Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

tore an evo a new asshole

This is a discussion on tore an evo a new asshole within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 My friend just put meth injection on his STI. It's still nothing impressive IMO. 35k car, ...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    My friend just put meth injection on his STI. It's still nothing impressive IMO. 35k car, with about 6k in mods and it can finally run where my old 02 bolt on, 4.11, tuned WS6 was.
    last year i ran an STI and i know at the very least he had a BOV and exhaust.
    he had the jump on me and i just went around him like nothing, i was kinda shocked because i figured he would of put up a better fight.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

It's mind bottling to me. We know a guy who has a black Evo 9 with meth and he pulled on my WS6 from a roll and he had less mods than the STI did. They are fun cars to drive, way nicer interior than the Evo's, again in my opinion. but when it comes to modding with that money he has invested it should be way faster. He still claims to be able to whoop on V8's all day long, I'd like to see him run into Mrr23 one day or line up with a cobra. Picking on GT's is nothing.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    last year i ran an STI and i know at the very least he had a BOV and exhaust.
    he had the jump on me and i just went around him like nothing, i was kinda shocked because i figured he would of put up a better fight.

BOV isn't a power mod just so you know. If you could hear the BoV more then likely he's running a VTA BoV which is actually poorer for the car.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

BOVs are there so you dont blow up your engine from too much PSI.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

The VTA (Vent to Atmosphere if I remember right) are worthless for cars. They let go of all pressure and it makes the turbo work harder. That is to my knowledge I'm sure 4tun8 knows more about it than I do. Recirculating valves are what most turbo cars have.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Both of you are wrong. A blow off valve is a device that was set into place to reduce lag between shifts and to save the life of a turbo. Prior to cars having a Diverter Valve or a Blow off Valve when a person would lift off the gas during boost the throttle plate would close and the boost pressure would only have one place to go...........back through the turbo backwards.

This is bad for turbos and causes lag between shifts since the turbo has to firstly stop spinning backwards before it can build boost.

VTA blow off valves are GREAT and most of the best blow off valves are VTA, the Tial 50mm for example. However this is only true with cars that use speed density calculations as part of the cars fueling system. If the car uses Mass Air metering like most cars do.......VTA will cause conditions that are a hinderance.

Most true performance enthusiests that have Metered cars will recognize a person using a blow off valve as being a ricer and they just want to hear the sound. I have a great diverter valve on my car but over my external wastegate and the fact that it recirculates............you'll probably never hear it.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

N/A for the win!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Not when it comes to the Big Boys, its Turbo FTW, All the BIG Block guys are taking it to a new level. its getting Good.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'd love to have a couple of turbo's!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

IMO 2 turbo's are only efficient when you have BIG cubic inch and 1500+ Hp, Otherwise 1 Single will do the job for alot Cheaper.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Both of you are wrong. A blow off valve is a device that was set into place to reduce lag between shifts and to save the life of a turbo. Prior to cars having a Diverter Valve or a Blow off Valve when a person would lift off the gas during boost the throttle plate would close and the boost pressure would only have one place to go...........back through the turbo backwards.

This is bad for turbos and causes lag between shifts since the turbo has to firstly stop spinning backwards before it can build boost.

VTA blow off valves are GREAT and most of the best blow off valves are VTA, the Tial 50mm for example. However this is only true with cars that use speed density calculations as part of the cars fueling system. If the car uses Mass Air metering like most cars do.......VTA will cause conditions that are a hinderance.

Most true performance enthusiests that have Metered cars will recognize a person using a blow off valve as being a ricer and they just want to hear the sound. I have a great diverter valve on my car but over my external wastegate and the fact that it recirculates............you'll probably never hear it.
    Thanks for the info bro

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

No prob.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

much better conversation.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    IMO 2 turbo's are only efficient when you have BIG cubic inch and 1500+ Hp, Otherwise 1 Single will do the job for alot Cheaper.
    I was thinking something that would spool up fast for street use on a 454 LSX build. I've always heard 2 smaller twins would be better on the street than one big one. I could be wrong though. I didn't to much research yet seeing I still need to get to the motor first. I've got the rear now so next is a built 6 speed and clutch.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

With such a big motor you don't notice turbo lag because you're already making so much power, that's why twins is kind of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post

Thats is only true in draw thru maf applications.Blow thru maf it doesnt matter.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Thats is only true in draw thru maf applications.Blow thru maf it doesnt matter.

Yeah thanks bro, I was trying to give a broad general explanation, not go into using things like MAF translators.

der König des CyaLataBye the shag's Avatar

Onyx Black
    02 Camaro Z28

Force feeding the LS1 is way out of reach at the moment, but I am looking into it in the future. I know when you hear v8 you think "supercharger" but it seems like a TT setup is becoming more popular for our engines/cars. Can somebody explain to me why?

Please don't bash my car... I saved it from Mexicans

Electron Blue
    2002 Corvette Z06

Good kill. EVO with just exhaust have no chance against a nicely bolted LS. Suprised he tried messing with you on the highway of all things.
    2008 Lexus IS250 AWD (sold)
    2005 EVO8 - 460awhp (sold)
    1994 Nissan Sentra XE (beater)
    2002 Electron Blue Corvette Z06
    Performance |Halltech Venom, 3:73s, LS7 Clutch
    Exterior |Chrome wheels, ECC Clear corners, Lowered, Tint

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Killa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information