Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

tard in a supra

This is a discussion on tard in a supra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by garrettjj Gross misinformation right here. Stock they dyno at 290-300rwhp. Stock crank ratings are 320hp, but actually ...

  1. #21
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj View Post
    Gross misinformation right here. Stock they dyno at 290-300rwhp. Stock crank ratings are 320hp, but actually made near 330-340 and pulled 106-108 trap speeds way back in 93.5 when they first came out. They came majorly detuned from the factory and for less than 3k you can get ~420rwhp and 115-120 traps on the stock twins in typical Toyota reliable fashion.
    Wow, 420WHP for 3K. Is that really supposed to be impressive?? I know you mostly troll this section, but maybe you should look around the forum and see what kind of power is LS guys can make with 3 grand. Stop fooling yourself.

    I also love how you add in the part about "typical toyota reliable fashion". What a joke, "toyota reliability" goes out the window as soon as you start modifying that car from stock form. They are no more "reliable" than F-Bodies, you import guys and your reliability bullshit are hilarious.

    Run out of breath at the top end for a Supra? Please, the Supra is a TOP END car and is geared as such. With the speed limiter disabled the car can hit 170+mph in stock trim. Stock twin turbo owners have hit 10s, so you don't even need after market turbos to hit 10s with the proper setup. You still haven't done your research...
    I can't see hitting 170MPH in a stock Supra, that sounds like bull. Did I say that "stock turbo Supras can't hit 10's" with lots of money invested?? NOPE, so don't put words in my mouth. I said stock, twin turbo cars don't have as much top end as LS1's. Simple as that, calm down.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    They dyno at about the same as a LS1 and the TT are not dogs, its anybody's race stock for stock....
    I'd have to disagree with you there, Jomo. In respect to stock for stock (untouched), the LS1 will own a Supra TT in the 1/4 mile. Here is a video of a bone stock Supra TT, up against a bolt on, low 14 second L98. In the video, the L98 loses to the Supra, but check out the L98's sixty foot, as well as more than holding its own throughout. Had it been an LS1 up against that Supra, it would have been an entirely different outcome...

    L98 vs 2JZ

  3. #23
    Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quantico Virginia
    Age
    35
    Posts
    327

    Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

    Wow. i like ricers. whay are they so damn ignorant

  4. #24
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Although this may be a little off topic, I just need to give a little shout out to Wesman. My man always puts a huge grin on my face when he starts with his bickering, and is definitely a true American muscle car enthusiast. So, Wes, and to the original poster.... this one's for you!

    Fried Rice

  5. #25
    Team Skeet Captain JHayesLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Garden, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,061

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

    I dont care if its Japanese or not, you have to give credit to any car that can get 700 HP off stock internals and bottom end, Toyota did an amazing job with that car.

  6. #26
    Member cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    30
    Posts
    739

    Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

    Fearsm, Post some pics of your car. I wanna see the chrome finish.

  7. #27
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Although this may be a little off topic, I just need to give a little shout out to Wesman. My man always puts a huge grin on my face when he starts with his bickering, and is definitely a true American muscle car enthusiast. So, Wes, and to the original poster.... this one's for you!

    +1

    I don't like to bicker with idiots, but thankfully Wesman will take his time to ruin every ricer's wet dream that wanders on site.

    Good kill, poster!

    I like Supras, they are sweet, and make hella power, kinda like a preview to the 03 Cobra. Build the bottom end where it will take 1000 hp, throw a smog and street friendly blower setup on it, and let the hot rodders worry about how to best utilize the weapons available.

    Now, if the LS1 came from the factory with twin turbos, and a forged, boost friendly bottom end....hmmm....it would be bad news for the competition.

    Unfortunately, that is not the case, and we are faced with the expensive option of taking the engine out, rebuilding the bottom end, countless hours of fabrication for the twin turbo setup, and a sticker price of about 15K!

    Whereas those guys can just buy a couple blowers and do it themselves b/c all the hard, expensive work has already been completed.

    Something tells me that GM just MIGHT come out with a factory twin turbo Z06 here soon. I mean, what is the encore to 505 N/A horses? (I know there is a 600 HP N/A version coming out, Z06-R or some sh*t)

    I tell you what is, a 454 cube, 8.5:1 compression LS8 with twin turbo's pumpin about 580 to the ground, STOCK on 8 lbs boost.

    Add two aftermarket blowers rated at 24 psi, and wammo, you got 1100 baloney burnin', mullet-wearin' rwhp. How is that for an encore!

