Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Upcoming races:SC Stang, WRX, EVO 8

Got a few races coming up and im gonna try and get videos of all.

My buddy is picking up his WRX this weekend, puts down 287 to the wheels.

My other friend from work is trying to pick up an EVO 8, its stock.

The stang is a 94-98 body style, supercharged and not sure of much else, i know he paid 7k for it and the engine has 2k miles.

Hows do you guys think ill do against em? Im expecting to beat the EVO and WRX but the stang im not so sure about. All races will be going down on the drag strip.
    99 TA-T56 swapped, Lid, TB Bypass, LS6 Intake, !EGR, !AIR, Custom Cam, Mids, O/R-Y, 3:73s, Cutout, Flowmaster.
    A4 numbers w/ mids only 320RWHP 333RWTQ
    Cam numbers and track times soon.

98 NBM Hardtop Formula- Bone stock, A4, 187,000 miles
    13.8@ 103 2.1 60' 1357 DA

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Well as far as the Evo8 goes ive taken 3 of those around here. If its completely stock you should pull away pretty hard from a roll. The ones i ran all had basic performance upgrades, nothing crazy. From my experience SRT-4 Neons are more of a challenge.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

You will take them all if you can drive, the Evo is going to give you a good run considering your stock. Be a man and race them all from a dig roll races suck IMO.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Got a few races coming up and im gonna try and get videos of all.

My buddy is picking up his WRX this weekend, puts down 287 to the wheels.

My other friend from work is trying to pick up an EVO 8, its stock.

The stang is a 94-98 body style, supercharged and not sure of much else, i know he paid 7k for it and the engine has 2k miles.

Hows do you guys think ill do against em? Im expecting to beat the EVO and WRX but the stang im not so sure about. All races will be going down on the drag strip.
    You shouldn't have any trouble from the WRX considering it's power level. Just not enough for an LS1 with your mods. The EVO 8 should also be a win as well considering it's stock.

As far as the mustang goes, that's a tuffy. I'd have to know what was done to it since there are soooo many different combinations that are proven and relatively inexpensive for the 5-liter (assuming it's a 94-95)

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

The WRX and Evo should be easy kills. The Evo especially, you're racing a car with only 230WHP. Even if he outlaunches you, you'll run his ass down quickly.

As for the Mustang, anything could happen. A 94-98 with a Supercharger could be making just about anything for power, need more details
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

is the strip an 1/8 or a 1/4

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well my legacy put down, 257awhp and 281awtrq, and i ran a 13.67. If he is making 300morewhp and is 200lbs lighter than my car he could be a low 13 high 12 second car if he can drive. Mine is also auto which means i laucnh at 3200rpms instead of 5500 liek a stick car could, i have seen stick cars with my hp go 13.2s. But like i said thats if he can launch a AWHP car, with WRX tranny most people dont like too, i have seen them brake with less than 10kmiles on them when people launch on them often. The evo is stock and only a 8 you will win. As for the stang, you need to know if the engine is stock and when size S/C and the boost.

10's N/A

If he ever gets a shot at that WRX on the street he'll murder it. Those things aren't impressive at all on the top side.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol i know, but if they go from a dig a 12 second car is a 12 second car

black
    1999 prelude

I beat WRX's alot..

I have a turbo prelude and getzen_guy beats me so you should get him easy..

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Yes but the wrx is making 287 to the wheels, thats 100 more hp to the wheels than stock, if the kid is just getting it i doubt he knows how to launch that car, if that built a4 you have includes a stall i def wouldnt worry about any of these cars except for that stang since we dont know what kinda numbers hes making, also what tires and stick or auto.
    Last edited by LGT Guru; 04-15-2008 at 11:27 AM.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Lol i know, but if they go from a dig a 12 second car is a 12 second car
    12-seconds my ass...Maybe with Evan Smith driving it That's a 13-second car period point blank. I've seen several with around that power level run @ the strip. If he can launch his LS1, with 320 rear-wheel he won't have a problem. And like I said from a roll it would be humiliating.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well i have friends with legacys that have gone 13.2s with 250awhp stick, my auto went a 13.6. So he is making 30 more whp in a 300lbs lighter car. Your telling me shaving off 300lbs and adding 30 more wheel hp cant shave off .2 in the 1/4mile? Chances are its a 13 second car since he cant launch but a good driver could get the car to the 12s. Hell with 280hp to the ground i have seen legacys run 12s and they are 300lbs heavier, i agree his ls1 should be into the 12s and should beat the WRX.My car is trapping 100mph at a 13.6 BTW incase that helps you figure this race out lol

