Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88

tard in a supra

This is a discussion on tard in a supra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Roastem -1 I disagree. Retards can't type. Only lick windows and take their pants completely off to ...

  1. #61
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    -1

    I disagree. Retards can't type.

    Only lick windows and take their pants completely off to use a wall urinal...
    Agreed, why do retards always take off there pants, just to piss?????
    But leave there pants on to take a dump??????
    Im just kidding I love retards.

  2. #62
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Obviously your speedo was off. 5th gear with 3.42's tops out at 181MPH with 25.66" tall tires. Perhaps you had smaller tires, and therefore topped out 5th gear earlier.
    the calculated top speed might be 180 mph. unfortunately, aerodynamics play a major role in achieving it. this is where you showed some lack of knowledge. the frontal area of a camaro is huge and catches alot of air.
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-06-2007 at 06:22 PM.

  3. #63
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    the calculated to speed might be 180 mph. unfortunately, aerodynamics play a major role in achieving it. this is where you showed some lack of knowledge. the frontal area of a camaro is huge and catches alot of air.
    I didn't say top speed was 180MPH. I just said that it has the gearing to get it that high.

    Nobody can seem to find the official top speed from a legit test, you have any idea what it actually is??

  4. #64
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    look at how you wrote it. by saying his speedo must've been off because the top speed in 5th is 180.

  5. #65
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    look at how you wrote it. by saying his speedo must've been off because the top speed in 5th is 180.
    He said this:

    I have had my M6 99 TA at 6000 rpms in 5th gear and my speedo was a little past the 155 mark, I estimate 160 in 5th gear at 6000 or so rpms.
    Like I said, he couldn't have topped out 5th gear unless he had very small wheels/tires. He said he was at 6000RPM at 160MPH, which is about 20MPH short of where 5th actually tops out. He may have reached his top speed, but he couldn't have topped out 5th unless he hit 181MPH, which is 181MPH in 5th with 25.66" tall tires and stock gears.

  6. #66
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    which is why i brought up aerodynamics. yes, the calculated top speed in 5th is 181 mph. achieving it is another thing all together. at speeds this high, drag gets way harder to overcome. you almost have to double the horsepower to overcome the drag vs at low speeds.


    i remember reading a mag (i think hot rod mag) did a top speed test. pitted a 98 mustang, 96 impala ss, 99 WS6 convertible, and one other car.

    WS6 - 163
    impala ss - 152
    mustang - 148 (taped off front end and went 152)

    the only reason why i remember it is because the impala had better top speed than the mustang.

  7. #67
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    which is why i brought up aerodynamics. yes, the calculated top speed in 5th is 181 mph. achieving it is another thing all together. at speeds this high, drag gets way harder to overcome. you almost have to double the horsepower to overcome the drag vs at low speeds.
    I didn't mean to imply that it could hit 181MPH, I just meant that 5th was good up until 181MPH. So he obviously didn't run out of gear, he just ran out of power.


    i remember reading a mag (i think hot rod mag) did a top speed test. pitted a 98 mustang, 96 impala ss, 99 WS6 convertible, and one other car.

    WS6 - 163
    impala ss - 152
    mustang - 148 (taped off front end and went 152)

    the only reason why i remember it is because the impala had better top speed than the mustang.

    Sounds about right. From what I've heard stock LS1 F-bodys are good for 160MPH-165MPH. I wonder what the top speed of a stock auto is?? Proably somewhere around 145MPH-150MPH I'd guess.

  8. #68
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    one thing i did in my 94 z28 one night was try to top it out. car had 2.73 gears. the car hauled butt up to 130 mph. right then, the car hit a wall and slowed up. still accelreating, just not as quickly. i flipped on the 125 shot and it got back up to speed. made it to 145 mph until i had to slow down for oncoming cars i was catching up to.
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-06-2007 at 07:13 PM.

  9. #69
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that it could hit 181MPH, I just meant that 5th was good up until 181MPH. So he obviously didn't run out of gear, he just ran out of power.

    that's better.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sounds about right. From what I've heard stock LS1 F-bodys are good for 160MPH-165MPH. I wonder what the top speed of a stock auto is?? Proably somewhere around 145MPH-150MPH I'd guess.
    well, i've been 145 in mine. still had some in it.

  10. #70
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post

    well, i've been 145 in mine. still had some in it.
    In your A4 LS1??

  11. #71
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    yes, my black car.

  12. #72
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    All I know is I was in 5th gear at 5900 or so RPMs and it buried the 155 speedo mark, a little past it, I guestimate 160. I did hold it on the straightaway, so I guess I ran out of power, because thats all it would do.

    I had 245/50 16's so I figure top end without going past redline was 160-165 ish. Wether you say runnig out of power or areodynamics, either way the top end in my slightly modded TA was around 160. It was not a BS number as Wesman stated.

    And the original statement I made was to state that the Supra had a better top end than the WS6 stock to stock. A stock Supra (speed limiter taken off) will hit a higher top speed with the stock power plant. A stock Supra will do 175, per alot of websites that have reviewed the car.

  13. #73
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    All I know is I was in 5th gear at 5900 or so RPMs and it buried the 155 speedo mark, a little past it, I guestimate 160. I did hold it on the straightaway, so I guess I ran out of power, because thats all it would do.

    I had 245/50 16's so I figure top end without going past redline was 160-165 ish. Wether you say runnig out of power or areodynamics, either way the top end in my slightly modded TA was around 160. It was not a BS number as Wesman stated.

    i'm agreeing with you.

  14. #74
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Thank you, my friend.

    And here I thought all Moderators had a god complex, your an alright guy.
    Nice numbers by the way.

  15. #75
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    And here I thought all Moderators had a god complex,
    who says i don't???

  16. #76
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post


    who says i don't???
    Ha Ha, by the way, how are things down in "Da Lake"
    LOL

  17. #77
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    kinda shallow

  18. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    16
    92 240sx 88 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Who's talking about 450 or 500WHP?? Where did you pull that from?? I said with the stock turbos (meaning a STOCK car) they run out of breath on the top end. Obviously you can do mods to change that, thats a given and is true with any car, so your arguement is not even valid.

    hahaha are you crazy, let me put this in slow english for you... first i think he was saying the turbos are good till 450-500WHP so why do YOU think they would "run out of breath" at STOCK horsepower??????

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Don't listen to the Supra owners, they aren't going to give you a straight answer because they are obviously biased towards their precious cars
    how is your opinion NOT biased???

    And i didnt read the whole thread so if this was already coverd, i did it again.

  19. #79
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
    hahaha are you crazy, let me put this in slow english for you... first i think he was saying the turbos are good till 450-500WHP so why do YOU think they would "run out of breath" at STOCK horsepower??????
    Hmm...lets see...maybe because the stock turbos aren't pushing 450-500WHP worth of boost?? I dunno, maybe, just maybe thats the reason??

    You import trolls are ridiculous, use some common sense.

    how is your opinion NOT biased???

    And i didnt read the whole thread so if this was already coverd, i did it again.
    Well I suggest you just stop posting here then if you don't even know whats going on. You're just looking to start trouble, thats obvious

  20. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    16
    92 240sx 88 camaro

    Im only asking cuz im curious about your reasoning, what do you mean "out of breath" do you mean boost, cuz im sure a turbo will not lose boost at higher RPM's with stock boost level.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. supra
    By V8MUSCLE in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 09:56 AM
  2. Ima Spring Tard
    By weberje in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
  3. I laid the smack down on a 'tard at Walmart!
    By mattad in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 06:24 AM
  4. another Tard works on his car...
    By Zapper2003 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 04:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •