Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

terminator, cammed lt1 and my z28

ok guys well my other kill story about the terminator, i hope yall remember it cuz it would help out. Well got re dynoed and his final numbers were like 470 now and there is just no point in racing lol. Well anyays ima switch it up real quick and tell yall about the lt1. I swears its a cam only, m6 and bad tuning. i figured i would have him pretty easy well after ldurham raced him and barely got beat it was obviously pretty quick. so we line up and go from a 45 and and by the time i ended 5th i had about a car on him or less. 2nd run we go from a 65 and instantly gain a car and stay there untill i short shifted to 5th at about 4900 rpm and he cam passed me up i stopped his pull at about 145. 3rd run we go from another 45 and his front bumber was at my passenger door. So now im thinking it doesnt have a cam only. Well he pulls up next to me and first thing he says ya thats a pretty quick car you got i said thanks you too he said yep like i said cam only over here... lol ok dude. So my friend i mentioned earlier that has the termi has been to his work like twice and the lt1 was kinda been cocky so my friend was like lets race and the lt1 said no i want you to race this sprayed ss well i dont know what happened with that but anyways. This weekend we met him at his work and we talk and again lt1 continues to say its cam only when no one is asking. The termi decided to put his tune that cut him back to 450whp instead of his 475 and we got the runs on video compliments of kbhughes87 so hopefullly we can get them up here soon but 1st race lt1 won cuz termi missed 3rd, go again and from a 60 and the termi hit late and finally hit it and the lt1 let off and let him catch up then hit again and the lt1 stayed about 3 cars back to roughly 170. 3rd was the cleanest it was around a 50 roll and termi missed 3rd bit still managed to hold lt1 off about 2 or 3 cars i cant remember but again to roughly 170. What are yalls thoughts on the lt1? When my friends were behind me and him racing they said flames were shooting out and it was popping like crazy. That might be with his tuning im just not sure what those symptoms are from.

LPM
    2000 Z28

You aren't the same guy with the bogus story about beating an ls3 vette and a gt500, are you?

That being said, what gear are you running? Finding the end of 5th puts my speedo pegged

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Good kill on the LT1, race the Termi with his 470whp tune, just don't race for slips. Whats the worst that could happen?

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

If the LT1 can hang with the cobra with 450-475whp then he isnt "cam only"

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

hmmmm, i recall telling a 2 kill stories of me beating an ls3 vette which i have 2 witnesses on here that will vouch for me that were there. i also recall telling story that i raced a mustang that said shelby on rear, had cobra emblems and guages on A pillar even though that means nothing. I am pretty sure i made it evident i wasnt sure if it was a gt 500 because it had gt fog lights. That being said, my gears are 3.73's which have nothing to do with the story since im basically just telling the story to see what yall think on the lt1's mods. Another thing if you dont believe me about my "bogus" stories dont waste my time and give me your opinions that i dont care about. Its rediculous of someone to make stories up and waste other peoples time, im also a person that has zero patients so im not gonna waste my time nor anyone elses. Thanks rocas47, ill prolly race the termi and get it on vid of how bad i get beat lol but im not too worried about it were pretty good friends and would never race for pinks. I know he is faster and so does he but not saying we wont race haha. Thats what im thinking Lunatikgixxer i think he has something else ill try and get the vids of the lt1 and termi posted up.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    hmmmm, i recall telling a 2 kill stories of me beating an ls3 vette which i have 2 witnesses on here that will vouch for me that were there. i also recall telling story that i raced a mustang that said shelby on rear, had cobra emblems and guages on A pillar even though that means nothing. I am pretty sure i made it evident i wasnt sure if it was a gt 500 because it had gt fog lights. That being said, my gears are 3.73's which have nothing to do with the story since im basically just telling the story to see what yall think on the lt1's mods. Another thing if you dont believe me about my "bogus" stories dont waste my time and give me your opinions that i dont care about. Its rediculous of someone to make stories up and waste other peoples time, im also a person that has zero patients so im not gonna waste my time nor anyone elses. Thanks rocas47, ill prolly race the termi and get it on vid of how bad i get beat lol but im not too worried about it were pretty good friends and would never race for pinks. I know he is faster and so does he but not saying we wont race haha. Thats what im thinking Lunatikgixxer i think he has something else ill try and get the vids of the lt1 and termi posted up.
    Touché. Must have been on tech. Some kid with a bone stock 4th gen claimed to bet the cars I named, went on about it for a week claiming it was true, then finally admitted he made it up during lunch one day to draw attention. Just making sure because you referenced a previous story.

