what hit him. My one friend almost bought a termi but decided to move out of his parents house instead. Someone will see the light one day and join me..
    Just race your buddy with the AWD from a roll, and he won't know what hit 'em.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Yeah then race him on a road course lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Why does everyone always try and make like F-bodies don't handle worth a damn?? Stock 4th gens handle pretty damn good even in stock form, obviously not better than a stock STI or Evo though. Its not the chassis, its simply the components. Mitsu and Subie dropped a lot of money into the suspension, with aluminum compenents and high performance struts, sway bars, bushings, ect. All you need to do is upgrade a 4th gen with Bilsteins, bigger swap bars, and tubular chassis components (control arms, trailing arms, panhard bar) and a good driver will be right there with an Evo or STI ona road course.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I know they can be made to handle, but then again a civic can be made to have 600hp. All im saying is these cars subarus and 350zs or whatever we talk about racing arent straight line cars. They were designed for turns, so of course the ls1 cars can take them on straights, the f-bodys are straight line cars. Your comparing a car made for 1/4mile against one that isnt. So why dont we compare a car made for road courses on a road crouse agaisnt one that isnt.

I had shocks on my T/A it was lowered, and compared to the stoc ksetup on my legacy it would have lost and the STI has way better handling than my car.

10's N/A

Aaw, the excuses. Us F-body guys aren't worried about the road course for the most part. Straightline is all that matters on the street buddy. If I were to ever get into road racing, I would probably go BMW or 'vette anyways.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I know they can be made to handle, but then again a civic can be made to have 600hp. All im saying is these cars subarus and 350zs or whatever we talk about racing arent straight line cars. They were designed for turns, so of course the ls1 cars can take them on straights, the f-bodys are straight line cars. Your comparing a car made for 1/4mile against one that isnt. So why dont we compare a car made for road courses on a road crouse agaisnt one that isnt.

I had shocks on my T/A it was lowered, and compared to the stoc ksetup on my legacy it would have lost and the STI has way better handling than my car.
    So making an F-body handle is the equivelent of making a 600HP Civic

Wow, you obviously have no clue.

And somehow an F-body was never designed for handling or to be run on a road course?? Once again, clueless. This isn't a 1970 Chevelle, its a 4th gen F-body. It sure as hell is designed to handle well, but its just not as fully equipped as something like an Evo or STI. They didn't put SLA Struts up front with large diameter sway bars and dual piston calipers for running the 1/4 mile. F-body does everything well from the factory, and with upgrades it can be made into a lethal track car as well. Do some research before you run your mouth.

And if you honestly think your stock Subaru Legacy handles better than an F-body you're in for another reality check. Obviously you like ricers, so your opinion is skewed that way. But I'm not going to sit back and let you spread bullshit information around here.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol, i have owned 2 f-bodys, and believe me my legacy would out handle both by far, obviously you dont have a clue. Im selling my legacy and buying another f-body. Im an american car guy all the way. All im saying is the f-bodys with the live axle is far better for straight line and worse for curves, i wasnt saying a f-body cant handle well but it doesnt from factory as far as sports cars go. If my little 4 door family sedan can out handle it then it doesnt handle wel lfor a sports car.

And i know road course dont mean shit on the street, which is why im sellign it to get a f-body because i do street race mainly. But my car is also making more than 300hp at the crank so its not a slouch on a straight away. But if i had to run fro mthe cops or someone on the street i would much rather be in my subaru than my f-body, it can take bumps better and fly through turns.

I cant believe you are trying to tell me a person who has owned 2 f-bodys and a legacy that there is no way my legacy would out handle a f-body lol

Wesman eveyone knows you hate anything that isnt an american car company, you dont even give credit when its a well built jap car. Your opinion is the skewed one here not mine.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Lol, i have owned 2 f-bodys, and believe me my legacy would out handle both by far, obviously you dont have a clue. Im selling my legacy and buying another f-body. Im an american car guy all the way. All im saying is the f-bodys with the live axle is far better for straight line and worse for curves, i wasnt saying a f-body cant handle well but it doesnt from factory as far as sports cars go. If my little 4 door family sedan can out handle it then it doesnt handle wel lfor a sports car.
    As far a what sports cars go?? A Trans Am pulls .88g's on the skidpad and almost 70MPH through the slalom bone stock. How is that "not good handling"?? You're mind is brainwashed by import propoganda that American cars don't and can't handle well.

And no, I don't "believe you", because you're legacy would not outhandle a 4th gen F-bod "by far". Put both on a roadcourse and watch your Legacy get its ass handed to it. Its a family sedan, not a performance vehicle. You've got some wild ideas in your head.

And i know road course dont mean shit on the street, which is why im sellign it to get a f-body because i do street race mainly. But my car is also making more than 300hp at the crank so its not a slouch on a straight away. But if i had to run fro mthe cops or someone on the street i would much rather be in my subaru than my f-body, it can take bumps better and fly through turns.
    Run from the cops in a Subaru Legacy. I'd like to be the cop to pull you over and ask you just what the hell you were thinking

Take bumps better and fly through turns?? You're just making this up as you go...

I cant believe you are trying to tell me a person who has owned 2 f-bodys and a legacy that there is no way my legacy would out handle a f-body lol
    Well, believe it. You're obviously have the idea in your mind that the car handles better without any numbers to back it up. Your precious Subaru only pulls .83 on the skidpad for reference, thats a huge difference in terms of cornering grip.

