Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: tard in a supra

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

tard in a supra

last night on the way home from the gym midnight or so i pull up beside a supra. pretty rare around here. so i'm all excited hoping he will jump on me we roll out from the light and then he hits it w/ no warning. so i pursue. it takes no time to pass him and put like 3 or 4 cars on him. all the while i hear no turbo. he cathes back up and i gear down to third. we are now running like 55 and i roll down the window and signal to go again. he tries again this time i run up to 110 w/4+ cars on him. he does a fly by when i slowed down to 70. but i see he is turning off toward my house so i catch up and try to get him to pull in to a gas station. the Dick filps me off and hits a right at the light.

this is why i don't usually run imports because i just wanted to see what he had in his car. he was the one that started it. i just wanted a look at his car because i know they can be killer cars. and i respect that.

but don't run me then get all mad cuase you lost. thats why we have a lack of respect for most ricers. if you win you are all big and bad and if you loose you want to bit_h and complain. so have some respect and give a thumbs up or a wave . in turn we'll do the same!
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

no kidding, what a dork

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Yea there was a NA supra around my town for a little while, all my dumb rice buddies thought it was the baddest thing ever. The guy never raced it because he new it had no balls and would get smoked by most decently quick cars in town.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Yea there was a NA supra around my town for a little while, all my dumb rice buddies thought it was the baddest thing ever. The guy never raced it because he new it had no balls and would get smoked by most decently quick cars in town.
    Seen those, but just remember, their stock bottom end can handle upto 1000hp, so I give them that... The big single turbo ones can run 10's like it's nothing.

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

amazing cars.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

like i said i respect the car. it can be a beast. i just got no respect for the re-tard behind the wheel! if i see him again i'll....... ! or maybe a nice...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Seen those, but just remember, their stock bottom end can handle upto 1000hp, so I give them that... The big single turbo ones can run 10's like it's nothing.
    I know, but when its stock its slow, the cars have potential i give them that

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

how much do they got stock?

Black
    Formula... soon

stock TT supra is about even with stock ls1, i hear they are detuned though and can make 340-350rwhp just by removing shit for basicly free.

Lakewood
    Supras are a riceboys wet dream, they dyno at about 270hp stock and are dogs. Why anybody would pay $40,000 for a stock one I have no idea.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
    Supras are a riceboys wet dream, they dyno at about 270hp stock and are dogs. Why anybody would pay $40,000 for a stock one I have no idea.
    They dyno at about the same as a LS1 and the TT are not dogs, its anybody's race stock for stock.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    They dyno at about the same as a LS1 and the TT are not dogs, its anybody's race stock for stock.
    Not really. They only dyno around ~270WHP stock, and it takes an excellent driver to run one of those cars to their potential. And with the stock turbos, they run out of breath in the top end. Its can be a close race, but the edge definitely goes to the LS1.

LS1 > 2JZ-GTE

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    And you can buy the new GM LSX block that holds 2500HP no problem.

Not impressed by Supras.

And by the time you get to that 1000HP limit, you could have spent half as much money to make the same amount of power with a V8, and it wouldn't be a dyno queen, either.

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Not really. They only dyno around ~270WHP stock, and it takes an excellent driver to run one of those cars to their potential. And with the stock turbos, they run out of breath in the top end. Its can be a close race, but the edge definitely goes to the LS1.

LS1 > 2JZ-GTE
    LOL..you have no idea what you are talking about. I have had 4 MKIV Supras. Every single one of them has dynoed over 300 rwhp STOCK. They dyno the same as stock LS1 engined cars. Stock turbos run out of breath top end? There are stock turbos pushing 450 to 500 rwhp. At least get the facts straight before talking trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldladykiller
    stock TT supra is about even with stock ls1, i hear they are detuned though and can make 340-350rwhp just by removing shit for basicly free....
    If any engine is detuned from the factory, it's the LSX engine. Without removing anything, in fact, without even opening the hood, I've seen Carmen (vette doctor) pull almost fifty rear wheel horsepower out of a stock LS1. I kid you not...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

LS1 > 2JZ-GTE
    Gross misinformation right here. Stock they dyno at 290-300rwhp. Stock crank ratings are 320hp, but actually made near 330-340 and pulled 106-108 trap speeds way back in 93.5 when they first came out. They came majorly detuned from the factory and for less than 3k you can get ~420rwhp and 115-120 traps on the stock twins in typical Toyota reliable fashion.

I've been around the Supra community for 13 years and have seen around 15 stock cars dyno throughout the years and the LOWEST I've EVER seen was 270rwhp from a badly conditioned automatic. 6 speeds dyno higher(Less drive train loss) and were very consistent with dynojet readings from 290-305rwhp. As with any car, much depends on maintenance and proper care.

Run out of breath at the top end for a Supra? Please, the Supra is a TOP END car and is geared as such. With the speed limiter disabled the car can hit 170+mph in stock trim. Stock twin turbo owners have hit 10s, so you don't even need after market turbos to hit 10s with the proper setup. You still haven't done your research...
    Last edited by garrettjj; 03-04-2007 at 05:22 PM.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

so why do you think i pulled him so hard you think his car so in disrepair? i let him jump first both times and i'm sure he had no turbo. my car is pretty well stock. so what do you think? to be honest i was expecting to get raped.

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    so why do you think i pulled him so hard you think his car so in disrepair? i let him jump first both times and i'm sure he had no turbo. my car is pretty well stock. so what do you think? to be honest i was expecting to get raped.
    Non turbo Supras dont dyno as high. He MAYBE had 200 rwhp if it was the N/A version.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FEARSM View Post
    LOL..you have no idea what you are talking about. I have had 4 MKIV Supras. Every single one of them has dynoed over 300 rwhp STOCK. They dyno the same as stock LS1 engined cars. Stock turbos run out of breath top end? There are stock turbos pushing 450 to 500 rwhp. At least get the facts straight before talking trash.
    And here comes the Supra troll brigade. Its like no matter what you say, there's always some groupie thats got to come in and defend their car.

Thats great for you that your cars have dyno'd 300WHP stock. That doesn't mean they all do, nor does it mean that your dyno runs are 100% accurate. There is a variance, using a different dyno would have most definitely netted different results. Its not an exact science.

Who's talking about 450 or 500WHP?? Where did you pull that from?? I said with the stock turbos (meaning a STOCK car) they run out of breath on the top end. Obviously you can do mods to change that, thats a given and is true with any car, so your arguement is not even valid.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    Don't listen to the Supra owners, they aren't going to give you a straight answer because they are obviously biased towards their precious cars

You pulled on him because stock for stock, LS1's have better top end power than TT Supras. And its also possible that he had an auto, which is practically an automatic loss for him.

There is no way that you raced an N/A Supra, that wouldn't even be anything resembling a race.

Thread Information