Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terminated...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Terminated...

I was cruising in North Carolina, close to Camp Lejeune (marine base). T-Tops were off my black 02 ws6, just chilling, and a black 03-04 mustang is at the light ahead. another younger guy with the top down. the SVT badge doesn't scare me. I mean, young marine, general badass (like all military think right!). I've beat a couple before actually. Ahead of us is a section of lighted intersections. We take off and the first time he screws up his gears and I pull 2 lengths in a block...(a real long one). The next one he hooks. I had the trac control off because I thought it would be 'fair'. Oops. he pulled what I had before. Then we finally could line up again at the beginning of a long strip with nobody in front of us. He pulls two cl quickly but then I level out with him. then some soccer-mom, from the other direction, pulls a left into a driveway that's on our right. Before she pulls up into her drive though she stops almost dead in both our lanes. We both slam on the brakes and she moved, but I think I had a freakin' stroke! After we were done he said that his car was a 'terminator' mustang. I did some research, and my stock car (oh sorry, I had a strut tower brace) had no chance, so that was my learning experience. I also am a lot more pickier about where I freakin' race.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

03-04 cobras are sweet as hell. nice

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

What exactly is a "terminator" mustang?....stupid question I know

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by white99x View Post
    What exactly is a "terminator" mustang?....stupid question I know
    03-04 cobra. not sure if it has to be the svt version or not, (which btw i dont even know wtf the difference is about an svt version)

someone correct me or tell me there is a more specific description

03 - 04 Cobra nickname.

all 03-04 cobras had the blower and im assuming they "belong" to svt.

love that sound!

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

the "terminator" 03-04 cobras were all supercharged and that is the only way ford could keep up with the LSX motors

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    the "terminator" 03-04 cobras were all supercharged and that is the only way ford could keep up with the LSX motors
    LOL. As far as you know.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

eh those years cobras will getcha if youre not careful, sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    Have Coletti in an old interview, and even he admitted that the SVT folks had an extremely hard time getting the engine to perform (or what he was looking for in terms of performance) naturally aspirated. Couldn't get the approval for "more" cubic inch displacement, so swapping over to the Lightning's setup was a no brainer for him....

It's not that Coletti couldn't get it done, it's just that there are too many politics involved. Trying to get approval takes forever, and even then it rarely gets approved (but those who are familiar with EPA legislation can understand why)....

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i dont know, those cobras are pretty dern sick. there is yet another one now around my neighborhood. and this too has a whipple charger. and exhaust, and pulley, and 640 hp. and a straight axle. hmmm. 640 hp, and a straight axle. dont know what else to say....hmmm.

never underestimate any cobra owner. atleast not here in missouri. it seems that they are modded out the ass. here atleast. it actually makes me ill because i think they are badass. but they are badass.
    hmmm.

this is gonna be a tough year for the ol' z.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

There's no doubt a N/A 4.6 won't match the HP/Tq numbers of a 5.7L LS1. IMHO, the LSx series is the best mass-produced performance engine ever. Bar none.

However, as most folks know, there is more to getting quick acceleration than just raw HP/Tq. Weight, gearing (both tranny & rear), and rpm potential all come into play.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Not cool to be street racing in peoples neighborhoods man, I hope you learned your lesson and don't put innocent peoples lives at risk when you choose to race in the future.
    That being said, at least you beat him once. good kill.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Yeah, we weren't really in a neighbor hood either, it was out in the boondocks (north carolina in general) and you couldn't see the driveway til you were on it. I had to go back and look. but I definitely didn't go through there again.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

They're definitely beatable though. They run high 12s, low 13s at the track bone stock. They'll move real friggin fast though for about 2 grand, there in lies the problem...... On the street though, most certainly a equal foe for a WS6. I have the only time my buddies WS6 ran a 12. I took it down in 12.997 and all he's got done is a tune, and other free mods. On street tires w/ bad track prep to so you most certainly can take a Cobra. Nice run dude, watch out for innocent bystanders though....
    Last edited by ImpalaSSpeed96; 04-20-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Unsubscribing, oops...
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Green
    1997 ws-6

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Not cool to be street racing in peoples neighborhoods man, I hope you learned your lesson and don't put innocent peoples lives at risk when you choose to race in the future.
    That being said, at least you beat him once. good kill.
    good advice Mr. Mom.... you should keep your flowered skirt comments to yourself. this is kill stories.. people in here dont like to here shit about where they are racing

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
    good advice Mr. Mom.... you should keep your flowered skirt comments to yourself. this is kill stories.. people in here dont like to here shit about where they are racing
    Very undude

I think you my friend need to think about what youre saying man, I mean you have to give some consideration to where youre racing; or youre just another asshole who ends up killing yourself and another car load of people becuase you thought it would be fun to fuck around in traffic.

Green
    1997 ws-6

i realize that circumstances need to be evaluated before high speeds are reached,,, but every time you street race you are putting peoples lives at risk.. no matter where you are doing it at there is always a chance to hit a pedestrian or on coming traffic. its just that most of the stories that are told on here are street races and you have to be open minded when you read them. sorry for being undude like... you can call me your dudeness if you are into the whole brevity thing.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

y wood you come into a kills section and tell us who you almost got into an accident with?? And why do byou guys care so much. Racing is racing, you can even kill yourself or some1 around u even when ur at the track.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

I'm not saying that you should never race thats your decision, shit I make terrible decisions all the time, but at least try to make it only those involved that are at risk; and again good kill.

Thread Information