That being said, I wouldn't think a cam only lt1 would even be a race against a termi. And I'll have to agree. No harm in running them. Worst that could happen is a bruised ego but as long as your open minded, see what it's got!

Didn't mean to step on any toes, ur username looked familiar and I just wanted to make sure before I made any comments on the cars.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

not a problem man didnt mean to come off as a douche if i did lol. I dont even have an account on tech. it just irritates me about the lt1 because i dont know why people lie about things like that seriously just say what you got and run'em hell i told him everything i had to the tee and he says cam only and mid length headers.
    2002 SOM Z/28 M6, Level 2 tick performance rebuilt tranny, ls7 clutch with drill mod, SLP lid, Smooth air bellow, P&P TB w/bump stop mod, TB bypass, amsoil air filter, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 w/lous short stick, msd super conductors, NGK TR-55 iridiums, SS long tubes, duals with x pipe 2 magnaflow bullets over axle with a frost mail order tune.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    not a problem man didnt mean to come off as a douche if i did lol. I dont even have an account on tech. it just irritates me about the lt1 because i dont know why people lie about things like that seriously just say what you got and run'em hell i told him everything i had to the tee and he says cam only and mid length headers.
    I hate it when people are shady about what they have, when you'd run them either way. It's like the guy that beats you, sprayed, and claims he didn't. And it's all good, no worries

I wouldn't call the LT1 guy a liar. That's just street racing 101. You never tip your full hand till it's over Especially if something is at stake.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol true FBJ. If i remember right dont you know your lt1's pretty good? From what he is telling us would you say it has a cam only?

I had a few LT1's, great running little engine. I seriously doubt it's a cam only LT1 if it's whooping up on a 450 rwhp Cobra. That's either one bad driver in the Cobra or there is more to the LT1 than he leads on, which wouldn't surprise me.

Although I knew of a couple of cam only LT1 4th gens about 10-12 years ago that dipped into the high 11's at 114 mph.
    Stock long blocks with a custom Comp cam, all the bolts on's with a 6 speed and 4.30 gears out back and someone that can drive gets it done. But those cars aren't around anymore. Most of them now would have too many miles on them to make an effective combo. With age and mileage against them you can bet most of them have been gone through by now. 383's are popular

Here you go. I found an old video of Jared's "cam only" LT1 dipping into the 11's at more than 115 mph. It ran better than alot of the cam AND head LS1's running around.
    I knew this car personally. Dave tuned it, and it ran a 4.30 gear. I think this was either running at Edgewater or Tri State. I love the song at the end, cracks me up

Watched the video again, that's Edgewater.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

damn thats crazy i never knew they were like that. thanks fbj

They were few and far between but there were some real good running LT1's around back then that were still sporting the stock 350 long blocks.
    I can vouch for this car as the real deal.

Don't see them now so much however, like I mentioned, they have high miles and are worn out by now, if they are still around it's likely they are running completely different combos now. Remember this was back when the cars were still fairly young.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 12-21-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Thats awesome. I never knew they were that fast either.. So the LT1's were a long block instead of a short block like the LS1?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Short block just means internals no heads/intake. Long block is a fully assembled motah. They r both small blocks

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

oh ok so if i ordered a short block offline it would just come with the bottom end correct? And a long block has everything from the pistons to the intake manifold?

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Here you go. I found an old video of Jared's "cam only" LT1 dipping into the 11's at more than 115 mph. It ran better than alot of the cam AND head LS1's running around.
    I knew this car personally. Dave tuned it, and it ran a 4.30 gear. I think this was either running at Edgewater or Tri State. I love the song at the end, cracks me up

good video great song

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    Touché. Must have been on tech. Some kid with a bone stock 4th gen claimed to bet the cars I named, went on about it for a week claiming it was true, then finally admitted he made it up during lunch one day to draw attention. Just making sure because you referenced a previous story.

That being said, I wouldn't think a cam only lt1 would even be a race against a termi. And I'll have to agree. No harm in running them. Worst that could happen is a bruised ego but as long as your open minded, see what it's got!

Didn't mean to step on any toes, ur username looked familiar and I just wanted to make sure before I made any comments on the cars.
    Believe this is the thread you were thinking about, locked now
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f36/i-beat...00-how-160990/

Thread Information