  8. #28
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Although this may be a little off topic, I just need to give a little shout out to Wesman. My man always puts a huge grin on my face when he starts with his bickering, and is definitely a true American muscle car enthusiast. So, Wes, and to the original poster.... this one's for you!

    Fried Rice


    Gotta love the Hideout!!

    That Camaro ruined that ricers night lol.

  9. #29
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    When I had my 02 WS6 I lost to a TT Supra, but It was when I first got the car and didn't go to the right gear and went from bog and he was in the correct gear and got the pull on me. I was starting to real him in, but the road was getting short so we had to get out of it. I don't think it was totally stock. If I was in the right gear I'm sure I would have been able to hold him off. My 02 WS6 was all stock. It didn't even have the skip shift eliminator on it yet! If I found one for a good price I'd buy one and have some fun with it.

  10. #30
    Junior Member FEARSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    47
    Posts
    34

    Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    And here comes the Supra troll brigade. Its like no matter what you say, there's always some groupie thats got to come in and defend their car.

    Thats great for you that your cars have dyno'd 300WHP stock. That doesn't mean they all do, nor does it mean that your dyno runs are 100% accurate. There is a variance, using a different dyno would have most definitely netted different results. Its not an exact science.

    Who's talking about 450 or 500WHP?? Where did you pull that from?? I said with the stock turbos (meaning a STOCK car) they run out of breath on the top end. Obviously you can do mods to change that, thats a given and is true with any car, so your arguement is not even valid.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I have sheets from 3 different dynoes on island that say the same thing. Avg hp on a 6 spd Supra is 300 rwhp. Funny, how is it that MY dynoes are inaccurate but the ones YOU reference are accurate? You dont even OWN a supra yet you try to sit here and tell people what they can or cannot do. You are a hypocrite in the truest sense. I am not defending anything. I really dont care if you call me a ricer or not because thats your opinion and you are entitled to that. But FACTS are FACTS and you are spouting out ALOT of misinformation.

  11. #31
    Junior Member FEARSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    47
    Posts
    34

    Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Fearsm, Post some pics of your car. I wanna see the chrome finish.
    Send me your email addy and I will email you some.

  12. #32
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by FEARSM View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I have sheets from 3 different dynoes on island that say the same thing. Avg hp on a 6 spd Supra is 300 rwhp. Funny, how is it that MY dynoes are inaccurate but the ones YOU reference are accurate? You dont even OWN a supra yet you try to sit here and tell people what they can or cannot do. You are a hypocrite in the truest sense. I am not defending anything. I really dont care if you call me a ricer or not because thats your opinion and you are entitled to that. But FACTS are FACTS and you are spouting out ALOT of misinformation.
    Did I post any dyno graphs in the first place?? No. I merely said that your graphs are not typical of every TT Supra. There are many variables to take into account, including dyno type.

    I am a hypocrite, huh?? A hyprocrite says one thing and does another, I haven't done that at all.

    Misinformation?? Nope, just keeping the ricers like yourself in check so that you don't mislead people to believe that your cars are better than they really are.

  13. #33
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...898#post253898

    Here's a thread where some links were posted to pics. That's a nice Supra!

  14. #34
    Junior Member FEARSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    47
    Posts
    34

    Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Did I post any dyno graphs in the first place?? No. I merely said that your graphs are not typical of every TT Supra. There are many variables to take into account, including dyno type.

    I am a hypocrite, huh?? A hyprocrite says one thing and does another, I haven't done that at all.

    Misinformation?? Nope, just keeping the ricers like yourself in check so that you don't mislead people to believe that your cars are better than they really are.
    LOL..and how am I a ricer? Really, I want to know. You have done that. You quote dyno numbers as facts but when I give MY numbers that I have PERSONALLY dynoed and worked on you say MY dynos numbers are wrong. You have no idea whats typical of a Supra because you dont own one, never worked on one or dynoed one, hell you dont even LIKE them so how the hell would you know what was typical or not?
    Keeping me in check? Uh, when did I ever say my car was better than anyone elses? When did I ever say my car was BETTER period? I am a true enthusiast and I respect anything thats fast. I am not limited to brand loyalty.
    Last edited by FEARSM; 03-05-2007 at 06:07 PM.

  15. #35
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Don't listen to the Supra owners, they aren't going to give you a straight answer because they are obviously biased towards their precious cars

    .
    I am sorry, but this was the funniest statement Wesman has ever said.

