Results 1 to 18 of 18

toyota Yaris eats it :D

This is a discussion on toyota Yaris eats it :D within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; hey guys I was out on the beater car, teaching my new girlfriend how to drive in exchange for :chair: ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    toyota Yaris eats it :D

    hey guys I was out on the beater car, teaching my new girlfriend how to drive in exchange for :chair:

    any how, I run into a black yaris at a light and in about 1/4 mile the roads goes into one lane. so he gives me a rev, and I pretend to ignore it. so the light turns green, I quickly get it up to 4K and drop the clutch. A nice take off indeed. We were dead even from 1st to second, but the yaris driver missed his gear, and I ended up getting him by about a car and a half. A fun Race indeed. The yaris had a loud exhaust, and some horrible sounding base system.

  2. #2
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    what were you in that a yaris kept up with

  3. #3
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    lol... i wish the answer was a smart car..

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    what were you in that a yaris kept up with
    His LS1 F-body of course.

  5. #5
    3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,365

    Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    what were you in that a yaris kept up with
    We all want to know this.

  6. #6
    OOHHH YEAH! jray0305usa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    toledo ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    253

    black
    99 z28 a4

    escort wagon... civic with 2 dead cylinders... possibilitys are end less...lol

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    a beat up 1991 Honda Accord with one bad injector,bad EGR, Bad Fuel Pressure Reg, the cons are endless, I just use it at a tool for me to beat on. LOL


    Edit, here's my sig
    Last edited by SVG210; 04-26-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: adding my sig
    2000 TA Lid, Catback, Tune, Line-Locks, SFC's

    1991 Honda Accord (beater)

  8. #8
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    a beat up 1991 Honda Accord with one bad injector,bad EGR, Bad Fuel Pressure Reg, the cons are endless, I just use it at a tool for me to beat on. LOL


    Edit, here's my sig
    whats an M14 big cam? you just talkin bout an olded 855 big cam3?

  9. #9
    3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,365

    Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

    I smell a CDL?

    Yaris < Freightliner

  10. #10
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    I smell a CDL?

    Yaris < Freightliner
    literally

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    whats an M14 big cam? you just talkin bout an olded 855 big cam3?
    Well its just a bigger cam than the stock for that engine, It also has a bigger turbo, and diferent injectors no big deal on speed, I just need gobbles of torque because Im always haluing around 25-26 tons.

    Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    I smell a CDL?
    Yep CDL driver since Age 18. Now I run my own little gravell hauling business.

    Yaris < Freightliner
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    literally
    True That.

  12. #12
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Danville, California
    Posts
    80

    Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    lol yari's are so slow

  13. #13
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    Well its just a bigger cam than the stock for that engine, It also has a bigger turbo, and diferent injectors no big deal on speed, I just need gobbles of torque because Im always haluing around 25-26 tons.





    True That.
    still a mechanical engine? i love those smokey old bastards!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    still a mechanical engine? i love those smokey old bastards!
    yes its an M14 or something pre N14, but its a series before but a 14, I love Mechanical diesel injection, Its waaay cheaper to repair components.

  15. #15
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    yes its an M14 or something pre N14, but its a series before but a 14, I love Mechanical diesel injection, Its waaay cheaper to repair components.
    the only one i am aware of that size and pre n14 would be the 855 big cam III ---- the N14 is still 855 cubes but is beefed up in certain areas like the wrist pins and what not. 855 mechanicals were one of the best diesels ever made!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    the only one i am aware of that size and pre n14 would be the 855 big cam III ---- the N14 is still 855 cubes but is beefed up in certain areas like the wrist pins and what not. 855 mechanicals were one of the best diesels ever made!
    the previous owner had just rebuilt the engine, some writs pins were plasma treated or coated. and The Injectors were swapped for better ones. And the Turbo came from an Red Top (probably an N14 or ISb) 600hp Cummings Engine. Although I dont get boost untill late in the powerband. so it takes me a while to speed up. but once I'm in final gear, whoa boy, you can feel the power.

  17. #17
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    hey guys I was out on the beater car, teaching my new girlfriend how to drive in exchange for :chair:

    any how, I run into a black yaris at a light and in about 1/4 mile the roads goes into one lane. so he gives me a rev, and I pretend to ignore it. so the light turns green, I quickly get it up to 4K and drop the clutch. A nice take off indeed. We were dead even from 1st to second, but the yaris driver missed his gear, and I ended up getting him by about a car and a half. A fun Race indeed. The yaris had a loud exhaust, and some horrible sounding base system.
    hahaha yaris got
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  18. #18
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    the previous owner had just rebuilt the engine, some writs pins were plasma treated or coated. and The Injectors were swapped for better ones. And the Turbo came from an Red Top (probably an N14 or ISb) 600hp Cummings Engine. Although I dont get boost untill late in the powerband. so it takes me a while to speed up. but once I'm in final gear, whoa boy, you can feel the power.
    just crank up your fuel pressure a little more--- that'll help out your boost

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Toyota... yes, I said Toyota, service question
    By pajeff02 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  2. Who eats at the Y?
    By blackSS01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
  3. Dodge Magnum eats it
    By ls1camino in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 01:05 AM
  4. Toyota Yaris :)
    By fwellingtonfiii in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 06:01 PM
  5. ricer almost eats it!
    By astyles in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •