Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

pewter
    1999 Z28

Toyota Prius--WTF?

I'm at a red light, in the left lane of two lanes that narrow to one lane after the intersection. A nice new silver Prius hybrid is on my right. Now, I'm at this intersection every day, and always get through it first...most people just let me go, seeing what I drive. But at the green light, the Prius guy floors it to get in front of me before the lanes merge. I was kind of asleep at the wheel, so he's already two car lengths on me and I'm like "What the F---?" So I give it a little punch and squirt past. What the H-E-double hockey sticks was up with that? Must have been some angry little nerd.
    Last edited by ZedTwoEight; 11-15-2005 at 12:15 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that little earth-sensitive, green-peace, tree-hugger didn't want to be behind a good ole fashioned v8. That's funny. Guess he was trying to say "well, my eco-car should be at the front of the...WHAOAOAOAOAOAOOAA!!!!"

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

I wonder what there gas mileage drops down to when they go around racing LS1's??

sonnyred
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedTwoEight
    I'm at a red light, in the left lane of two lanes that narrow to one lane after the intersection. A nice new silver Prius hybrid is on my right. Now, I'm at this intersection every day, and always get through it first...most people just let me go, seeing what I drive. But at the green light, the Prius guy floors it to get in front of me before the lanes merge. I was kind of asleep at the wheel, so he's already two car lengths on me and I'm like "What the F---?" So I give it a little punch it and squirt past. What the H-E-double hockey sticks was up with that? Must have been some angry little nerd.
    Here are the times of the prius
    1 0 to30 2days
    2 0 to 60 one week
    3 quater mile 2 weeks
    4 but those suckers can eke out 60 mpg.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Dude, I'd rather ride my bicycle then drive on of those turds

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

there's better hybrids out there that don't look like ass...the accord for one. I seriously think the prius owners think their fast....maybe it's from the torque of the electric motor

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

quicky06
    actually hybrids will beat alot of cars off hte line those elctric motors get alot of bottom end torque

05 Wrangler

wooooooo...that's great, thanks for the laugh

quicky06
    it wasnt a joke

an electric motor will always be capable of more torque than an engine

sonnyred
    Quote Originally Posted by quicky06
    it wasnt a joke

an electric motor will always be capable of more torque than an engine
    Gas engine=76 hp 82ft lbs torque
    elec motor=67 hp 295 lbs torque
    0 to 60 10secs not bad considering you get 3000 dollar tax incentive. The bad news 3 month wait.
    Good second car.
    ---If you think nobody cares ,try missing a couple of payments

05 Wrangler

10 seconds...damn that's slow as hell. A v6 pickup can do it in 9, pretty sad. I do like the accord hybrids though...they even sqeezed out more hp than the reg v6.

pewter
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    10 seconds...damn that's slow as hell. A v6 pickup can do it in 9, pretty sad. I do like the accord hybrids though...they even sqeezed out more hp than the reg v6.
    yeah, except the Accord Hybrid is not really "squeezing" out more...its gas engine hasthe same output of the regular V6 Accord (240hp), PLUS the added electric motor output (an extra 15 hp). I've driven the Accord Hybrid..its got some serious launching power. If it was an Accord Hybrid that got the jump on me at that light, I would have just let him go.

sonnyred
    yeah, except the Accord Hybrid is not really "squeezing" out more...its gas engine hasthe same output of the regular V6 Accord (240hp), PLUS the added electric motor output (an extra 15 hp). I've driven the Accord Hybrid..its got some serious launching power. If it was an Accord Hybrid that got the jump on me at that light, I would have just let him go.
    Well yeah thats true but the prius is only a4cyl engine with the idea of giving high numbers in miles per gallon and, it does that. Thats why it's so attactive to some people. It helps to keep our gas prices down ,plus opec hates them oil companies hate them. Look gas prices are coming down i believe these cars are making a good contribution to that end. It sort of offsets the suv gas guzzlers and big trucks.Look at the trouble gm is in with thier big suvs and trucks and no real hybrid. Prius 55 to 60 mpg ain't bad, people are waiting in line to buy them .The technology that goes into them is astounding .Just do a little reading on thier synegy system.Sorry but it's the future

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I'm waiting for Hydrogen cars to come out. I would be afraid to drive a Prius on the roads where I live anyhow. God forbid you get hit from behind in one of those things.

Red
    '85 GT

"Eat my voltage!!! Mullet man!!"

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I'm at a red light, in the left lane of two lanes that narrow to one lane after the intersection. A nice new silver Prius hybrid is on my right. Now, I'm at this intersection every day, and always get through it first...most people just let me go, seeing what I drive. But at the green light, the Prius guy floors it to get in front of me before the lanes merge. I was kind of asleep at the wheel, so he's already two car lengths on me and I'm like "What the F---?" So I give it a little punch and squirt past. What the H-E-double hockey sticks was up with that? Must have been some angry little nerd.
    Maybe he is confused and thinks he has a hyper-drive instead of a hybrid-drive?

sonnyred
    accord startimg price 31,500 prius about 21,000 ,you figure.

sonnyred
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    What do mean thats slow? That will get you on the hyway in plenty of time.Not every body drives like us.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyred
    accord startimg price 31,500 prius about 21,000 ,you figure.
    $31.5k for a frickin' Accord?

Thread Information