Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

toyed with a V6 Firebird

This is hilarious.

I see a Firebird front end in my rear view, I see him catching up pretty fast, He goes by and I change lanes and follow.

As he went by I noticed it was a base model V6 Firebird (hard-top) not a Formula.

I hear him romp on the gas and I hear a very nice exhaust. I looked and saw two nice size chrome tips extending from the rear bumper.

After he got on the gas, I was in 4th probably doing about 45 mph, I drop to third (not even second gear) and floor it, and I am flying up on him (he is still hard on the gas)

He proceeds to drive reckless, So I let him weave in and out of traffic, while I stay back, because killing me and my pregnant wife wasn't on the agenda for the day.

A few miles up we catch a light, I pull up beside him (we were a few cars back from the front So i didn't get a chance to roast him from the light). I said nice exhaust, He said thanks, I confirmed it was A V6, he said yeah. He said his exhaust was Magnaflow and he said it was the best investment he has made on the car. I told him that is probably what I am going to go with.

He asked if I was a "stick" I said yeah, He said that is why you could fly up on me. I just smiled and me and my wife laughed as I pull in front of him and go about my business.

LOL -- I have a stick that is how I caught up and was all in his rear bumber so quick. LOL.

It has nothing to do with 125 more HP I have, or the godly amount of torque my WS6 has. It must be the tranny. LOL

He seemed cool, but either - A) He knows nothing about cars, or B) He is in serious denial of his cars capability.

If Magnaflow sounds that good on a V6, I can't wait to hear it on my V8.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    This is hilarious.

I see a Firebird front end in my rear view, I see him catching up pretty fast, He goes by and I change lanes and follow.

As he went by I noticed it was a base model V6 Firebird (hard-top) not a Formula.

I hear him romp on the gas and I hear a very nice exhaust. I looked and saw two nice size chrome tips extending from the rear bumper.

After he got on the gas, I was in 4th probably doing about 45 mph, I drop to third (not even second gear) and floor it, and I am flying up on him (he is still hard on the gas)

He proceeds to drive reckless, So I let him weave in and out of traffic, while I stay back, because killing me and my pregnant wife wasn't on the agenda for the day.

A few miles up we catch a light, I pull up beside him (we were a few cars back from the front So i didn't get a chance to roast him from the light). I said nice exhaust, He said thanks, I confirmed it was A V6, he said yeah. He said his exhaust was Magnaflow and he said it was the best investment he has made on the car. I told him that is probably what I am going to go with.

He asked if I was a "stick" I said yeah, He said that is why you could fly up on me. I just smiled and me and my wife laughed as I pull in front of him and go about my business.

LOL -- I have a stick that is how I caught up and was all in his rear bumber so quick. LOL.

It has nothing to do with 125 more HP I have, or the godly amount of torque my WS6 has. It must be the tranny. LOL

He seemed cool, but either - A) He knows nothing about cars, or B) He is in serious denial of his cars capability.

he's just one of those typical v6 f-bod/or stang owners that put dual exhaust on their car, floor it at every stop, and try to race everyone

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

You forgot the other options he might be fucking nuts or all three.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001hawk View Post
    You forgot the other options he might be fucking nuts or all three.
    lol, yeah i left the most important one out
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

yeah I guess that was another option I could have listed. lol

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i had a guy tell me that his v6 camaro would beat my v8 pontiac, if i didn't have the dual exhaust on it. this was after i wasted him twice in first gear from a stop.

here's the story

while putzing around in the wife's car one night, a 3.8 v6 camaro all stock tries me. from the light, take off and by 2nd gear i let out. so, him not having enough of that he tries again at about 50 mph. run him through 2nd gear and let out. now, we get to another red light and he asks me if it was a v8. i said yes. he says; oh, i didn't see the second tailpipe. then asks me if i had anything done to it. so, i purge. he goes is that what i think it is?? i said, yep.. then his girlfriend in another car pulls up next to him and says, he beat you bad!!! he tells her; he's got nitrous, SHUT UP!!! and i said i didn't even use it.

(now here's the education part) he says this: if i didn't have the exhaust he would've beat me. i said really??? and he says yep, cause a v6 camaro can beat a v8 pontiac the bad part is, he was serious when he said that. i said; don't think so and drove off.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i had a guy tell me that his v6 camaro would beat my v8 pontiac, if i didn't have the dual exhaust on it. this was after i wasted him twice in first gear from a stop.

here's the story

while putzing around in the wife's car one night, a 3.8 v6 camaro all stock tries me. from the light, take off and by 2nd gear i let out. so, him not having enough of that he tries again at about 50 mph. run him through 2nd gear and let out. now, we get to another red light and he asks me if it was a v8. i said yes. he says; oh, i didn't see the second tailpipe. then asks me if i had anything done to it. so, i purge. he goes is that what i think it is?? i said, yep.. then his girlfriend in another car pulls up next to him and says, he beat you bad!!! he tells her; he's got nitrous, SHUT UP!!! and i said i didn't even use it.

