Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: terminators...

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

terminators...

Was cruising town in my trans am looking at all the nice cars a sunny Sunday usually yields yesterday, and after taking off from a stoplight I hear a crisp rev coming from the opposite bound lane. What do I see non other than a mysticobra very nice looking car prick looking guy driving it acting like I was in a damn excort or something. Figured he wanted a race but through a busy town is never a good idea, so I just shrugged it off and kept driving. Never saw him the rest of the day though I got to thinking if I would even put up a fight against the car. So my question to all of you is have you ever been bit by a cobra? Or ever killed one? I've never been beat by a car in my trans am yet but feel I am awfully close now.... more mods are in order! Just wanna see everyone's opinion on it not saying I'm a mustang guy but my next car will be a terminator if I can find one when I'm buying next.
    2002 WS6 A4 Slp lid,
    longtube headers w/ high flow cats,
    loudmouth exhaust, SLP y-pipe,
    799 Heads, TSP Tv2, Dual valve springs, titanium retainers,
    Chromoly pushrods, 12 Bolt rear 3.73 gears
    torque thrust II black 17-9.5" front 17-10" rear

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I would be careful with those Cobra's. The supercharged cars are nasty stock but when you start modding them they become deadly. I looked at your mods and you should be about equal with a non-supercharged car. A Cobra's bite can be deadly.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Cobras are nasty...I have a friend who has headers, ported blower, and 2.65" upper pulley who put down 518whp & 497 rwtq and runs 11.06 @ 126 on stock suspension and IRS.

You'd be hard pressed to beat a mildly modded one with even a H/C/I build unless you add a lot of weight reduction to the mod list as well.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

I have heard stories of ls1 cars pulling on stock cobras 03-04. But I am in doubt they were stock ls1 f-body cars. I'm planning on 799 heads a Texas speed can and 92/92 intake tb set up with 3500 stall by time summer is walking out. So I'm confident I could get a stock termi but anything but I know I'll be seeing tail lights... its kinda depressing.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by freaky57fast View Post
    I have heard stories of ls1 cars pulling on stock cobras 03-04. But I am in doubt they were stock ls1 f-body cars. I'm planning on 799 heads a Texas speed can and 92/92 intake tb set up with 3500 stall by time summer is walking out. So I'm confident I could get a stock termi but anything but I know I'll be seeing tail lights... its kinda depressing.
    Stock Termis and mildly-modded Termis are a difference of over 100whp. To me, mildly-modded are mods that can be done in a day. Swapping out a stock blower for a ported one with a small pulley and doing a tune will put a Cobra into the 500s. Stock termis have been known to dyno near 400whp, so they are no slouch. When I was H/C/I (445whp/395rwtq) I ran against a bone stock termi and I pulled maybe half a car on him from a 40-roll to about 130-ish.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Did the terminators have a snake or horse up front? I get confused with these cars I know hood and rear are different.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Did the terminators have a snake or horse up front? I get confused with these cars I know hood and rear are different.
    Snake.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Snake.
    Ok thanks so the terminators were made with mysticobra paint then too I thought the 96-97 or something like that was what had the paint job.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

96 Cobra had a paint called mystic, 04 Cobra is mystichrome,super cool factory paint!
    2007 Corvette...stock...

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I know a guy in my town, kinda a friend of a friend...has a 03 Terminator...525HP to the wheels modded heavy tells everyone its a 10 sec car, saw him at the track running 12.5's all day then broke down. Pulley problem. We pulled a few times on the highway and a few times on the street a while back and I hung with him every time! Couldn't beat him though! I don't think he drives that well because we all know that car should be faster than that!!! But its just another mustang that looks faster than it is!!!
    2001 WS.6, Borla Adj cat back exhaust, Borla Twin Tips, BBK shorties, High Flow Cats, Y Pipe, UMI strut tower brace, SLP Lid + K&N Filter, Smooth bellow,85mm MAF, Polished Throttle Body, Hurst gumball knob, Hood wrap with Black Stripes, Frost Tune.

White
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

Stock termi is very close to an oxymoron.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    I know a guy in my town, kinda a friend of a friend...has a 03 Terminator...525HP to the wheels modded heavy tells everyone its a 10 sec car, saw him at the track running 12.5's all day then broke down. Pulley problem. We pulled a few times on the highway and a few times on the street a while back and I hung with him every time! Couldn't beat him though! I don't think he drives that well because we all know that car should be faster than that!!! But its just another mustang that looks faster than it is!!!
    Looks faster than it is? Hmmm Idk about most people but 515 isn't much to shrug at. Seems with the right driver... but like I said I'd love one of those cars I'm just not a fi guy. I like all american vehicles but the fbody cars just stand out one reason I didn't buy the 06 goat I was looking at. But like I stated above the mysticrome (as corrected thank you 02transamac) it just stands out very unique. So far I've saw like 4 zl1 fifth gens around town after you see something it just gets old or uninteresting seeing it everyday you're driving to work. Just my opinion.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    Looks faster than it is? Hmmm Idk about most people but 515 isn't much to shrug at. Seems with the right driver... but like I said I'd love one of those cars I'm just not a fi guy. I like all american vehicles but the fbody cars just stand out one reason I didn't buy the 06 goat I was looking at. But like I stated above the mysticrome (as corrected thank you 02transamac) it just stands out very unique. So far I've saw like 4 zl1 fifth gens around town after you see something it just gets old or uninteresting seeing it everyday you're driving to work. Just my opinion.

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

Termis did not have a snake up front stock. They had a pony. The rear chubby spoiler is the easiest give away from a non termi new edge cobra(99-01). My bro has a stock termi and me with only headers ls6 intake and no tune I am pretty much even with him if not a length behind or so. They are fast and modded they are insane.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by goof4080 View Post
    Termis did not have a snake up front stock. They had a pony. The rear chubby spoiler is the easiest give away from a non termi new edge cobra(99-01). My bro has a stock termi and me with only headers ls6 intake and no tune I am pretty much even with him if not a length behind or so. They are fast and modded they are insane.
    Are you positive they had a horse? Cause all Google is giving me are cobra snakes in the grille along with no grille per say also I know how to identify them by bumper or hood.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by jbak View Post
    Stock termi is very close to an oxymoron.
    'Stock' being the word svt and ford used to describe a damn near drag ready car from the factory.

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

Positive. My bros came with a pony as well. And believe the book about them also states that. Rear badge says svt. 99-01 say svt cobra

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Positive. My bros came with a pony as well. And believe the book about them also states that. Rear badge says svt. 99-01 say svt cobra
    I've seen 03/04 Cobras with both...Not sure if they come with the horse in the grill stock and they swap to the cobra emblem or if the cobra emblem is an option...either way, those cars are pretty bad@ss imo

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

You sir are correct I found a reliable source saying the ones with cobras are aftermarket inserts all termis came with a running horse. My soul is at ease now. Lol

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

If there's a stock Terminator running around, chances are that the owner of such a rarity isn't really into racing it anyways. That's the type of owner I'd be looking for if they ever were to sell it too if I were in the market for one.

Thread Information