Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Terminated...

This is a discussion on Terminated... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Good kill. There's a couple of Terms around here I want to get next to. They are cocky shit, like ...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Good kill. There's a couple of Terms around here I want to get next to. They are cocky shit, like the 01 Cobra that I raced and kick the shit out of him. That guy lives two block over from me and doesn't drive past my house anymore though! I just can't believe how cocky most of the Cobra owners are. I've ran across people in 03/04 Mach 1's that were cool and really the only good Mustangs I give some respect to. Yes Terms are fast and can be faster for cheap. IMO any V8 under 500HP should be N/A.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Yeah, I know what you mean. My neighbor won't even race me, he has a pulley i/ex, tune I'm sure he'd kill me from roll; but If he isn't a great driver I might be able to give him a run for his money. But he insists he would be wasting his gas, I think he has built his car up so much in his head that If he lost it would send him into a serious depression, and we the last thing we need in this day and age is another crazed Ford driver.

Of course I could just put the funny stuff back on the car but i want to give it a try first before I take it to him.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. My neighbor won't even race me, he has a pulley i/ex, tune I'm sure he'd kill me from roll; but If he isn't a great driver I might be able to give him a run for his money. But he insists he would be wasting his gas, I think he has built his car up so much in his head that If he lost it would send him into a serious depression, and we the last thing we need in this day and age is another crazed Ford driver.

Of course I could just put the funny stuff back on the car but i want to give it a try first before I take it to him.
    Hold out a $10 bill and tell him it's for his gas and to race. It's a good way to call out the gas excuse makers.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Yeah I don't think its the money either man, he just won't race me bc he doesn't want to lose.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    03-04 cobra. not sure if it has to be the svt version or not, (which btw i dont even know wtf the difference is about an svt version)

someone correct me or tell me there is a more specific description
    Just to clear things up, all Cobras from 93-04 were SVT models, which stands fro Special Vehicle Team, That team made the Cobras. So all 03-04 Cobras are SVT's. Also all 03-04 Cobras were Supercharged, and that was not the only way that they could keep up with the LS1, but it was the least expensive way. So that is what they chose it.

I personally get tired of people saying "A Cobra has to be super charged to keep up with a GM" And the Ford guys say "Ya, my displacement is 281 yours is 347, it not fair" Either way its an engine period. Run what you brung. I dont care if cars start having N2O kits from the factory, if they are fast, then there fast. I dont care how you get there, perfect example is all the 4/6 cylinder cars out there, if its fast its fast, 2 cylinders, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 cylinders, it doesnt matter to me. Just run what you brung. And run what ever you like. Some people like displacement, some like power adders, some like to make a 4 cylinder as fast as an 8, its all a matter of opinion. There all winners. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Good kill. There's a couple of Terms around here I want to get next to. They are cocky shit, like the 01 Cobra that I raced and kick the shit out of him. That guy lives two block over from me and doesn't drive past my house anymore though! I just can't believe how cocky most of the Cobra owners are. I've ran across people in 03/04 Mach 1's that were cool and really the only good Mustangs I give some respect to. Yes Terms are fast and can be faster for cheap. IMO any V8 under 500HP should be N/A.
    01 Cobra's are not "Terminators".

Stereotyping is your friend. Really.

IMO any V8 under 500HP should be N/A.
    That has got to be right up there with the stupidest line ever posted on this Forum.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

X 2 on the stupidest line ever. LOL And X 3 on the run whatcha brung. Can't stand excuses. If you can't give someone a good run sit your ass down and STFU. There are a few cars around me that I would look like an idiot racing so I don't talk shit to them.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    They're definitely beatable though. They run high 12s, low 13s at the track bone stock. They'll move real friggin fast though for about 2 grand, there in lies the problem...... On the street though, most certainly a equal foe for a WS6. I have the only time my buddies WS6 ran a 12. I took it down in 12.997 and all he's got done is a tune, and other free mods. On street tires w/ bad track prep to so you most certainly can take a Cobra. Nice run dude, watch out for innocent bystanders though....
    if someone can launch a cobra they will run WAY faster than high twelves. and a set of drag radials....LOW 12s easy. a stock cobra will take a stock ws6 from a roll. thats a reality. i love my f body but beating a cobra takes a hot minute....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Just to clear things up, all Cobras from 93-04 were SVT models, which stands fro Special Vehicle Team, That team made the Cobras. So all 03-04 Cobras are SVT's. Also all 03-04 Cobras were Supercharged, and that was not the only way that they could keep up with the LS1, but it was the least expensive way. So that is what they chose it.

