Thread: turbo gti

pewter
    2002 camaro ss

turbo gti

today i was in town and this turbo gti pulls up beside me and rolls his window half way down and revs his engine so the light turns green and we take off and he gets a good car legth start on me because i was spinning bad but then i caught trac and took off ended up beating him bye just less then 2 car legths going about 85 in the middle of town in a 35mph speed zone. the the moron wants to get mad and try to fight me by running his mouth saying i cheated and i was gay LOL honestly i hate all ricers especially the ones who think they are thugs with there hats on backwards and tinted windows and everything but..... thats my story

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

wtf! 85 in a 35.

85 = Highway speeds (no lights, stop signs, turn offs, pedestrian cross walks etc.).

Nice kill-- just the wrong place to do it.

pewter
    2002 camaro ss

no i know trust me i was scared because of the speed limit and actully didnt realized i was going that fast till it was too late

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    arent all gti's turbo??
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

pewter
    2002 camaro ss

i dont know... maybe if so i feel stupid now lol

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    arent all gti's turbo??
    no..

some come with a 1.8t turbo motor, which can easily be made fast as hell with the right upgrades, and some came with the 2.8 VR6 which isn't a bad motor but takes alot of $$ to make fast.

Don't underestimate these cars... my buddy runs a tuner shop and his audi a4 1.8t smokes my car (big ass turbo setup, lots of boost, HUGE FMIC)

Im not a fan of them at all because i think VW products are most unreliable problematic cars (unless you are a mechanic, plan to spend $$$) but trust me it doesn't take much for them to be fast.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good kill, but it would have been a nasty ticket if you would have got caught

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    no..

some come with a 1.8t turbo motor, which can easily be made fast as hell with the right upgrades, and some came with the 2.8 VR6 which isn't a bad motor but takes alot of $$ to make fast.

Don't underestimate these cars... my buddy runs a tuner shop and his audi a4 1.8t smokes my car (big ass turbo setup, lots of boost, HUGE FMIC)

Im not a fan of them at all because i think VW products are most unreliable problematic cars (unless you are a mechanic, plan to spend $$$) but trust me it doesn't take much for them to be fast.
    i thought the vr6's were just called vr6's the 6 bangers and the gti's were just the 1.8 turbo ones. but yeah i know the 1.8 turbo ones have potential. i dunno. whatev. vdub is not in my bag....baby

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    i thought the vr6's were just called vr6's the 6 bangers and the gti's were just the 1.8 turbo ones. but yeah i know the 1.8 turbo ones have potential. i dunno. whatev. vdub is not in my bag....baby
    GTI's came with 3 different engines. The 2.0 (widely known as the 2.slow, but bulletproof nonetheless) was in the MK3 and MK4 GTI's, along with the VR6. The 1.8T was introduced in 2001, to slot between the 2.0 and 2.8 VR6. The VR6 is a very strange motor, its a V6, but both banks share one common cylinder head, as well as one intake and exhaust manifold.

Vdubs are not my thing either, but a couple of my friends have them, so I know the basics about them.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Thread Information