Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

TA versus unknown crotch rocket...

Ok this will be a short one. So I was riding around with my friend earlier to pick up some neon bars for his Tiburon and we were in my car. I had just made a left turn at the same time this crotch rocket made a right turn right next to me. I was just going to see what he had and I already had on my nitrous bottle to try and keep the pressure up so I dropped my car into second at about 35 and the guy looked over and gave me a nod and I heard him downshift. I layed into my car petty good and the front of his bike came up and I stayed even with him for a little bit and then he started to pull before we had to shut down. Then we slowed down and I gave him another nod and we went again (again without nitrous) and we had the same results. Finally We lined up one more time from about 35 and I turned on the bottle. His front end came right up off the ground and I just took off with everything the ole TA had. We only raced up to about 75 miles an hour and I actually got to pull a car length on him. He asked me what I had done so I told him I had exhaust and he said I ran really well for only having exhaust lol. Anyways he invited me to come and run some more people on friday night up at sonic. So now I have races on wed-fri if I ever wanna run yay!!

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

I could probably identify it if you describe it. It was sportbike styled? Full fairings, small and compact? I'm guessing it's one of the 250's. The smallest available displacement sportbikes at 600ccs run mid 10's at 125mph, while the liter class bikes run high 9's around 150mph.

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by shadegray
    I could probably identify it if you describe it. It was sportbike styled? Full fairings, small and compact? I'm guessing it's one of the 250's. The smallest available displacement sportbikes at 600ccs run mid 10's at 125mph, while the liter class bikes run high 9's around 150mph.
    That's with a very good rider anyhow..

Best I have ran on my 01 R1 is a 10.18.. and the first half of that was with the front tire up... I personally can't run it any faster without being WAY out of my comfort zone.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

10.18 is pretty close to high 9's... what'd you trap at? Around 140, 145ish? Yeah, keeping the front down is the hard part.. but if you want a drag machine, you could always get an extended swingarm. I like to keep the handling aspect though, which is why I chose the 10. Either way, if the guy was on a real sportbike and half-competent, he should rape pretty much any produced street car silly.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Yeah, but as stated he couldnt keep the front end down and I have run low 11's on juice when I hook and seeing as this was from a roll I had no problem

silver
    2000 Audi S4

I used to have Honda cbr 600 (before I got married) and a buddy of mine had a gsxr 1000. I could take him for about a 1/4 mile before he would start pulling on me. His bike was so ungodly powerful that it didn't matter what gear he was in or how fast he was going that as soon as he tried to get into the throttle it would stand up. He had his bike dynoed at 194hp at the tire and total weight with him on the bike was around 650lbs. Imagine that power to weight ratio in your daily driver

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

The front end should only affect him if he's pushing to be run very fast times. You don't really need to push it to beat a car on any of the modern sportbikes. If you're both going from a roll so you have traction, he should be less likely to lift the front too. But going from only 35 to 75, and on the street, with a rider of unknown skill, I guess anything could happen.

Red
    94 Z28 & 2010 SS

This is pretty optimistic. It's really tough to get anything into the 9's.. and I've never seen 150 mph from a stock bike - never. That's a huge number for a stock bike. The problem with most of this stuff is that everybody reads magazines. Such and such ran a 9.94 on a ZX-12, so ZX-12's run 9.94.. Well, mostly they don't. All the 1000-class sportbikes tend to run 10.10 - 10.30 with a reasonably competent rider aboard.. and there are tons of them out there that can't break 11 seconds. Don't believe everything you read.

good kill.. i ran a cbr 600 and stuck it to him from a 30 roll with cam and bolt-ons only.. so not all modern sport bikes are that fast

Thread Information