Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

Question trans am vs. any srt models

who has raced the dodge srt models what model and what was the result?

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

srt neons: aka skittles dont stand a chance,

srt rams: actually look like they are racing, a basic mods t/a will win

srt chargers:, okay i ran one of these belongs to a lady at my church shes really cool, cars were pretty even, both autos, my t/a has slps 350hp pac, i'm sure if i had a 6speed if would be a more clear race, if i had no mods it would have been a loss, but not by alot these are very heavy.

srt challengers: you'll lose everytime unless you have a cam or significant mods

vipers: dont even try unless you've got cam heads tune and other goodies, or have a nice NOS shot. i know of an 87 mustang with 400hp 5.0l w/ 150 shot that beat leann rimes 2001? viper, this couldve been because the viper couldnt get traction for a while (leann's dad was the driver fyi)

hope this helps bud
    Last edited by justinmc978; 10-25-2009 at 04:34 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

^^^^ agreed except the srt challengers. manual for manual you have a 50-50 chance of beating those too.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

charger srt is 50/50 if your stock. my dads charger just has a few bolt ons, and a switch under the dash to totally turn off traction, and he couldn't catch any traction when we raced. I was basically stock then

challenger srt is not a 50/50, I have tried multiple times and never got close; and i'm not stock anymore. Him and i were out for a drive in the challenger(m6) the other day and a kid I know with a ws6 tried runnin us at 40.. my dad downshifted into 2nd, spun into 3rd, and left the ws6 behind by quite a bit. I have ran against that ws6 too, and it was neck/neck

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by cant.b.caught.z28 View Post
    charger srt is 50/50 if your stock. my dads charger just has a few bolt ons, and a switch under the dash to totally turn off traction, and he couldn't catch any traction when we raced. I was basically stock then

challenger srt is not a 50/50, I have tried multiple times and never got close; and i'm not stock anymore. Him and i were out for a drive in the challenger(m6) the other day and a kid I know with a ws6 tried runnin us at 40.. my dad downshifted into 2nd, spun into 3rd, and left the ws6 behind by quite a bit. I have ran against that ws6 too, and it was neck/neck
    i raced a black m6 srt-8 charger the other day in tyler and spanked him good.

silver
    2002 ws6

oh i see. well not everyone is good at driving.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    i raced a black m6 srt-8 charger the other day in tyler and spanked him good.
    you are not close to stock friend

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

i have raced a few myself and i think it really depends on if its from a roll or a dig and actually how far your racing. Our cars have different torque curves than other cars as well and power bands so it all depends where and how your racing. If you wanna know who is faster look up quarter mile times. Hell, it aint about HP its about timeslips

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

since when did a charger srt come with a stick?? I don't think so... the chargers never had a standard option

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    oh i see. well not everyone is good at driving.
    and are you trying to say that I can't drive?

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    i have raced a few myself and i think it really depends on if its from a roll or a dig and actually how far your racing. Our cars have different torque curves than other cars as well and power bands so it all depends where and how your racing. If you wanna know who is faster look up quarter mile times. Hell, it aint about HP its about timeslips
    either can run from low 13's to mid... some of each have hit 12's stock. the challenger has more power but is around 700+ more pounds

an old miled out ls1 likely has no chance. both cars need to bring their a-game in this one

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

since when did a charger srt come with a stick?? I don't think so... the chargers never had a standard option
    sounded like a stick when he took off before we were racing... idk if they come in stick or not dont care for the cars... never got a chance to hear him when we were racing. he was never in front of me

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    either can run from low 13's to mid... some of each have hit 12's stock. the challenger has more power but is around 700+ more pounds

an old miled out ls1 likely has no chance. both cars need to bring their a-game in this one
    correct you are.. all about the driver in most cases

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    you are not close to stock friend
    haha. where is campbell?

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

^exactly we can have this argument all day, with cars that have similar times, its a coin flip, unless your from a roll or a dig and how far you plan on going. A car with an aggressive low torque curve will win stoplight to stoplight but wont do much good from a roll on an empty highway.

1998 Trans Am

haha. where is campbell?
    well north of tyler, um 5mins east of greenville on I-30, south of commerce on 50, 20 mins west of sulfer springs on 30, why?
    Last edited by justinmc978; 10-25-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

well north of tyler, um 5mins east of greenville on I-30, south of commerce on 50, 20 mins west of sulfer springs on 30, why?
    just seein if you were close to me. im 25 min south of tyler

1998 Trans Am

just seein if you were close to me. im 25 min south of tyler
    ahh well cbell is really my small hometown where the heart is, i'm in college station now at a&m, theres so many vettes and fbods here, (I don't have the fastest car in the town anymore) i'm sure i've passed through jacksonville going back and forth though, love your car man, cant wait till i have cash to get up into the 400+hp mark

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

ahh well cbell is really my small hometown where the heart is, i'm in college station now at a&m, theres so many vettes and fbods here, (I don't have the fastest car in the town anymore) i'm sure i've passed through jacksonville going back and forth though, love your car man, cant wait till i have cash to get up into the 400+hp mark
    thanks alot man, i got a big picture show your birds thread if you havent seen it.. im kinda strapped for cash now because i just got my own house but next is turbo hopefully.. post some pic of your bird!
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

white
    98 trans am

i was wondering about this also because a friend of mine has a brother with an r/t charger and he wants to race me at the park for a quarter of a mile strip. Will it be a close race or will i win, if so how bad will i beat him?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information