Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

terminator, cammed lt1 and my z28

This is a discussion on terminator, cammed lt1 and my z28 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer oh ok so if i ordered a short block offline it would just come with the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    oh ok so if i ordered a short block offline it would just come with the bottom end correct? And a long block has everything from the pistons to the intake manifold?
    A short block is just the assembled bottom end, usually doesn't include any sheetmetal (aka: oil pan, timing cover)

A long block is same as above but includes cylinder heads. Doesn't necessarily include the intake but in some cases,,,it does. Doesn't necessarily include sheetmetal either (aka: oil pan, timing cover, valve covers) but in some cases it does. Speaking in terms of purchasing new engines.

When I say stock long block, I'm meaning the stock untouched cylinder heads, stock untouched bottom end, only a cam change (and obviously valve springs) has been done to this car. The obvious bolt on's of course

Black
    1993 Trans Am

Keep in mind that the m29 is the exact ratios of the strip version of the tremec. When built to hold to higher hp it is a very nice transmission. Knowing various owners of lt1 and ls1, the lt1s that are very slow have the 2.66 1st with the .50 6th. The m29 is alot faster 1st through 3rd with the 2.97 1st than the 2.66 1st version. Mathematically its like having 3.73s out back in comparison. The 2.66 tremec was made with the same 1st through 3rd as the mn6(if i have the rpo code right) with the same 4th through 6th as the m29. Now imagine how much faster the ls1 would go through the power band 1st through 3rd with the same 1st through 3rd as the m29 for the power the vehicle has stock. The vehicle would have kicked the same generation vettes a**. And then they wouldnt be able to sell the strip version tremec tranny for 15k a pop either. My Lt1 with the m29 has 200k and i still pull from my buddys 02 z28 with half the mileage. Not that Im saying my motor is stock but neither is his. we both do have stock rear ratios well both 3.42s anyway. my trans am being custom ordered in late 93 managed to get the 3.42 option which is almost unheard of, but money can buy just about anything you when your having your vehicle custom ordered.

Black
    1993 Trans Am

*anything you want, when* sry

Quote Originally Posted by 93TransAm View Post
    Keep in mind that the m29 is the exact ratios of the strip version of the tremec. When built to hold to higher hp it is a very nice transmission. Knowing various owners of lt1 and ls1, the lt1s that are very slow have the 2.66 1st with the .50 6th. The m29 is alot faster 1st through 3rd with the 2.97 1st than the 2.66 1st version. Mathematically its like having 3.73s out back in comparison. The 2.66 tremec was made with the same 1st through 3rd as the mn6(if i have the rpo code right) with the same 4th through 6th as the m29. Now imagine how much faster the ls1 would go through the power band 1st through 3rd with the same 1st through 3rd as the m29 for the power the vehicle has stock. The vehicle would have kicked the same generation vettes a**. And then they wouldnt be able to sell the strip version tremec tranny for 15k a pop either. My Lt1 with the m29 has 200k and i still pull from my buddys 02 z28 with half the mileage. Not that Im saying my motor is stock but neither is his. we both do have stock rear ratios well both 3.42s anyway. my trans am being custom ordered in late 93 managed to get the 3.42 option which is almost unheard of, but money can buy just about anything you when your having your vehicle custom ordered.
    That 2.97 gear trans you speak of was used up though about 1995, after that, all the LT1's got the 2.66 trans for the remander of 2 years in production (96-97).

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    Believe this is the thread you were thinking about, locked now
    I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How?
    Bingo. I think he posted on tech because I believe it got a little more heated over there. But after looking at that thread, you'll see why I questioned the OP. I was hoping and praying that this kid wasn't showing his face again lol

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information