I personally get tired of people saying "A Cobra has to be super charged to keep up with a GM" And the Ford guys say "Ya, my displacement is 281 yours is 347, it not fair" Either way its an engine period. Run what you brung. I dont care if cars start having N2O kits from the factory, if they are fast, then there fast. I dont care how you get there, perfect example is all the 4/6 cylinder cars out there, if its fast its fast, 2 cylinders, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 cylinders, it doesnt matter to me. Just run what you brung. And run what ever you like. Some people like displacement, some like power adders, some like to make a 4 cylinder as fast as an 8, its all a matter of opinion. There all winners. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
    thanks for clearing that up. i got nothin against cobras! i think theyre badass cars and would love to drive one anyday

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    03-04 cobra. not sure if it has to be the svt version or not, (which btw i dont even know wtf the difference is about an svt version)

someone correct me or tell me there is a more specific description
    c'mon man
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    c'mon man
    but id take an fbody over one any day still!!!

cept a third gen lol. id rather own a terminator than an 80s camaro, who wouldnt. i just meant if i had one, or got an amazing deal on one i wouldnt be able to pass it up

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

its all about

but id take an fbody over one any day still!!!

cept a third gen lol. id rather own a terminator than an 80s camaro, who wouldnt. i just meant if i had one, or got an amazing deal on one i wouldnt be able to pass it up
    if i was patient i woulda got one,lol...but i sunk too much money into the z after a year, n it would been a waste to sell it..plus i only have 54k original on it and its in mint condition..if it was high mileage and near stock, id have myself a termi..
    however i like third gens, not for speed,lol. but for cruisin...one of my dream cars is a white 90 gta with the black gta rims=sex!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    if i was patient i woulda got one,lol...but i sunk too much money into the z after a year, n it would been a waste to sell it..plus i only have 54k original on it and its in mint condition..if it was high mileage and near stock, id have myself a termi..
    however i like third gens, not for speed,lol. but for cruisin...one of my dream cars is a white 90 gta with the black gta rims=sex!
    yea gtas look badass. i shouldnt have made that comment about third gens, cuz one of my favorite trans ams are some of the third gen ones, including the gtas.
    i will not go out and shop for a terminator cuz i know the dollar/horsepower ratio isnt as great as 4th gen fbodies. i do like them tho

yea gtas look badass. i shouldnt have made that comment about third gens, cuz one of my favorite trans ams are some of the third gen ones, including the gtas.
    i will not go out and shop for a terminator cuz i know the dollar/horsepower ratio isnt as great as 4th gen fbodies. i do like them tho
    whaaa?? lol, that car is worth every dollar man,lol...for 25k u can pick one up with like 20k on it...put 1k of mods, and u have a reliable, streetable, high 11sec car...downfall of our f-bods is our rear end, engine is great for modding and responds awesome to mods, but ya gotta drop bout 2-3k for to get that power to use with a new rear, damn 10 bolt,lol

white
    1990 Mustang GT

cobras are the last car ford made that was at all respectable. ide go with a cobra, but the IRS was a huge mistake. when i talk to cobra owners they all bitch about irs.

from a mustang guy... f-body ftw

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

And on the 8th day, God made it known that a live axle is a simple swap into a 99+ Cobra.

And the handling crowd seems to have some fondness for the IRS.

black
    2000 camaro z28

the term "terminator" is acually a factory project name for the 03-04 cobras...they didnt supercharge the cobra to keep up with z28's ss's or ws6's..it was a specific goal toward the corvette...they wanted a car that could terminate the corvette...they were sick of not having anyhting to compete with it...gay??? yeah maybe, but that is the factual truth.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Sweet!!! I cant wait to get mine!!!

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 00maroz28 View Post
    the term "terminator" is acually a factory project name for the 03-04 cobras...they didnt supercharge the cobra to keep up with z28's ss's or ws6's..it was a specific goal toward the corvette...they wanted a car that could terminate the corvette...they were sick of not having anyhting to compete with it...gay??? yeah maybe, but that is the factual truth.
    Actually your right, but it was supposed to "terminate" both cars, It was supposed to put an end to the competition between the Camaro/TA vs the Mustang and make the Cobra the winner, Ending the 35 year muscle car war. Also Ford/SVT was tired of not having anything to compete with the Vettes, that was in the same price group. So they looked for ways to make more power, at first they tried to do it with a bigger engine, but money wise the supercharger kept the Cobra cost way down. As to go after the Vette owner customers. It worked to. That is until the LS2. Alot of people I know traded in there Vettes on a Terminator, in 2002-2004. i remember the big hype was a 03 Cobra would beat a 97-03 Vette by 3 car lengths or more. Alot of average drivers were getting the stock Cobras to low to mid 12's and could only get the stock vettes to a high 12, low 13. In my opinion, the 03/04 Cobra is what made GM build the 400 horse LS2, they couldnt let Ford beat em.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information