  16. #36
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by FEARSM View Post
    LOL..and how am I a ricer? Really, I want to know. You have done that. You quote dyno numbers as facts but when I give MY numbers that I have PERSONALLY dynoed and worked on you say MY dynos numbers are wrong. You have no idea whats typical of a Supra because you dont own one, never worked on one or dynoed one, hell you dont even LIKE them so how the hell would you know what was typical or not?
    Keeping me in check? Uh, when did I ever say my car was better than anyone elses? When did I ever say my car was BETTER period? I am a true enthusiast and I respect anything thats fast. I am not limited to brand loyalty.
    I said the majority of Supras, on average, dyno in the 280WHP area. Just because your small sample of Supras dyno'd higher, that means they all dyno that high?? Some dyno higher, some dyno lower, there are lots of variables to take into account.

    So "You are a true enthusiast"?? Now that made me laugh out loud. Nobody is 100% unbiased in their preferences and opinions, you obviously like imports. I like American cars best, for two reasons. I think they make the best performance cars, and I don't like supporting the Japanese economy instead of my own. Simple as that.

  17. #37
    Junior Member FEARSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    47
    Posts
    34

    Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I said the majority of Supras, on average, dyno in the 280WHP area. Just because your small sample of Supras dyno'd higher, that means they all dyno that high?? Some dyno higher, some dyno lower, there are lots of variables to take into account.

    So "You are a true enthusiast"?? Now that made me laugh out loud. Nobody is 100% unbiased in their preferences and opinions, you obviously like imports. I like American cars best, for two reasons. I think they make the best performance cars, and I don't like supporting the Japanese economy instead of my own. Simple as that.
    Your averages are wrong, period. My small sample of cars? How do you think you get an AVERAGE? I have dynoed autos and 6 spds from 93 to 98. Where do u get YOUR numbers from? You keep throwing out the variables BS because you have NO REAL FACTS to back up your claims. I like ALL cars. I first learned how to work on cars from a gearhead friend of mine with an 88 5.0 hatchback. He taught me ALOT about wrenching on cars. Just because I drive an import now means nothing, its just the car that suits me at this point and time. My next ride will be a C6 Z06 actually.
    You never answered my other question. How exactly am I a ricer? Apparently you think all import owners are ricers.
    72mm single turbo Mirra Chrome Supra
    BL built auto tranny equipped
    Best ET 10.75 Best mph 134 (old setup on 67mm turbo)
    New setup-704rwhp 518 rwtq unlocked converter
    "As seen in March 06 turbo magazine"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/smithcf/SO.jpg

  18. #38
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by FEARSM View Post
    Your averages are wrong, period. My small sample of cars? How do you think you get an AVERAGE? I have dynoed autos and 6 spds from 93 to 98. Where do u get YOUR numbers from? You keep throwing out the variables BS because you have NO REAL FACTS to back up your claims. I like ALL cars. I first learned how to work on cars from a gearhead friend of mine with an 88 5.0 hatchback. He taught me ALOT about wrenching on cars. Just because I drive an import now means nothing, its just the car that suits me at this point and time. My next ride will be a C6 Z06 actually.
    Neither of us can prove the other one wrong so its a waste of time to argue about it. I got my numbers from a wide selection of owners on other forums, you go your numbers from your small personal experience.

    You never answered my other question. How exactly am I a ricer? Apparently you think all import owners are ricers.
    Nope. Just Japanese "performance" car owners. The cars are "rice", the people that buy them are "ricers".

  19. #39
    Junior Member FEARSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    47
    Posts
    34

    Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Neither of us can prove the other one wrong so its a waste of time to argue about it. I got my numbers from a wide selection of owners on other forums, you go your numbers from your small personal experience.



    Nope. Just Japanese "performance" car owners. The cars are "rice", the people that buy them are "ricers".
    No..I get my numbers from personal experience AND from the largest forum for Supra owners on the planet. We have a dyno section and drag section just like this forum. Small personal experience? LOL..what experience do you have? NONE, yet you sit here like you have a clue and call my experience into question. Wide selection of owners from other forums? Owners of what? I bet you dont even know anyone that owns a Supra. You dont like import owners coming on THIS site so dont act like you even go to import sites and talk to other owners. You sit here and talk like you KNOW this people and in the next sentence call them ricers. Yet you think you are dealing in FACTS and not opinion. You are one of the most BIASED domestic guys on this forum.
    Last edited by FEARSM; 03-05-2007 at 09:01 PM.

  20. #40
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Seeing you can only buy a supra used any more, I would not say it's supporting the Japanese economy by buying one. I'd only be helping out the fellow American that's lot it may be sitting on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. supra
    By V8MUSCLE in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 09:56 AM
  2. Ima Spring Tard
    By weberje in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
  3. I laid the smack down on a 'tard at Walmart!
    By mattad in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 06:24 AM
  4. another Tard works on his car...
    By Zapper2003 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 04:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •