Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Two Kills last night

Last night after eating at red lobster a guy in a Audi (the slower of the A4 or S4) asked if I wanted to run and he said he was modded so I said alright. We went from a 20 and I put probably a bus on him at the end of second so I just let off. He wouldn't pass me again. Then the big one my friends 06 STI. We did not get to go from a low roll like I wanted (4.11 gears) so we went from like 50. We were neck and neck till the end of fourth and I was probably a car length ahead. Great race his STI is a freak. Then the big kicker my belt tensioner broke so I had to get towed home. Oh well I got a new one to put on this evening.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good races, that sucks your tensioner broke. Hopefully the tow wasn't to exspensive.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

AAA ftw. Although it did take them some 3 hours to get to me.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Last night after eating at red lobster a guy in a Audi (the slower of the A4 or S4) asked if I wanted to run and he said he was modded so I said alright. We went from a 20 and I put probably a bus on him at the end of second so I just let off. He wouldn't pass me again. Then the big one my friends 06 STI. We did not get to go from a low roll like I wanted (4.11 gears) so we went from like 50. We were neck and neck till the end of fourth and I was probably a car length ahead. Great race his STI is a freak. Then the big kicker my belt tensioner broke so I had to get towed home. Oh well I got a new one to put on this evening.
    good kills, what mods do you have?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

QTP Longtubes, ORY, SLP LM2, Lid, 4.11 Gears, Ford Tru Trac 9" Rear end, and a tune. I have to admit Im surprised I did not kill the STI. Maybe if I got off from a lower roll it would have been better. I think the 4.11's hurt my top end alot.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Cant begin to tell you how many Honda's drove by me with their flashers on after my tensioner broke lol.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

QTP Longtubes, ORY, SLP LM2, Lid, 4.11 Gears, Ford Tru Trac 9" Rear end, and a tune. I have to admit Im surprised I did not kill the STI. Maybe if I got off from a lower roll it would have been better. I think the 4.11's hurt my top end alot.
    And you only hung next to a stock STI?? Either something is wrong with your car lol, or that STI had a ton of mods. I mean we're talking about a 235WHP 4 door sedan vs. a 320+WHP Muscle car, it shouldn't have even been a race.

I have 4.10's in my car, and my top end power is still awesome. On the highway, 4th gear is an animal, it only starts to taper off if I have to go into 5th gear, which is at 110MPH.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Wesman you attack like a pitbull on any import related threads, its great, and I respect the fact that you stick with your beliefs

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I was rather upset with the performance too. His car runs 12.8's in the 1/4 and I havent had my LS1 for 2 weeks yet. Not to mention I was 3 deep and he was the only one in his car. Either way I expected better. I'll no doubt run him again and let you know the outcome.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I was rather upset with the performance too. His car runs 12.8's in the 1/4 and I havent had my LS1 for 2 weeks yet. Not to mention I was 3 deep and he was the only one in his car. Either way I expected better. I'll no doubt run him again and let you know the outcome.
    He must have mods then. STI's can be low 13 second cars stock, in the hands of a very skilled driver who launches the car at 6K and eases off the clutch perfectly. Meaning the only ones who really run low 13's are magazines, because most people value their clutch more than that.

So for him to hit a 12.8, he must have some kind of mods. No STI runs a 12.8 bone stock. And if he says he has no mods, he's obviously bullshitting you, don't believe it.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

He has invidia turbo back exhaust. BOV....thats really it. I know he has a boost controller but he claims the boost wasn't turned up so I don't know.

2004/2003
    Honda S2000/ Ford Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    He must have mods then. STI's can be low 13 second cars stock, in the hands of a very skilled driver who launches the car at 6K and eases off the clutch perfectly. Meaning the only ones who really run low 13's are magazines, because most people value their clutch more than that.

So for him to hit a 12.8, he must have some kind of mods. No STI runs a 12.8 bone stock. And if he says he has no mods, he's obviously bullshitting you, don't believe it.
    Stock STI's will run 12.90's bone stock.. so with an exhaust and BOV it is very likely that he ran 12.8, especially if the boost is turned up at all.. You should still put a little more on him.. Well, you gotta figure two extra people at 150lbs apiece is 300lbs extra, which would be about 30hp lost in your race.. which would probably be almost a carlength, so you should ideally put 2 cars on him by that endpoint.. just by my calculations lol.. could be wrong... nice kills nevertheless

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged05 View Post
    Stock STI's will run 12.90's bone stock.. so with an exhaust and BOV it is very likely that he ran 12.8, especially if the boost is turned up at all.. You should still put a little more on him.. Well, you gotta figure two extra people at 150lbs apiece is 300lbs extra, which would be about 30hp lost in your race.. which would probably be almost a carlength, so you should ideally put 2 cars on him by that endpoint.. just by my calculations lol.. could be wrong... nice kills nevertheless
    I've never, ever, in my entire time at the track seen an STI hit a 12.9 stock. Nor have I ever read that in any mag, which tend to get the best times possible out of the car. So if a 6KRPM launch with a professional driver on a prepped track can only manage a 13.2-13.4, how the hell do you think some amature driver is going to pull a 12.9 on a stock STI, especially when they only trap at 102MPH?? Bullshit.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I just found out his boost was turned up. One of my other friends was with him that morning when he turned it up because he didn't want to loose to a trans am.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I just found out his boost was turned up. One of my other friends was with him that morning when he turned it up because he didn't want to loose to a trans am.
    Typical ricers.

2004/2003
    Honda S2000/ Ford Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I've never, ever, in my entire time at the track seen an STI hit a 12.9 stock. Nor have I ever read that in any mag, which tend to get the best times possible out of the car. So if a 6KRPM launch with a professional driver on a prepped track can only manage a 13.2-13.4, how the hell do you think some amature driver is going to pull a 12.9 on a stock STI, especially when they only trap at 102MPH?? Bullshit.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hp?t=134277137

Yes it does happen, I will find another link with more folks that have run 12.90's.. I personally know of a guy with an STI with a catback that runs 12.90's and he is no pro driver. Not sayin that all STI's have 12.9's in them, but some will run it..

Nice kill neverthless, but STI's can be quick, so with what he has done, it was a great kill

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

im convinced his car is a factory freak

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged05 View Post
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hp?t=134277137

Yes it does happen, I will find another link with more folks that have run 12.90's.. I personally know of a guy with an STI with a catback that runs 12.90's and he is no pro driver. Not sayin that all STI's have 12.9's in them, but some will run it..

Nice kill neverthless, but STI's can be quick, so with what he has done, it was a great kill
    Right...good source...club WRX...yea I believe that one...

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Cant begin to tell you how many Honda's drove by me with their flashers on after my tensioner broke lol.
    Dude I woulda been pissed...Freekin ricers

I think I would have thrown at em if I was you.

lol jk

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

broken or not...my car still looks better

Thread Information