Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

T/A Test Drive + Stang "race" = speeding ticket

The most stupid thing I ever did in a car happened a couple years ago while I was test driving a 99 Base Trans Am coupe with auto. The dealership did a credit check and let me take the car out for the afternoon. Merging onto the interstate, I blasted past the 65 Mph sign up to about 95. I was throughly impressed with the LS1 and I could have bought the car right then! Slowed down to 70. The on ramp of the next exit I see a 2000 - 2002 Stang Cobra. He merges right next to me, our cars are perfectly lined up. I hear his exhaust open up as he mashes the gas. Foolishly I return the favor. We are door handle to door handle....we couldn't pull away from each other, even though the T/A had 69,000 miles it was still holding my ground. We hold the gas down for only a few seconds. I let off first, the next exit was right down the road. He takes the exit and flips me off!!! Fuggin kid!!

Side question, do you think the Cobra was modded or stock? Thought I would be able to pull on him but couldn't.

Anyway, I slow the dealership's T/A back down to 70. As I'm slowing I see flashing Crown Victoria headlights in the mirror. The sinking feeling quickly came over me. Pulled over expecting that my life as I knew it was over. The Highway Patrol officer walks up and asks what was going on back back there....Where you racing? Quickly I responded that I'm on a test drive and I was trying to exit and get back to the dealership but the Stang wasn't letting me get over so I sped up to get in front of him. Told him the kid flipped me off and I missed my exit. He asked if I knew the guy or anything about the car cuz he would radio ahead and catch him. Told him it was a 2000 - 2002 Cobra with a dark haired 20 something guy driving.

He took my license back to the Crown Vic and he sat there for 10 minutes.....may as well have been 10 hours. Comes back with a ticket for excessive speed. All he said that next time I should use the break pedal instead of the gas. He said that technically it was reckless driving and street racing and that he could take me to jail and have the dealer's car impounded on the spot. He also said the district attorney may want to file charges after the fact. He figured that this ticket would cause enough problems without having to impound the dealership's car. Then I was handed the ticket. 115 in a 65....$278!!!! I think we were going faster than that but 115 is bad enough. He sarcastically asked if I was still thinking about buying the car to which I answered hell no!

I still have the copy of the ticket somewhere. I'll try to get it scanned post it. This cop could have made my life very difficult for the next 3 years but he gave me a HUGE break. Reckless driving is just as bad as a DWI in the ins company's eyes. Luckly I walked away with only the speeding ticket. My insurance did go up $30 a month but should do down next year.

So it wasn't until recently that I felt I was ready to own an LS1 T/A, to be able to respect the power and not drive it stupidly. There was no need to take my WS6 to triple digits on the test drive....I already know they can do it...quickly!
    Last edited by 1 of 122; 11-10-2005 at 10:20 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

holy fuckin shit....wow, that's gotta b a HUGE regret...

if yours was a stock, auto t/a un-tuned, i think the cobra woulda been fine holding it's own-but you heard his exhaust so he probably had some mods.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

ouch, that's pretty rough man

99PontTA
    yourstory reminds me of the time back in the late 80's i'm driving to work @ 5 in the morn on a saturday in my wifes hot rod 77 camaro.I figure noone on the interstate this early worry about and as i enter the on ramp i smoke um hard get it sideways,let off hit it again gaining speed fast i straighten it and hit the end of the onramp and enter the roadway.......GUESS WHATS THERE WAITING FOR ME!

yep smokey bear..i hit the road as hes driving in the passing lane.......i look over to see him eyeballing me .I let off,hit the brake hard and slowed to 55 mph and so did he.We stayed this way for about 3 miles to his exit where the state police barracks were.He stared at me the entire way....i figure his shift was over and he gave me a break.
    Last edited by 99PontTA; 11-11-2005 at 08:33 PM.

silver
    01 mustang gt

so basically what ur sayin is u couldn't pull a low power year cobra with a "mighty ls1"

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Hp of 00-02 cobra is?

