Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

thank you vin diesel

This is a discussion on thank you vin diesel within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; lmao.......u couldnt catch awd traction aye? somthin tells me u were being sarcastic.....maybe clutch traction...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

lmao.......u couldnt catch awd traction aye? somthin tells me u were being sarcastic.....maybe clutch traction

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

remind him that he's driving a foreigner and send him back to mommy with a fried clutch.

pewter

driving a forigner? is that riding pedros back or somthing? lol

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    lmao.......u couldnt catch awd traction aye? somthin tells me u were being sarcastic.....maybe clutch traction
    No. I have no traction in 1st gear. I had my stock clutch to 52000 miles before I replaced it with the ACT (mild street clutch). It can hold 476 ft/lbs which is way more than enough.

pewter

u spin all 4 tires in 1st gear with no traction??????? come on..lol.......u need some new tires if thats the case bro...theres guys on here with drag rads with 500 ft/lbs launching at 5k without traction issues ......thats gotta be fun though lighting up all 4 ..hehe

u spin all 4 tires in 1st gear with no traction??????? come on..lol.......u need some new tires if thats the case bro...theres guys on here with drag rads with 500 ft/lbs launching at 5k without traction issues ......thats gotta be fun though lighting up all 4 ..hehe
    Its really not uncommon sir especially with the cold weather. I actually do need some new tires, however the ones I have now are decent. (Kuhmo MX's) If I rev up and drop the clutch I smoke all 4 for a second before rocketing out and hitting the rev limiter, its pretty awesome. My 11.9 run was with a 1.82 60". My friend with an EVO was at the track same day and was cutting 1.6s so I know I can do much better. Here is a vid of him launching on the street against a Typhoon (far right lane). He spins hard in 1st as well.

http://media.putfile.com/Mike-Launching

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    A lousy 11.93 Couldnt catch traction.
    You couldn't catch traction on a prepped track with AWD...

Wow, now I've heard it all....

pewter

u spin for a sec? whats wrong with that? sounds like great traction to me........i could prolly spin for several miniutes with my shitty tires...lol..somthiing has to give EE whne your dumping at 5k.........tires/clutch/tranny???? but somthing so be happy its the tires

u spin for a sec? whats wrong with that? sounds like great traction to me........i could prolly spin for several miniutes with my shitty tires...lol..somthiing has to give EE whne your dumping at 5k.........tires/clutch/tranny???? but somthing so be happy its the tires
    Yeah its the tires. Everyone hoots and hollers about abuse but if you know how to properly launch along with having a good clutch, everything will be fine. The 9 second Turbotrix EVO out of NJ is on stock transfer case and rear. They pull 1.4 60" on slicks, everything is in tact.

As for me with spinning, if I am moving in 1st gear and nail it, it grabs and spins, its not like Im sitting there smoking the tires, but realize 1st gear only goes to 40mph so it goes by fast. When at the track and launching, youre dead stopped obviously and are revving up to 5500rpm or so and with that will come more spin. I SHOULD have been able to pull a 1.65 or so but the best I could muster was a 1.82. L I dont spin as much when its hot out but I went to Atco in 40-50* weather so that didnt help along with 50% treadlife!

pewter

what was your mph on that 11.9 run??? be happy with your slippery tires and 11.9 time slip......thats movin bro.....and your doing it without any reliablity issues.....congrats

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

If it was turbo'ed with AWD, I would rather have a GMC Syclone. Those trucks are still cool as hell. Never did care for the Typhoon that much, too bulky looking.

I like Evos, EE1983's Evo is sweet! My neighbor had a black one, he traded it in for a new Miata! I know right.