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

The evo and me will race after i get my stall, a 3800 yank. My best friend is getting the wrx and hes not a bad driver at all, but we both know about how terrible the trannies are in those cars so he really wont beat on it. Me and him both know he will outlaunch me before i stall my car, but after i do it should be pretty darn good with my DRs. The evo is gonna stay stock, im not worried about him really but itll be fun to mess around with. The stang i really want to know more about, if he can drive i think he will beat me, for now atleast haha. My car has more than 320 now, ive installed a lid, ls6 intake, PP TB, and done free mods plus some other stuff since my dyno but im expecting about 345 after my full tune.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    You will take them all if you can drive, the Evo is going to give you a good run considering your stock. Be a man and race them all from a dig roll races suck IMO.
    The only roll i ever done was against my co-worker with his bike, it was close though untill i saw him crouch down and take off.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    The evo and me will race after i get my stall, a 3800 yank. My best friend is getting the wrx and hes not a bad driver at all, but we both know about how terrible the trannies are in those cars so he really wont beat on it. Me and him both know he will outlaunch me before i stall my car, but after i do it should be pretty darn good with my DRs. The evo is gonna stay stock, im not worried about him really but itll be fun to mess around with. The stang i really want to know more about, if he can drive i think he will beat me, for now atleast haha. My car has more than 320 now, ive installed a lid, ls6 intake, PP TB, and done free mods plus some other stuff since my dyno but im expecting about 345 after my full tune.
    If he launches, you win. That WRX trans will be all over the road in a split second with 287WHP going through it. Guys blow those transmissions all the time at with stock engines, with the extra power it will simply explode. Complete garbage.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Well i have friends with legacys that have gone 13.2s with 250awhp stick, my auto went a 13.6. So he is making 30 more whp in a 300lbs lighter car. Your telling me shaving off 300lbs and adding 30 more wheel hp cant shave off .2 in the 1/4mile? Chances are its a 13 second car since he cant launch but a good driver could get the car to the 12s. Hell with 280hp to the ground i have seen legacys run 12s and they are 300lbs heavier, i agree his ls1 should be into the 12s and should beat the WRX.My car is trapping 100mph at a 13.6 BTW incase that helps you figure this race out lol
    Hmm. The cars i've seen in that power range are in the 13-second zone. Anythings possible with AWD though.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well, the legacys 5 speed and 6 speed can also handle launchs much better than the WRX, if he wants to drive it hard it coudl be a 12 second car, but you guys are correct that the WRX 5 speed can brake easy. I mean damn easy, like i said i have seen the tranny brake in under 10kmiles, most of my friends with WRX launch at 3500 maybe 4

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

disclaimer I'm not the best driver from a dig-

I ran a 13.6x @ 104mph and was beat by a wrx who ran 13.5x @ 98 mph--

I was running him down very fast, but ran out of track-- I launched horrible, and still almost beat him.

But this proves that a WRX with the right mods can hang.

I am willing to fully admit that I should be running probably 13.3 or maybe even a bit better..

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    disclaimer I'm not the best driver from a dig-

I ran a 13.6x @ 104mph and was beat by a wrx who ran 13.5x @ 98 mph--

I was running him down very fast, but ran out of track-- I launched horrible, and still almost beat him.

But this proves that a WRX with the right mods can hang.

I am willing to fully admit that I should be running probably 13.3 or maybe even a bit better..
    I wouldn't consider a 6MPH trap speed difference "hanging" at all...merely got the jump and ran with it, thats AWD for ya though.

Thread Information