Wesman eveyone knows you hate anything that isnt an american car company, you dont even give credit when its a well built jap car. Your opinion is the skewed one here not mine.
    Not true. You're trying to imply that your Legacy is a better performance vehicle than a F-body, and its simply not true. Its a family sedan for hauling people, not tearing up road courses as you have yourself believing. You're no different than the kids who buy Honda Civics and think that they handle better than Mustangs and Camaros just because they are nimble. "Nimble" and "good handling" are not synonyms.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

lol my little family sedan ran a 13.67, and your talking out your ass, i have driven both cars for thousands of miles, i know which one handles better. I hate civics dont try and tell me who i am like, i have seen hundreds of posts made by you that are jsut dumb and ignorant. When it comes to cars you know nothing outside the domestic world, ic your magazine racing now. Never once did i say the legacy was a better sports car, all i said is the f-bodys dont handle all that well as far as sports cars go.

Listen, you can say what you want from magazines and blah blah blah, the fact of the matter is i have taken both cars as hard as they can go, the legacy does turns better and my T/A would have beat it straight line. I know because i have owned both, you havent. You just refuse to believe a 4 door subaru could be better at anything than f-bodys, my 0-60 was also 4.87 seconds pretty good for a little family sedan and the car is automatic so thats not with a 5500rpm launch either thats at 3100rpms with 1 foot on the brake
    Last edited by LGT Guru; 04-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

lol my little family sedan ran a 13.67, and your talking out your ass, i have driven both cars for thousands of miles, i know which one handles better.
    Once again...no numbers to back up your outrageous claims. You think it handles better, so that automatically makes it a fact?? The numbers are all against your unsubstantiated claims

Thats all well and good that your modded up family sedan ran a 13.67. You know what, I could run a 13.67 in my Grand Prix if I swapped pulleys. Do you want a cookie??

In the other thread every one of your posts you were bragging about your Legacy. Honestly, nobody wants to hear about how awesome you think your family sedan is, give it a rest.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol, no you wouldnt run 13.6s with a GTP with swapped pulleys, they run 14.6s-14.9s stock your not gonna shave 1 second off with a smaller pulley, believ me i have friends with pulled monte carlos and GTPs, most have trouble hitting 13s. A pulley would put a 3800 superchared at around 300hp, in a 3600lbs FWD car, its a piece. Supercharges ruin reliability of the 3800series engines

So all you ever want to hear about is how awesome f-bodys are? Sorry i love f-bodys but i do like to drive and talk about other cars aswell. I like a little variety in my life.

Why dont you drive over here to WI and i can show you some roads that we can test our 2 cars on lol that way we wont have to jack threads.

Some mags tell us that f-bodys run 13.8s does that mean they do?
    Last edited by LGT Guru; 04-24-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Supercharges ruin reliability of the 3800series engines
    I wouldnt say that, my buddy has a 99 with 169,000 on it, only thing hes had to do since hes owned it was put a water pump on it.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well all the ones i have seen with over 120kmiles need new rings, infact just last night me and my GFs cousing and uncle were working on his riviera which is now shooting black smoke out if reved above 3krpms. We are gonna pull the engine to find the problem. when i first moved out my roomate had a 01 GTP at 80k miles needed a new head gasket and rings, his dads 04 we will never know because we rolled it at 20kmiles lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Lol, no you wouldnt run 13.6s with a GTP with swapped pulleys, they run 14.6s-14.9s stock your not gonna shave 1 second off with a smaller pulley, believ me i have friends with pulled monte carlos and GTPs, most have trouble hitting 13s. A pulley would put a 3800 superchared at around 300hp, in a 3600lbs FWD car, its a piece. Supercharges ruin reliability of the 3800series engines
    You're a tool, plain and simple. Completely ignorant. A GTP will easily run mid -high 13's with bolt ons and a pulley swap. My car doesn't weigh 3600lbs, either, clueless - it weighs in at 3414. Big difference from your bullshit numbers. And its unreliable you say??

My car has 160,000 miles on it all original, still going strong. Your Subaru is a such a piece of shit that it broke down during Car and Driver's long term test:

"We like the way the 2.5GT looks and drives, but we don't so much love the reliability record of the example in our long-term vehicle fleet, which suffered some drivability and mechanical issues."

So all you ever want to hear about is how awesome f-bodys are? Sorry i love f-bodys but i do like to drive and talk about other cars aswell. I like a little variety in my life.
    Good. Go to your import forum if you want to brag about your family sedan. Once again, nobody cares how much you love your subaru family hauler.

Why dont you drive over here to WI and i can show you some roads that we can test our 2 cars on lol that way we wont have to jack threads.
    Yes, thats right next door. Be over in a few minutes

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Well all the ones i have seen with over 120kmiles need new rings, infact just last night me and my GFs cousing and uncle were working on his riviera which is now shooting black smoke out if reved above 3krpms. We are gonna pull the engine to find the problem. when i first moved out my roomate had a 01 GTP at 80k miles needed a new head gasket and rings, his dads 04 we will never know because we rolled it at 20kmiles lol
    Nothing like making shit up. Anyone who says the 3800 series II, named one of Ward's top 10 best engines and one of the most reliable engines on the road even today, obviously doesn't know their head from their ass.

3800 series is near bulletproof, only common failure is intake manifold gaskets due to the stock ones being made of plastic instead of the aftermarket aluminum. When your pile of shit 4 cylinder can put down 563WHP through a Whipple Charger with a stock bottom end, that will be the day

You are nothing more than an import troll, go away.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

You said a pulley swap you didnt say anything about bolt ons. Im glad thats what they said about the engine, its funny when we were working on the car my GFs uncle a mechanic now for 20some years was talking about how he sees broken 3800 supercharged engine all the time. You can make 600awhp with my stock bottom end it wont last and neither will the stock bottom end of that engine. If you seriously think you can make over 600hp at the crank with the stock pistons and they wont break your retarded. Go put on some lincoln park and do us all a favor by killing yourself, Maybe swallow a knife or something

10's N/A

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information