He came by the house when I crunk the Z up with just Longtubes, right after the head install, and revved the Miata a little with a big sh*teatin' grin on his face. I could barely hear it, sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

Then he started telling me about a supercharger install he was thinking about doing, and I am thinking to myself, "Go ahead and drop 5 grand in that rag, and you might be in the 14 sec range."
    Last edited by Roastem; 01-23-2007 at 12:08 PM.

what was your mph on that 11.9 run??? be happy with your slippery tires and 11.9 time slip......thats movin bro.....and your doing it without any reliablity issues.....congrats

118.00 ON THE DOT!

pewter

NICE...........man i wanna run ya from a roll..should be pretty close tilll we get up top...well over a 100 or so....till i get some much better tires you'd roast me off the line...even up top..118 trap is pretty dam fast

NICE...........man i wanna run ya from a roll..should be pretty close tilll we get up top...well over a 100 or so....till i get some much better tires you'd roast me off the line...even up top..118 trap is pretty dam fast

Yeah we would be a great race! Those runs were on pump gas, Im going to try and get back to Atco when they open and throw some race gas in there and hopefully get a 120mph trap in there.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Hey EE, what are you trapping in the 1/8th?

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Hey EE, what are you trapping in the 1/8th?
    I think all my runs were around 90mph. Id have to check the timeslips to be exact.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Running 11.9's by dropping the clutch at 5K is all well and good until you blow out the driveline on your car. Its a rally car, not a drag car, theres no way the trans, clutch, transfer case, CV shafts, or differential are built for that kind of drag strip abuse.

Have fun replacing your entire driveline, I've seen plenty of DSM's and Evos shit out their entire drivelines from that kind of abuse, espeically transfer cases and clutches. Considering the compact area that the driveline on the Evo is packed into, you can only make the components so strong due to size restraints. A T56 is probably as big as your entire trans, diff, and transfer case combined.

pewter

i wouldnt do it either having that fear if i owned one........that thing is fast as hell though running a 118 trap wes

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Running 11.9's by dropping the clutch at 5K is all well and good until you blow out the driveline on your car. Its a rally car, not a drag car, theres no way the trans, clutch, transfer case, CV shafts, or differential are built for that kind of drag strip abuse.

Have fun replacing your entire driveline, I've seen plenty of DSM's and Evos shit out their entire drivelines from that kind of abuse, espeically transfer cases and clutches. Considering the compact area that the driveline on the Evo is packed into, you can only make the components so strong due to size restraints. A T56 is probably as big as your entire trans, diff, and transfer case combined.

It can handle it. The 2003-2004 EVOs had crap drivetrains (paticularly the transfer cases) which makes them suck. I have a 2005 and Mitsu got rid of the weak spider gears and put an LSD in there. They also updated the transmission with stronger synchros. DSMs are 15 year old cars that came with 200hp. No suprise they break. My car is approaching 70k miles and doesnt have a hint of problems and I doubt it will well beyond 100k. I would not say that if I had a 2003 or 2004.

Actually they are built for the abuse. Like I said before, Turbotrix's 900whp EVO runs on full stock drivetrain other than transmission, and other people like SLOWEVO from FL who has a 903whp EVO run the stock transmission. It can handle it.

What it cant handle is fools who cannot drive and dont know how to launch. For instance, some tool bag from Freehold with an EVO was telling me he was on his 4th clutch with 25,000 miles - he had 310whp. I have much more power and my original stock clutch lasted 52,000 miles. What does that say about that kids driving? AWD is not forgiving to fools who do not how to drive in general, let alone drag race.

A T56 is a great transmission. Do you happen to have any specs on the sizes of the gears and such?
    Last edited by EE1983; 01-23-2007 at 03:05 PM.

Also, you dont just rev up to xx RPM and literally drop the clutch. You rev up and slip it QUICKLY. That prevents drivetrain shock and allows for a solid launch. Ive been driving AWD cars since the day I turned 17. I learned how to launch them and how to NOT launch them. This is why I have a reliable car that I in a way, abuse.

Believe me, Id be the first to not want something unreliable. That is a big issue with me, and so far, my car has lived up to the expecations I gave it of handling the power and abuse Ive thrown at it, simple as that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information