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by bbs281
    so basically what ur sayin is u couldn't pull a low power year cobra with a "mighty ls1"
    and you pull... ?
    Ricers?

black
    2000 ws6

dont you have anything better to do then troll threads. fucking pathetic,like your car

silver
    01 mustang gt

why are most f-body car guys such assholes, and big headed

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

why are most f-body car guys such assholes, and big headed
    F-Body guys arent assholes, little pricks who come to an LS-1 board and trash LS-1s are assholes. You like mustangs, so do i... hell my first car was a 67 Mustang coupe, i still have it and i love that thing to death. that dosent mean you have to rag on our F-bodys, Vettes, GTOs, and GM cars in general. Take a look around our board, i think youll find we dont gloat about our cars and say there unbeatable like you seem to think we do. Most F-body guys have respect and know theres alot faster out there... your right stock for stock an 03 cobra can eat our shit all to hell...no shit man its supercharged. I can make the same if not more horsepower if i supercharge an f-body. It boils down to there both AMERICAN MUSCLE! they both rock, there whats keeping this great hobby alive, so get over your one sidedness and look at the big picture, if not get off our board and go drive a honda you troll. Your no better than any ricer out there. Ill admit theres f-body guys just like you... punk kids who think there the fastest best people out there and im gonna tell you something...theres always ALWAYS! something faster. Now stop being such a tool and get a life man.
    Last edited by MaxPlusTen; 11-14-2005 at 02:53 PM.

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen
    F-Body guys arent assholes, little pricks who come to an LS-1 board and trash LS-1s are assholes. You like mustangs, so do i... hell my first car was a 67 Mustang coupe, i still have it and i love that thing to death. that dosent mean you have to rag on our F-bodys, Vettes, GTOs, and GM cars in general. Take a look around our board, i think youll find we dont gloat about our cars and say there unbeatable like you seem to think we do. Most F-body guys have respect and know theres alot faster out there... your right stock for stock an 03 cobra can eat our shit all to hell...no shit man its supercharged. I can make the same if not more horsepower if i supercharge an f-body. It boils down to there both AMERICAN MUSCLE! they both rock, there whats keeping this great hobby alive, so get over your one sidedness and look at the big picture, if not get off our board and go drive a honda you troll. Your no better than any ricer out there. Ill admit theres f-body guys just like you... punk kids who think there the fastest best people out there and im gonna tell you something...theres always ALWAYS! something faster. Now stop being such a tool and get a life man.
    if only there were more ls1 guys like u, u seem to be a pretty intelligent person,, matter of fact we have f-bodys in are club as well, our kind should stick together

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

if only there were more ls1 guys like u, u seem to be a pretty intelligent person,, matter of fact we have f-bodys in are club as well, our kind should stick together
    i dont think you quite followed me dickweed... you are that asshole i was refering to. get over yourself man

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Isn't it funny how a top-of-the-line 320hp 2000-02 Mustang Cobra couldn't pull on a base 99 T/A with 69,000 miles and 2.73 gears?

How much fun would I have had if he was driving just a regular GT....I wouldn't have needed an LS1 for that, a 3800 Firebird could have done that!

How's that for big headed LS1 attitude!?

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by 1 of 122
    Isn't it funny how a top-of-the-line 320hp 2000-02 Mustang Cobra couldn't pull on a base 99 T/A with 69,000 miles and 2.73 gears?

How much fun would I have had if he was driving just a regular GT....I wouldn't have needed an LS1 for that, a 3800 Firebird could have done that!

How's that for big headed LS1 attitude!?
    that just proves ur ignorance they didn't make any 2000 or 2002 cobras, plus your little quote about the firebird proves how cocky and big headed most u guys are
    't

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen
    its funny u mentioned punk kids yet ur only like 17 "1987"

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

that just proves ur ignorance they didn't make any 2000 or 2002 cobras, plus your little quote about the firebird proves how cocky and big headed most u guys are
    't
    cant you detect sarcasm when it runs up, slaps you in the face and says hey im sarcasm look at me. DUDE GET A LIFE AND GET OFF THIS BOARD IF YOUR GONNA JUST TRASH TALK EVERYONE! can we get some moderators on this guy?!? please?!?!

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

its funny u mentioned punk kids yet ur only like 17 "1987"
    18 asshole and age dosent have a thing to do with being a punk ass... attitutes like yours say it all

Black
    99 SS

i am ghey i love weiner

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    you little fuckers are dumb

Black
    99 SS

im just givin ya a hard time man, lol

Thread Information