(now here's the education part) he says this: if i didn't have the exhaust he would've beat me. i said really??? and he says yep, cause a v6 camaro can beat a v8 pontiac the bad part is, he was serious when he said that. i said; don't think so and drove off.
    very funny, when people actually believe the BS they spew, that makes it even better. Man you should have gave him a 5 car lead, and then still whooped his butt, (w/o) the juice. At least his GF witness his idiocity.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

this 350z was rambling how he beat all these kinds of car.....from an evo to a gt...then he mentioned trans am......and thats when i stepped in and said..hey! how about we race next thursday(cruise night).......he spoke cocky and said...yeah why not"pshh"........then when the following thursday came....we met up at some place and had 2 runs....the first one was badass..(had a good take off)....2nd one ..not so good cuz i felt like fucking around n decided to take off in 1st(im an a4)...so i take off burning out..and then he got a good head start...but i eventually catch up....so he asked me '' are you sure all you have is headers and intake''...i just replied with a yeah man...and now im here

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

haha, i have a V6 and i know my place, behind the V8's. One time i was at a Red light with my windows down, and a trans am pulls up next to me and rolls down his windows. I said "whats up" and he just says "wanna race?". i reply "no because i know you will win". He and his buddy were laughing their a$$e$ off. When the light turned green they step on the gas and take off. We caught 3 red lights in a row and they were harrassing me the whole time. Then when i drive by their other friends that were parked at the "hang out" they boo'd me because i didnt race. why race when you know the outcome, and risk getting a ticket, sorry if this was off topic.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by innerchi89 View Post
    haha, i have a V6 and i know my place, behind the V8's. One time i was at a Red light with my windows down, and a trans am pulls up next to me and rolls down his windows. I said "whats up" and he just says "wanna race?". i reply "no because i know you will win". He and his buddy were laughing their a$$e$ off. When the light turned green they step on the gas and take off. We caught 3 red lights in a row and they were harrassing me the whole time. Then when i drive by their other friends that were parked at the "hang out" they boo'd me because i didnt race. why race when you know the outcome, and risk getting a ticket, sorry if this was off topic.
    That is a good point. I hate when people wanna race and they don't stand a chance, I could shift from 1st to 4th and still beat them, then I don't want to race them.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I only race those people when they really think they can win.

BWWAAA HAHAHHA...im picturing that in my head happening and its funny as shit...i could just imagine two crazy asses screwing with you, and your prob just like "wtf, leave me alone" lol ahhahhahaha

red
    2000 WS6

If Magnaflow sounds that good on a V6, I can't wait to hear it on my V8.[/QUOTE]

My WS6 had a Magnaflow on it when we bought our car. I had never heard one before mine, ABSOLUTELY love it. I don't care for raspy sounding exhaust systems and this has none of that. Enjoy!
    00 T/A WS6 - "a few mods"

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by jb'sWS6 View Post
    My WS6 had a Magnaflow on it when we bought our car. I had never heard one before mine, ABSOLUTELY love it. I don't care for raspy sounding exhaust systems and this has none of that. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

thanks for the input, it definately helps solidify my decision.

Black
    1998 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by jb'sWS6 View Post
    My WS6 had a Magnaflow on it when we bought our car. I had never heard one before mine, ABSOLUTELY love it. I don't care for raspy sounding exhaust systems and this has none of that. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

My brother just got a 1996 Firebird with a 3.8 and after reading this thread I ordered the Magnaflow exhaust for it

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Glad this thread could be of some assistance

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

What a bunch of retards, I know of two 6cyl's (one being a 97 firebird and one a 99-04 mustang both turbo cars) that would walk all over a WS6, T/A, SS, Z28. The mustang runs like high 10's and the firebird runs mid to high 11's all day long. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 00ssSLP View Post
    What a bunch of retards, I know of two 6cyl's (one being a 97 firebird and one a 99-04 mustang both turbo cars) that would walk all over a WS6, T/A, SS, Z28. The mustang runs like high 10's and the firebird runs mid to high 11's all day long. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

Yeah I know what you are saying..

Anything can be fast with enough time and money.
    A mostly stock evo at the track the other night ran 13.00. While I only got a 13.76 -- that is a 2.0 4 cylinder. No real car enthusiast thinks that a V6 can't be powerful/ fast. Or even a 4 cylinder for that matter.

This story is about the typical V6er thinking their car is fast just because it is a Mustang, or F-body. Many times they aren't even car enthusiasts and don't even know that there is a difference in a V8 and V6, they sometimes don't even know that the Fbody comes with different engines.

I honestly think they guy, was serious, he thought the only reason I could beat him was because I had a stick. LOL

Thread Information