Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Tail between my legs...

Well I'll make this short because I'm still upset about it...

Me: 02 Z28 m6 Mods in SIG

My best friend: 06 STI... stage II block by Axis or Axium or something like that, bigger turbo, full exhaust, head and intake work, meth injection.. yadda yadda yadda... He bought the car a couple months ago built to the neck. The guy he bought it from said it puts down 450 awhp. Which I didn't believe until friday night, when he handed me my ass on a rice platter.

From about 25-30 in second gear start, we were even. Shifted into 3rd, as did he, and he started pulling away from me. Not real bad, but bad enough that I felt like crying. I shut it down before I carried 3rd out because I knew I was beaten, and no need to make myself beaten AND dangerous.

That worst part was when the smack talkin started... I had nothing to say. What WAS I gonna say? My VTAK didn't engage? All I can do now is start saving for more mods... Anyone have a built LQ9 they wanna get rid of?!?

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Eh, with the turbo and meth injection - really not a fair race with your mods - at least what I get from your sig. I wouldn't worry about it too much - after all, if you were sporting a turbo and meth injection you'd have stomped him. You could always throw a 100 shot on and walk him - wouldn't be that pricey either.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Eh, with the turbo and meth injection - really not a fair race with your mods - at least what I get from your sig. I wouldn't worry about it too much - after all, if you were sporting a turbo and meth injection you'd have stomped him. You could always throw a 100 shot on and walk him - wouldn't be that pricey either.
    Not a fan of the giggle juice. My overall goal for my car was to maintain the N/A status. Just wish my extra 4 cylinders made up for his turbo...

I'm honestly not kicking myself that much. It is a beautiful car and surprisingly fast. My sig is actually not up to date, after the 9" and clutch install, I had it redyno'd and it lost about 30hp. 370rw is about where I am now.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

dang sorry to hear, hopefully you will get him next time. If you dont mind me asking, why did you start in 2nd at that speed? Did your gears really make that big of a difference?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It happens. I just got mine handed to me by a Mustang GT last night. I wasn't even thinking about racing him as he was older and had his wife & kid in the car and then we took off at a light and I was still in 1st and he basically blew by me

Caught up with him a few lights later and found out he was running a Saleen S/C and was putting down close to 500HP....so I didn't feel so bad

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Nice death. It happens. Mod up and get back in there.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    It happens. I just got mine handed to me by a Mustang GT last night. I wasn't even thinking about racing him as he was older and had his wife & kid in the car and then we took off at a light and I was still in 1st and he basically blew by me

Caught up with him a few lights later and found out he was running a Saleen S/C and was putting down close to 500HP....so I didn't feel so bad

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Just remember for every winner there are 100's of losers

Did that help?

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

At the end of the day, his ride still looks like a ricer. I'd rather lose in an F-body than win in souped-up rice any day.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Just remember for every winner there are 100's of losers

Did that help?
    I was gonna say, "good kill"..

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Not a fan of the giggle juice. My overall goal for my car was to maintain the N/A status. Just wish my extra 4 cylinders made up for his turbo...

I'm honestly not kicking myself that much. It is a beautiful car and surprisingly fast. My sig is actually not up to date, after the 9" and clutch install, I had it redyno'd and it lost about 30hp. 370rw is about where I am now.
    I'm with you on the nitrous - not a fan myself either. But it does provide a relatively cheap and quick way to add hp. I'd never use it myself though. Still, I'd say you did alright.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    At the end of the day, his ride still looks like a ricer. I'd rather lose in an F-body than win in souped-up rice any day.

+100000000000000000000000 !!!!!!!!!!!
    Amen, great comment.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Power adder cars are hard to beat, foreign or domestic. Once tweaked on they can make stupid power. So it's not something to get all that disappointed about. It's all about fun.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

See if his car is still in one piece in a year. My money is on that car being a maintenance nightmare and prone to failures.

In the meantime, enjoy driving a strong performer that LOOKS good too!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Power adder cars are hard to beat, foreign or domestic. Once tweaked on they can make stupid power. So it's not something to get all that disappointed about. It's all about fun.
    +1
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    dang sorry to hear, hopefully you will get him next time. If you dont mind me asking, why did you start in 2nd at that speed? Did your gears really make that big of a difference?
    They do, I could have pulled first but I would have been quick shifting to second so IMO it wasn't worth it. 2nd gear is still a beast at that speed.

To everyone else. I'm not that disappointed in myself, it just sucks that he is my best friend and now I have to hear about it until I can actually beat him. But like was stated, I'm happy I'm in my car and not a rice rocket. I wish I had the money right now to slap a set of nicely machined 243's on

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Lol and if the STI had a 5.7 liter v8 it wouldnt need the turbo or meth inj. He didnt buy a car with a v8 and the OP didnt buy a car with a turbo. This statement is full of excuses and claims of not a fair race.

You race with what you have and if the other guys car is faster regardless of engine, turbo, spray, s/c it doesnt matter. You still lost and the OP was right, what can you say. I say if you can make 400-420whp and get good 60 ft times take him to the track. I think that would be a good race.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-29-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol and if the STI had a 5.7 liter v8 it wouldnt need the turbo or meth inj. He didnt buy a car with a v8 and the OP didnt buy a car with a turbo. This statement is full of excuses and claims of not a fair race.

You race with what you have and if the other guys car is faster regardless of engine, turbo, spray, s/c it doesnt matter. You still lost and the OP was right, what can you say. I say if you can make 400-420whp and get good 60 ft times take him to the track. I think that would be a good race.
    Fair race? It was fair. Just stating that the OP shouldn't be disappointed with losing (and he isn't) because of his mods vs the other cars mods. IMO, once you start adding F/I or nitrous to a car - that changes the level that you're racing on. I understand that they were friends just racing for fun - I do it all the time and sometimes win and sometimes lose. But if I lose to a friend with a F/I car vs my N/A car, I'm not disappointed, because it's a different level. I understand that in order to make a smaller displacement engine compete, it usually takes a power adder of some sort to reach higher hp levels. It's kinda like bare fist boxing someone smaller than you but who has brass knuckles. You may win, or you may lose. If you lose, it's no reason to be disappointed.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

The sti driver didnt add FI, subaru did that for him.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The sti driver didnt add FI, subaru did that for him.
    Doesn't matter who does it - it's still there.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Relax you two... We aren't starting a import vs. domestic or a F/I vs. N/A scuffle here...

Anyway... My buddy just called me and asked me if I had made it home yet, from Friday... insinuating the slowness of my car. This is gonna drive me crazy until I can get some more power adders.

Thread Information