Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Twin Turbo Supra vs. My WS6

This is a discussion on Twin Turbo Supra vs. My WS6 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Wesman If he does that he can kiss his driveability goodbye, the car will be a dyno ...

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    If he does that he can kiss his driveability goodbye, the car will be a dyno queen. It will be dog slow before the turbo spools, and then when the boost comes on it will just go sideways and bouce off the rev limiter through each gear. Supras can be made fast enough without changing turbos, once you do that the car does nothing but slide all over the road and spin the tires all the way down the drag strip.

Supra is about the only car that will runs 12's with 400WHP and still runs 12's with double that much
    LOL..all that information is false. 600-700rwhp can be done with a small to medium sized turbo. These turbos actually hit full boost quicker than stock turbo cars and drive better because the powerband is more linear. Not even close to being dyno queens. And as for hitting the revlimiter, maybe the auto matics with a stock stall MAY do that but its and easy fix. With a 6 spd all you have to do is "shift" before the limiter..lol. Its also very easy to raise the rpms of the limiter anyway so I am not sure why u would even mention that.
    72mm single turbo Mirra Chrome Supra
    BL built auto tranny equipped
    Best ET 10.75 Best mph 134 (old setup on 67mm turbo)
    New setup-704rwhp 518 rwtq unlocked converter
    "As seen in March 06 turbo magazine"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/smithcf/SO.jpg

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FEARSM View Post
    LOL..all that information is false. 600-700rwhp can be done with a small to medium sized turbo. These turbos actually hit full boost quicker than stock turbo cars and drive better because the powerband is more linear. Not even close to being dyno queens. And as for hitting the revlimiter, maybe the auto matics with a stock stall MAY do that but its and easy fix. With a 6 spd all you have to do is "shift" before the limiter..lol. Its also very easy to raise the rpms of the limiter anyway so I am not sure why u would even mention that.
    +1 I agree with all above. my friend has a supra and I know exactly what you are talking about. one more thing, the stock rearend of the Supra can hold way better that the LS1s bolts, I've seen a 750+rwhp supra on stock rearend. they are independent rear wheel.
    Last edited by djvaly; 06-01-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Its true I have a 87 wit ha 62mm trim turbo and when im racing my turbo is constantly spooling. I launch at 3200 the turbo is spooling when i shift i never drop the rpms below 3800 so the turbo is always spooling. Its not like im running on just motor off the line lol.

I give props to Supras, the only rice car that I respect... the others nope. another one that comes close a well built RX7...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I just like driving turbo cars i hope to some day turbo my LS1, eventually i want a 8.5 to 1 comp with a 72mm single turbo setup, possible a 402 or 408 stroker setup. I just like where you have power on turbo cars compared to non turbo, dont get me worng i love my LS1 more than my supra. Although my supra will soon be much faster than my LS1, im getting my new injecters, im just waiting on my seals to rebuild my old Turbo so i can take my spare piece of crap turbo off and then a tune im hopeing for 420 rwhp. At around 19-21 psi. the turbo on there now burn oil when it spools lol.

Blue
    99 Z28

I agree, the supras can be mean. ^ and + 1 on the rx-7's. I had a turbo RX7 that I got rid of right before I got my z28, and that thing was FUN!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I almost bought my friend matts 93 RX-7 before i got my T/A. The thing dynoed in at 535rwhp on car that light that thing moved. the only down fall to the supra is the weight god they weigh a fuck ton.

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I almost bought my friend matts 93 RX-7 before i got my T/A. The thing dynoed in at 535rwhp on car that light that thing moved. the only down fall to the supra is the weight god they weigh a fuck ton.
    The may weigh alot compared to the RX-7 but they arent that heavy. They are at the same weight as the Camaro/TA at about 3400 lbs. Thats the targa roof version. The hard tops usually come in at 3100-3200 lbs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I just like driving turbo cars i hope to some day turbo my LS1, eventually i want a 8.5 to 1 comp with a 72mm single turbo setup, possible a 402 or 408 stroker setup.
    the 402 or 408 , you'll love it! the CR won't be that low unless you do some internals forging and changes... you can get low 10s to high 9s CR so you can do 8-9lbs as s/c

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Curb wieght is 3500 pounds and im jsut saying heavy because they are imports and the idea on most imports is light weight like 2800 or so so for imports they are heavy thats what i meant.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I was thinking 402 forged internals with about 21psi turbo set up. Like i said though this is the future i got another kid about to pop out in november, getting ready for him or her lol.

good luck man

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

thanks

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Lets troll about Supras some more.

Give it a rest already, you're full of it.

What do you consider a "medium sized" turbo??

You act as if its easy to shift before the rev limiter in a 700-800WHP car that spins the tires through every gear and goes sideways.

A single turbo has a more "linear" powerband than a twin turbo setup?? Now I've heard it all, you're just making crap up as you go. You'll do anything to defend your precious Supra

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

THANK YOU

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

ANYWAYS......i was gonna race the supra today and on the way there we did a short little race...and he fucking blow his turbos...I dont know how...i know he did something to them before meeting up with me, idk...something that would reduce his lag...Anyways should have seen his face...Priceless, i felt bad though..hes a good friend of mine..we went back home...videoless and searched on ebay..his bidding on a TH88 single turbo...HE WILL SPANK ME WITH THAT ONE...unless.......LAUGHING GAS!!!!!!!!

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Lets troll about Supras some more.

Give it a rest already, you're full of it.

What do you consider a "medium sized" turbo??

You act as if its easy to shift before the rev limiter in a 700-800WHP car that spins the tires through every gear and goes sideways.

A single turbo has a more "linear" powerband than a twin turbo setup?? Now I've heard it all, you're just making crap up as you go. You'll do anything to defend your precious Supra
    A medium sized turbo is a 63-70mm turbo. If you knew what a stock twin turbo dyno graph looks like you would understand that you have the initial curve when the 1st turbo comes online, then you see a dip in power while the 2nd turbo spools up. Once it spools the the curve goes up again. On a single turbo or dyno graph there is no "dip" in power therefore the power comes on more linear.
    It has nothing to do about defending anything. Its about having a clue about the Supra. Obvious I know ALOT more about them than you do.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

A medium sized turbo is a 63-70mm turbo. If you knew what a stock twin turbo dyno graph looks like you would understand that you have the initial curve when the 1st turbo comes online, then you see a dip in power while the 2nd turbo spools up. Once it spools the the curve goes up again. On a single turbo or dyno graph there is no "dip" in power therefore the power comes on more linear.
    It has nothing to do about defending anything. Its about having a clue about the Supra. Obvious I know ALOT more about them than you do.
    I have always heard a single large turbo is more effecient and can provide quicker times than a twin turbo set up.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    I have always heard a single large turbo is more effecient and can provide quicker times than a twin turbo set up.
    generally speaking is true. one bigger turbo vs 2 smaller asynchronous turbo setup. that's what I heard too... not always the case...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information