Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tail between my legs...

This is a discussion on Tail between my legs... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I hope you have alot of play $$$ cause with his ride it sounds like he can spend a few ...

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I hope you have alot of play $$$ cause with his ride it sounds like he can spend a few more $$ to make his car even quicker then yours. Next thing you know you spent a few G's chasing your friend and he's still faster!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I thought we were on topic...we were discussing ways to keep you from getting raped by your buddies rice burner.
    Well if having Mad Max by my side helps, then yes, we are indeed on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    I hope you have alot of play $$$ cause with his ride it sounds like he can spend a few more $$ to make his car even quicker then yours. Next thing you know you spent a few G's chasing your friend and he's still faster!
    Well I have approximately $0... however, I do have a paypal account and am more than willing to accept donations!

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Well if having Mad Max by my side helps, then yes, we are indeed on topic.

Well I have approximately $0... however, I do have a paypal account and am more than willing to accept donations!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I have some money I would be willing to donate-my question is what are you willing to do for it?

The less extreme of course will get you less, i'll go as low as $50.
    So tell me what would you do for $50 or better yet ls1.comers what do you think he should do for $50?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    I disagree....it sounds to me like his buddy is probably at the point where it's gonna cost him a bunch of money to go much faster where as Andy is just a cheap shot of spray away from laying the smack down. He goes a little faster all Andy has to do is up the shot by 50. With all the extra's and safeties Andy could put bus lengths on him for $1300ish.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

I disagree....it sounds to me like his buddy is probably at the point where it's gonna cost him a bunch of money to go much faster where as Andy is just a cheap shot of spray away from laying the smack down. He goes a little faster all Andy has to do is up the shot by 50. With all the extra's and safeties Andy could put bus lengths on him for $1300ish.
    refer back to post 25 please.

i agree with you on the sti part. i doubt he will be able to reliably make more power..let alone cheaply. Andy i am with you on the no juicey juice thing...however you are kind of up shits creek right now. better go with some AFR or EP or TFS heads and put a monster cam in.....its the only way..or go with a ls3 427 or a ls2 414 ...or better yet..give me some money so i can get one of those engines..then i will beat him and you and steal all the glory.

jus sayin

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I wouldn't run my mouth too much (like he is doing) just for fear of some Dixie Crystal's sugar finding my gas tank.

Just sayin'.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post

i agree with you on the sti part. i doubt he will be able to reliably make more power..let alone cheaply. Andy i am with you on the no juicey juice thing...however you are kind of up shits creek right now. better go with some AFR or EP or TFS heads and put a monster cam in.....its the only way..or go with a ls3 427 or a ls2 414 ...or better yet..give me some money so i can get one of those engines..then i will beat him and you and steal all the glory.

jus sayin
    If the STI does have a stage 2 block by axis then it should be able to handle 550ishwhp with a good tune. The real weak point of the STI engine after 400whp is the pistons and rings, and thats basically what the stage 2 block replaces. So basically another 100whp, if hes running meth just to hit 450whp that would mean he most likely needs a new turbo and or fuel system to hit 550whp. Good turbo should be about 1800-2000, new injectors 700, and a tune who knows if would need more fuel system mods as im sure his pump isnt stock as it is. So if he spent another 3-4k on the car he would add another 100whp pretty reliably.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-30-2010 at 07:15 AM.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    If the STI does have a stage 2 block by axis then it should be able to handle 550ishwhp with a good tune. The real weak point of the STI engine after 400whp is the pistons and rings, and thats basically what the stage 2 block replaces. So basically another 100whp, if hes running meth just to hit 450whp that would mean he most likely needs a new turbo and or fuel system to hit 550whp. Good turbo should be about 1800-2000, new injectors 700, and a tune who knows if would need more fuel system mods as im sure his pump isnt stock as it is. So if he spent another 3-4k on the car he would add another 100whp pretty reliably.
    3-4k is a good chunk of change

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    don't leave out the tranny

98' trans am

does the tranny need to be upgraded ? maybe just the clutch ?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

does the tranny need to be upgraded ? maybe just the clutch ?
    According the STI fan club guys that we were chatting with on Woodward the other night, the clutch is good for about 450whp... where he is now... and then the problems start. He has 65k mileage on the car and the clutch is original. The trans I guess is pretty bullet-proof as it sits.

98' trans am

According the STI fan club guys that we were chatting with on Woodward the other night, the clutch is good for about 450whp... where he is now... and then the problems start. He has 65k mileage on the car and the clutch is original. The trans I guess is pretty bullet-proof as it sits.
    Ahhh woodward. I am going to be down your way here soon to get some exhuast work done.

Arctic White, red/gray

The sti 6 speed can hold a good amount of power 450-550hp, the 02-06 wrx tranny is the super weak one. The legacy 5 speed and 07 and newer wrx 5 speed can hold about 400hp. Obviously there are some who brake them under stock power just like there are some who have 600whp STIs with the stock tranny. The rear diff on the sti is a torsen product and can hold about as much as the 6 speed tranny. The front diff is the weakest but most people who have 450-500hp still have the stock drivetrain.

Arctic White, red/gray

3-4k is a good chunk of change
    We think it is anyway lol. But 3-4k for another 100whp isnt bad. The 3-4k to hit 550whp is a conservative number, if he really wanted he could spend 3-4k on a much bigger turbo and huge injectors and put down 600-700whp, obviously he would be exceding his engine and bottom end at that point but if he wanted to risk it he could.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Beat his ass......he'll shut up then.
    I wouldn't run my mouth too much (like he is doing) just for fear of some Dixie Crystal's sugar finding my gas tank.

Just sayin'.
    Why are you so angry?

I also agree that 3-4K for 100 WHP is a good deal, assuming that's true.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

jus sayin
    You glory stealin som bitch!!! If I was to do a engine swap, it be an 408 lq9

But I do need some heads!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Why are you so angry?

I also agree that 3-4K for 100 WHP is a good deal, assuming that's true.
    I hate anyone who runs their mouth well after the point is made. Sore winners suck! lol

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I hate anyone who runs their mouth well after the point is made. Sore winners suck! lol
    If it was some random guy, or someone I didn't know very well, I would agree. But flip flop situations with me and my best friend, I'd be doing the same thing.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

If it was some random guy, or someone I didn't know very well, I would agree. But flip flop situations with me and my best friend, I'd be doing the same thing.
    Different story then, all bets are off. That's Man Law #19.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information